Viewing 2 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Lea
      Lady

Putting on a dress = gay, queer, and so many uncalled for names in this strange society around us. I could never understand why clothing gets equated with sexuality. They’re just clothes/shoes, and so many times in history the fashions have crossed the genders back/forth.

Then there’s the push for gender equality, which I strongly support. But in that push, shouldn’t that mean moving away from defining someone’s gender based on their clothes, shoes, appearance. Gender seems to run deeper than those outward things.

Being a crossdresser and fitting in seems to be this big challenge because the society around us is confused.  It’s like this strange desire for people to categorize, box, label others and they feel threatened when confused.

Why does a person’s sexuality really matter, unless you’re sexually interested in them. It was my same logical argument from high school when some boys accused others of being gay… my thinking was who cares if someone else was gay, unless you were gay too and interested, or questioning your own sexuality. That argument did get me into a few fights, but they deserved it.

Same for gender. To help break down barriers, to make things more equal, both women and men need to stop looking at clothes/fashions/shoes as defining someone’s gender and look deep inside at the gift of who that person is. Feels like a very shallow society that only wants to focus on what’s on the outside. It’s what’s on the inside that counts.

Anonymous

Unfortunately, society is emotionally dysfunctional. How many hundreds of years did it take to convince society that the world wasn’t flat or to stop burning people as witches. Some places people can still be killed for being bi, gay or transgender. I always think about all the advances we have but we can’t just accept each other. Sadly, it’s going to take a long time for society to change.

I live in one such area. If anyone in my local community found out, I would most likely lose my job and I would fear for my physical safety.

e.v.

As do I Emerald.
          To help break down barriers, to make things more equal, both women and men need to stop looking at clothes/fashions/shoes as defining someone’s gender and look deep inside at the gift of who that person is. Feels like a very shallow society that only wants to focus on what’s on the outside. It’s what’s on the inside that counts.
          I love that sentiment Lea!❤🤗💋

Hi Lea You have brought two very important issues. Gender, sexual preference. The second one has taken so many years of hard work just to get accepted in today’s society. Still there are those who may criticize, even bring harm to those who have same sex relationships. The Governments have been forced to step in and create Laws against any type of discrimination. Society does not change easy that is for sure. Think about Women’s issues in the work place. Woman simply want equal pay for equal work. Seams pretty simple to me. There struggle has gone on forever and still very much exists today. I recall my mother saying to my sisters that beauty can be a curse. My sisters were all very attractive well educated woman They had so much difficulty in their young lives mostly because of their beauty. They had to learn at a very young age how best to navigate this male dominated world. We as cross dressers and trans woman should side with the female gender. Their issues are our issues. We identify with the female gender. Our problem has been we have to keep a secret and hide it so no one will know. Society makes it clear that if you were born with a penis you should dress and act in a certain way. The same goes for people born with a vagina. Its up to all of us to voice our opinion and tell society we are people too and we have a difference of opinion. Great subjects to think and act upon.

Luv Stephanie

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?