Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Angela
      Lady

Hello Ladies,

I wanted to share with all you girls what was one of the best days I’ve had in a really long time.

A little back story. I recently went to buy a wig from a local lady here in San Diego. I was very anxious and nervous as I walked into her salon. She quickly made me feel comfortable as I tried on different wigs. As we talked I told her about myself. I told her about my failed attempts to buy makeup and clothes. How before going to her shop I wanted to go into the local Ulta to buy makeup but as I saw all the GGs walking in and I chickened out. At the end of the consult she offered to go shopping with me. I thought she was just making me feel good but the offer was amazing and I was on a cloud.

Fast forward a couple of weeks I’ve been chatting with her and we setup a time to go into the MAC store at the local mall as they have a private room. She called MAC and setup the appointment. That was this past Sunday. Suffice to say I was very excited and very nervous. Unfortunately it didn’t work out at MAC. I get a text from her Sunday evening about going to the Ulta store (the one I didn’t have the guts to go into) and meet her friend that works at the MAC area this past Monday.

Being very excited I get there a little early, actually 2 hours early and decide to go into a Lane Bryant close by. A lot of ladies here have said you just have to go in there with confidence, almost as if you own the place. I tried but couldn’t pull it off. LOL. As I’m looking at bras a sales associate asks me if I need help. I almost say just looking but instead I softly say how do I know what bra size I need. She asks a few questions and finally asks is this for you? I nod my head and asks if I want a bra fitting. I wanted to scream YES! I get my bra fitting then she brought several bras into the dressing room for me to try on. I was also able to take my breast forms into the dressing room which was even better! I didn’t find any bras I liked and that were in my size but ordered a few to be shipped to the store. The SA also offered to have a private shopping day? I think that’s what she called it. She will reserve a dressing room and I can try on clothes to get the best fit. OMG! I was over the moon. I’m going in next week for my shopping day.

Then it was over to my friend’s salon and on to Ulta. I meet her friend who consults in the MAC area in Ulta. Before I know it I’m sitting down trying on different foundations to get the right color. I buy the essentials, still pretty pricey and we head over to the wig salon for a private makeup lesson.

My new MAC friend goes through each step on how to apply makeup. I have to say the eyes are the hardest thing. But after its all done I put on my wig. It was the first time in years I saw Angela in the mirror. I was so happy I wanted to cry. I never thought I would open up to anyone about me. First here on CDH then with these wonderful ladies. They have been so supportive and made me feel so good about myself. We chatted for a while and even though I was in DRAB I have never felt more like a woman as I did in that moment.

I can’t believe I’ve been so lucky to meet such wonderful people. Thank you all!

Hugs,

Angela

Anonymous

That was a great day for you Angela.  Congratulations and I bet you have a lot more days like that.

Yael Lyons
      Duchess

I had a similar experience about a year ago. My therapist hooked me up with a woman that helps crossdressers and transgendered with makeup selection and also works as a stylist. We met at an Ulta on the other side of my town. It was great to sit there and try on different foundations and concealers until you have the one that works best for you. Very few GG women gave me a second glance. I few did but nothing to make me run from the store. It seemed like this was an everyday event. I am now going to take it a step farther and meet a woman in Las Vegas that specializes in m2f transformations. Again just makeup and a wig. Trying for a better more passable look. I am so looking forward to it.

Hugs,

Yael

Hi Angela,

What a lovely experience you had had and a terrific shopping trip.  Seems you enjoyed yourself very much.  How wonderful to look into the mirror and see Angela looking back.

Have a terrific private shopping day at Lane Bryant.  Sign up for their rewards program so you’ll receive reward certificates after you shop and a reward in your birthday month.

Alice

Hello Angela; Thank you for sharing this story. Congrats and it’s great that you found someone to help guide you on the start of your fem exploration. Going into Lane Bryant on your own shows your courage and confidence is growing. Can’t wait to hear about your private shopping day. I hope you feel more at ease about shopping at Ulta Beauty. I had my first full make-up application at my local Ulta Beauty back in July, it was an enjoyable experience.

I have a suggestion for you. The lady who owns the wig salon offered her salon to you for a private make-up lesson. If you would like to see yourself all put together, ask her if she would be ok if you could bring a change of clothes with you to put on in her restroom or backroom either before or after your make-up is done. A salon owner of a CDH friend of mine allowed her to do the same thing. Something you might want to consider.

Angela
      Lady

Hi all!

Thank you for the words of encouragement. It’s because of you ladies here that I am going out by myself.

Brittney, great idea! I’m going to ask her. She’s is super supportive I’m sure she will say yes.

Hugs,

A gela

Anonymous

I am so happy for you it’s so much fun being treated nice and girly ❤️

Angela what a BEAUTIFUL story to hear it brings tears of joy to me to have a woman that you really dont know well. Accept for fact that you are just another customer purchasing something you wanted we need more WOMEN in the world like her to accept the fact that we are woman also and just need to be our natural femmine.selfs.good luck on your journey. Now go get the bras at lane Bryant and dont hesitate and be afraid. Get your confidence going in write directions love amber

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?