Genetic girl friend said “don’t worry.EMTs will cut off your clothes no matter whether you’re wearing tighty whities or pink satin painties with ruffles and bows.

Had 6 month checkup with my ARNP. I had taken off toenail polish the last visit and hadn’t had to take off my socks.
So I left it on for next visit.
This time she says take off your pants and socks and I’ll be back in a minute.
Panic turned to “It’s my life” before she came back..Left my socks partly on. When she came in I said “There’s something you need to know”
She was totally cool. Maybe even a little intrigued.
Told her I had realized I was abusing alcohol for 50 years to escape my shame. I don’t drink now.
She says “Mental health is just as important as physical health”

Then her nurse comes in. I said I guess you see this.
She says “What”?

I point. Tell the CD/drinking facts. We end up talking colors and the pleasures of pedicures.

I come back in a couple of months for flu shot. She comes in with release form on a clipboard.
There’s a sticky note
“Don’t Know Jacques”
OPI

After my laughter subsides a bit, I ask what’s this, how did it happen.
“I saw somebody wearing it and I thought it would be a good color for you”

What I had thought would be a nightmare turned into a beautiful dream.

She says my favorite color was discountinued.
I look it up. Manicurist says there is something very close in another brand. I give it to her for Christmas. She loves it and gives me a hug.
I get a thank you note.
“Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me your story. I’m so glad you’re becoming comfortable in your own skin.
Embrace and enjoy it!”

I know these things don’t always turn out so well and my being a long time patient in a larger city helped.

But as others have said, the event is often much better than we fear it will be.

The more I become comfortable with myself, the more comfortable I become with others, and the less I fear some of these situations.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?