I don’t think DeeAnn has ever wanted to blend in. In some circumstances, I think I am seen as DeeAnn and others, not so much. Working against blending in are the facts that I like bright and/or unusual colors and short skirts and short skorts. You say that is is a bit scandalous for a 74 year old, but as Rhett Butler said: “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.”. Looking stylish (but rarely “in style”) and well turned out is important to me and that is what I do.

I think most people that I meet might guess that I am a trans woman, but most of them behave appropriately. If misgendered, I will either clear my throat or say something like “Really?” and often people will realize that a mistake was made. I did that to a cashier at a restaurant and she became so rattled that she checked my bill 3 times before she told me what the total was!

Anyway, it is probably hard to blend in while holding office in 5 organizations. Visibility is important to me and I think it should be important for all of us.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?