My daughter told me, while I was buying a car, that she was in a relationship with a FTM trans person. My reaction at the time “oh, ok” I never thought about. I accepted the relationship, who am I to say anything. I taught my girls to always be happy in what they do and it’s not our job to control their life. So life went on and we never really discussed it again. I thought she knew I was okay with it.
Well it turned out she thought I hated the idea. I didn’t know until she was making plans to move half way across the country to be with him that I found out. She kept asking my wife when they could pack the truck and car and travel and so on! I’m like what’s going on? My daughter looked at me and said “we’ll, since you don’t approve I didn’t think you would help!”
I was shocked, I apologized and folded her I was more then ok with it! Because I was so quick to say ok, she thought I objected to the relationship. We talked andpatched things up. The next week we moved her.
Moral of the story is no matter how accepting you might you are you still need to talk, assure them its ok.
I keep wondering if I can every really talk to her still about Lisa.

Forgot, their relationship is now 8 years and getting married next summer. Glad we raised her right.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Lisa Leigh. Reason: Added last line
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?