• This topic has 30 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello my lovelies…

One of Grace’s favourite subjects…

but so many questions, so please read carefully….

Ok, you will have your favourite colours or do you??…do you prefer an ordinary plastic case…or more expensive metallic tubes…do you stick to the same make or do you experiment with different types.

What about ingredients and the method of manufacture…does that sway you….

maybe you see a colour you love and just….buy it…what the hell!!!

Then there is other choices like Wands, Markers and Chubby sticks….lip liners….glosses….etc

Lippy……the subjects a lot more intricate as you get into it..

So girls…..what’s your thoughts on your ” weapon of choice ” ??????

Grace, Duchess of Rimell ❤️❤️❤️

Anonymous

Well my Dutches of Rimmel, I tend to go for colours I like more than anything, method of manufacturing is not high on my agenda,but if I like it I will try it out. Tend to stick to softer colours “Pink” most times or red,not into dark colours except purple.

Just bought today a Rimmel London no 262″Ring a ring o’ roses “super shine pink., Don’t mind the make or price, willing to experiment and explore different brands. That’s the fun part of the shopping attachment too. xx

Anonymous

I haven’t developed a loyalty to any particular brand yet.  I am primarily concerned about getting colors that I like, various shades of red and pink.  I also check ingredients just to make sure that I’m not going to ingest anything that is potentially harmful.

Anonymous

I have bought some lipstick from RealHer and I love it! I also have some from Revlon and NYX. I don’t have one favorite product line, I try different brands and go with the one I like best.

I tend to get mostly Maybelline, but it’s not really a conscious choice? I stick to shades of pink and reds, and have oodles of both, lol,
      As for price or manufacturing, I dont look, if I like the shade, I buy it
      I do have liquids and solids, and I think I prefer the solids.
      Daily in drab, I wear “daringly nude”, all day
      Love my lippy’s, lol
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

I have been wearing Revlon for years almost daily. They have many nearly nude and light pinks that I have worn in public with not one comment.

I am not partial to any brand.   However, I do factor in my budget conciousness (wordy for being cheap).  On the other hand, I used to love buying Covergirl lipstick.  They had a line that resisted smudging, and even when using a makeup wipe it would still leave residual stains on the lips.  I loved it.  But they discontinued the line and now their lipstick wipes off really easily.

I stick to drug store brands, and try not to exceed $10 for a lipstick.

I have the normal tube ones, liquid, crayon, …  I like to experiment with different methods of application.  I’ve purchased a few lip glosses too, but I rarely use those as food sticks to the gloss when you eat.

However, I do stick with the usual colours, for sure red (I have lots of red lipstick), pink, and purple.  I tend to pick brighter colours.

They probably discontinued it because it stayed on too well, and didn’t sell as much volume as one that needs frequent reapplication. Companies always seem to quit making things that work too well 🙄

Bridgette

I was told be a makeup artist…ok, they weren’t actually talking to me, but I might have been listening anyways, that there are some things you don’t need to spend a lot of money on in the way of makeup, and lippy was one of them. Many girls will change color at least once a day, it gets reapplied after meals, and at other times, and doesn’t need to be expensive to be good or effective. Hence, i won’t spend too much on it. I prefer liquids over traditional solids, and do like to add gloss. I wear a nearly nude color so day nearly every day wherever I am, but an very open to new colors for a night out. I’ve gone with colors ranging from light pink to a magenta that borders on purple. Depends on outfit, hair color, occasion, etc. Just out and about in the day, I’ll stick with a mild red or pink.

Bridgette

Anonymous

My make up has to be vegan friendly, but I have found kiko a really fantastic lipstick, this is a liquid lipstick, they do a double touch, so colour one end which is matte the other end is a clear gloss. The quality is great and reasonable priced. Does take a bit to actually remove it!

I do have some cheaper lipstick, by Barry M, still a nice lipstick, but it wears off rather quick, so plenty of touching up.

as for the colours, Oh my goth!

black, deep reddish purple, bright red and bright purple.

Anonymous

Thank you Amethyst….

Lovely name x

Hi Sisters

A true story from my pre HildaRuth life when I was a chemistry teacher. Back in those days school students could choose their own projects. Anna, a rather troubled and troublesome young lady decided she wanted to prepare makeup – black lipstick, black eyeshadow, black nail varnish. It turned out not to be that difficult to produce the base materials but it took us some time to find a black colouring agent that was smooth and not gritty. The soot deposited on a ceramic tile by a candle flame did the trick. Anna was so pleased with the result, as was I, it was the first time she had actually done anything in my lessons, that she asked if she could show her make up to the head teacher. I said, “Yes of course.” I was in my first year of teaching so more than a bit naive. Anna Said, “Great I’ll do that first thing tomorrow.” She presented herself to the Head dressed in black T shirt, black leather mini skirt, black fishnet tights and black boots, made up withe her black make up holding a small presentation box containing her make up. The head was a bit taken aback but responded positively, asking Anna into her office and chatting with her about her make up and her chemistry lessons. Anna’s behaviour improved beyond all recognition but as is the nature of these things she didn’t attend the chemistry exam. Ah well – that’s life I suppose.

Must admit I can’t shop for lippy without thinking of Anna and what she might have made of her life.

Love and hugs

HildaRuth xx

Well, for everyday use I only have a lipgloss that’s a little bit pinker than my skin tone. It’s no use doing it more fancy since I’m using a mask all the time at work weather it’s corona time or not. Regarding lipstick it’s either  red or nude. In either case I use a nude lip pencil first to mark the contour of my lips. If I’m using a solid lipstick or from a pot i use a brush to apply it. I have a pot from Make Up Store called cornell red. I think it’s colour is absolutely gorgeous. It’s a lipgloss but very rich pigmented so I use as a lipstick. You can see it here https://lyko.com/sv/make-up-store/make-up-store-lip-chic-gloss-cornell-red?gclid=CjwKCAjw9r-DBhBxEiwA9qYUpaLgrQkxS-bwyg3YhSKVsMd-uIMH5Ev1H9FjOh1Vuz9iIWJ_6Mv3ahoCzKAQAvD_BwE

Goodness Gracious…

Ohh, my giddy aunt… wait… they’re all dead! Ok OMG… what a topic!

I have a cheap dark red crème for everyday mode… out to the letterbox type of thing but…
      The best I have used is the Maybelline 24 hour lip gloss! Boom, a lippy that stays put and doesn’t smear! Recommend
      I also use a really dark plum lip crayon by Youngblood that is pure mineral… Amethyst might like the colour!

Smack 💋💋💋♠️♣️😘

Anonymous

I have mostly Pink shades  or Mauve colors. Loreal in a metal case. I do have some Maybeline in plastic and one Cover Girl Mauve that I started with because that is what  my ex-wife always and only used.

I have never tried a Wand or lip gloss. I only use lipstick in a tube.

Kathleen xxxxx 💋♥

Kassie
      Lady

I don’t really have a go-to brand (yet), and must admit, I don’t spend too much on lippy as it’s just one of many things to buy in my makeup budget.

I used to only get pink lipstick when I started experimenting with makeup. But when I wore my first red, I fell in love with the colour, and a bold red is now my colour of choice. I use things like lip-liners all the time, and occasionally gloss, but not as much.

Hi Grace well you know im a red girl and use a few pinks  they are Rimmel And  Loreal for the most part try to stay away from off brands not good quality  Just loved a deep shade of red called Drama Red by Clinique  but discontinued  such a shame just loved it ..

Stephanie

Anonymous

Hello Stephanie…

I think you have hit on one of the major problems…. discontinued colours!!!…

So if you find a colour you love, do you buy a few….and then when you go again….they are gone…..or do you buy one at a time…and they are suddenly gone!!!….it’s a real decision…

haha xx

Hi Grace thats a real delema yes i try to buy a few but like drama red seems to went out in a hurry have found a few on line but people think they are gold in there price i have a problem paying $40.00 for a lipstick that was only 15  so start with .. But i loved the color ..

Stephanie

I use pinks in the day, but deep, dark red for evenings and dates.  No brand preference, but I have learned that lipsticks can get gross in time, oils oozing out of the stick.  Those quickly get tossed, and some were “name” brnads.

Anonymous

Well Sharon….just shows that brand names do not always mean quality xx

Anonymous

Totally agree Steph….thin lips with light pinks doesn’t help at all…

…but watch out for that pillar box red….I was stood waiting for a bus….and yawned, next thing I had a mouthful of letters!!!…it took 3 days for one of them to work their way through…..had a lovely stamp on it though 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Anonymous

Ha ha that made me chuckle Grace, although I was expecting you say three passengers, a pushchair boarded. 

Hi K K…

Me too! Two different colours that seem to cover every occasion…
      130 Self Starter and 20 Pioneer.

Only one problem… getting the lippy off! With crème lippy… a wipe will do it in a flash but with the super ink… blowtorch maybe, acid wash, stone wash even… hohlah!

Flashest of flash smiles… 💋💋💋 Polly

Now that’s a bold choice, having nothing whatsoever to do with lippy! You go girl!

Bridgette

How did the bull riding go?

Inquiring minds want to know, lol!

Bridgette

That’s good. Wig’s far more important than hat!

Bridgette

I’m a sucker for deep red, myself. Brings out the naughty side of me.

Christina.

Anonymous

Well Gen….

Pink is a jolly good start!!!! xx

Anonymous

Me too. But .y preference is Pink or Mauve.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?