• This topic has 9 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Becka.
Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I had a new experience yesterday.  I had an appointment with a dermatologist, a new provider for me.  I was nervous going into the appointment as it was the first time I was seeing anyone (or more correctly someone seeing me) with my legs shaved and toenails painted.  After giving my history and answering the usual first visit questions I was given a gown and told to take off everything but my underwear (it was my drab boxerbriefs – I wasn’t bold enough to wear panties).  After doing so they came back in the room to do a full body exam.  The nervousness I was feeling before the appointment wasn’t there anymore as I just accepted it was going to be what it was and there was nothing I could do about it.  They did comment on my painted toes but in a positive way, the nurse actually said it was a pretty color.  Nothing was said about my shaved legs or armpits.

I’m sure many others have had similar experiences, but being my first I was pleased with the way it went.

Thank you for letting me share my experience.

XOXO
      Suzanne

So great when you get no reaction. We are all expecting someone to tell us something bad, but no reaction is the best reaction.

Paula

I did something similar last spring. I was going to my dermatologist as well. I however was a bit more out there. I went in full en femme mode. It all went very well, especially when I explained my behavior. I said “Two sisters, two daughters and four granddaughters, so here I am!!!” They thought I looked lovely and commended me on my comfort with them. There was an older woman in the waiting area that I am quite sure was not enamored with my looks. She kept looking at me with dagger eyes and shaking here head. So being the cantankerous person that I am, when called back for my appointment, walked by her and said “Good morning. You are looking marvelous today”. She actually forced a smile and said “Thank you”.

Love,

Tommie

Similar experience for me with my dermatologist although she has seen me in my panties many times while doing my annual full body check. She has never commented and never given me any attitude or disapproving looks. I am sure most doctors and nurses have seen this all before and will always remain professional with their patients.

Hugs,

Emily

J J
      Lady

Once again, life goes on and the world makes another revolution after somebody sees a bit of our femme side. Glad it went well for you, and you gained a bit more confidence from the experience.

My GP has never seen me without shaved legs, so that is the “norm”.

Yes!
      First time my nurse practioner’s nurse saw my toes we had a conversation about colors.
      When I came back for flu shot, the clipboard with info had a sticky note.
      “You don’t know jaques OPI
      After my incredulous, joyous laughter stopped I
      asked Why?
      She replied I saw somebody wearing it.
      I asked what it was because I thought it would be a good color for you.

Makes me happy every time I think about it.
      ARNP was cool with it,even seemed intrigued.

Poditive reinforcement, Intoxicating isn’t it Suzanne.

B x

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

So glad your appointment with your new doctor went so well. I think most medical persons are trained to be affirming to us who are trying out a new ‘gender expression. For myself I went to a first appointment with a rhumitologist. The first time I went in drab the second tome I went as Cassie where they gave me an EKG so I had to take off my top, bra and forms. The nurses doing the EKG were so nice and affirming of my identity. Soooo at my 3rd appointment I had them change my name in their paitent data to Cassie. Now the clinic only knows me as Cassie.

. Cassie

I had a similar experience the other day. I don’t have my nails painted, but I was wearing a white satin thong. I had to go to the ER where I was seen by at least 1 nurse (male), possibly a second nurse (female), a Physician’s Assistant (female) and someone taking my EKG. I was only wearing the hospital gown over my panties so I’m sure it was seen, but no one said anything.

The medical professionals are there to do their job and not comment on your appearance. But getting a compliment is always nice.

Becka
      Lady

That happened to me the last time I went to my dr for a physical. No body hair at all, and I was wearing knee high hose that I know the assistant saw when she asked me to get on the scale. Nothing said however, no reaction.

I was wearing mens briefs, but the dr did ask if I shaved my legs. I told her I did, that is what hair I did have, as I really don’t have much. She mentioned her husband did not have much hair on his legs either, and went on to comment about herself, saying she has more hair than anyone she knows! She chuckled about it.

I really do like my doctor!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?