Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

I kinda want to include a side, personal note here.
      as the manager of the staff, I have quite literally dealt with thousands of members, their concerns, their celebrations, and their bad times.
      I have removed members from the site, for the good of the site and the membership.
      I would rather help every single member of this site, in turn, without regard to whether they’re a lady on her first day or a Princess that’s been here from the beginning, than ever have to remove another member from the site.
      I want to help our members shine in being/becoming whomever they wish to become, I truly believe that in myself…
      however, there are people that don’t want this to occur, and people who have (and try to share) ideas that are counterproductive to these concepts. if it is an established member, we’ll probably give them a chance to mend their attitudes toward others, it has happened, but a new member or an established member who hasn’t learnt to navigate in our culture/society, someone has to make a judgment call… guess what, 99.99999% of the time that call ends up on my desk, and/or in the managers’ “boardroom”.
      I am a chat girl that ended up in the “right place” when I got the call to step up. do I want to do that? not really… but the question I asked myself when I was offered another position was “who can take care of ‘my girls’ better than I can?”
      y’all may not agree with every decision I’ve made along the way, and I know that even some of the managers have suggested a different course of action in this case or that, and that’s okay… 
      when someone who can take care of our members better than I can, take care of the staff, and maintain the integrity of the site, and wants to do it, I will hand over these golden bracelet/handcuffs to them in an instant…
      until then… 

The best people dealing with an essentially political (i.e., dealing with the polity) interactions are those people smart enough not to want the job because they know what’s involved. Sometimes we are lucky enough that they take the job because they recognize it needs doing and that they are, in genuine modesty, the most immediately obvious person to do the job.

Araminta.

Lara Muir
        Baroness - Annual

Beautifully said Araminta!

💕Lara

BillieJay
        Managing Ambassador

I never wanted to be “the manager” and in all honesty, I’m still not comfortable with that.

I am, first and foremost, a chat girl. I want that on my CDH headstone when the time comes.

I just can’t stop myself from dealing with this or that when it needs dealt with…

skippy1965 Cynthia
          Ambassador

Billie,
          I have been here longer than most-almost from the beginning of the ‘rebirth’ of the site in its current form, and you have carried on the tradition of all our managing ambassadors in doing the difficult job of big sis, mom, principal at times, and done all those roles well. I have the blessing and honor and privilege of the ‘fun’ job of welcoming our new folks. We all have times where we wonder if we deserve our position or if we can continue; but then you get a message of encouragement or thanks and it renews our energy, commitment and recharges our batteries allowing us to keep calm and carry on. Keep up the great work!
          Cyn

Extremely well stated! As a retired business person I would have chosen those words verbatim to define best the otherwise rare characteristics of a person naturally suited to the position.
        Much thanks.
        I have very high regard and respect for how this site is managed and the consistency of their delivery/product… please excuse my words if call CDH a product,it is an aspirational place in the sun not a product
        Appropriately named Heaven
        I am going to shut up now before I talk all of you to sleep! Godspeed Billie
        Love Jaime

BillieJay
          Managing Ambassador

thank you.

I don’t think of it as a product, as I am not on the billing side of things, for me it’s a product of my heart

Gotcha!
            That’s why I restated
            Hard to get 38 years out of my head (+ 4/2 learning)
            But it was the nicest site I ever have participated.
            Thanks again
            Love Jaime

I wouldn’t be on this site if it wasn’t monitored. If I was the type of girl who wanted sex talk and dating opportunities I’m sure I could find a more wild west place somewhere else on the internet. Keep up the good work.

Amy x

Great points! I agree being monitored allows me to speak more openly rather than worrying that someone is up to something and my privacy is at risk
        Best, Jaime

You go, girl. It’s tough being the boss. Do the best you can, don’t look back, and don’t let the Doubting Thomases rule the day.
      Kisses,
      Fredrika Jones

I love this place! And part of that is due to what you do. Thank you.

Hi BillieJay as a new Hostess i am proud of this title and working with a staff of wonderful ladies here .. You and the rest here do a wonderful job as you have a lot thrown on your shoulders to deal with .. As i joined a few years ago it was a place that i felt safe and have ladies to talk to as was in the house but not in a closet as wife has known for the 39 years we have been married that Stephanie was alive and a third wheel in our home .. You girls just keep up what you do as you do it well big hugs to you and all the staff here ..

Stephanie Bass

Dear Stephanie,
        You are a champ!! Every new sister will get more than just a brief note, you are so warm and inviting with everyone. You are a fabulous person to greet our new friends. So thanks from all of us who quietly admire the love that is all around you!!! Godspeed my friend and thanks for replying to me anytime I have reached out needing an ear, and though you may not have known, I have left you with a damp shoulder a few times months ago.
        Best Jaime

Jaime you are a sweet heart as i try my best to greet all new girls as all deserve a nice welcome .. And i remember you when you joined and yes we connected as friends ..

Big hugs girlfriend

Stephanie

Peta Mari
      Lady

I don’t have a there there any things goes mindset. If someone asks a question wuthin a post – most times I ignore, and other times ill jump in, heels and all.

Like many others, I have some absolute dogmatic attitudes… mine revolve around boundaries which protect our marriage. I know I have trodden on some toes voicing them.

The few times I have had to contact management. (Actually both times they contacted me.) And then the editorial help for when I wrote an article was fantastic.

On a whole. I say kudus to all who run this forum behind the scenes.
      Sadly, my being on a disability pension doesnt grant me the ability to have paid membership. I’m extremely grateful for the opportunity to be a freeloader.

Anyways. CDH rocks.

BillieJay
        Managing Ambassador

from personal experience, I can guarantee you that I, and the managers’ council, do NOT consider our Ladies to be freeloaders.

Personally I was  a Lady for over a year before I upgraded.

and I also promise you that the managers’ council does not treat Ladies differently, or hold them to different standards, than we do the Baronesses, Duchesses, and Princesses.

Billie Jay –

Thank you for all you do to keep the site safe for everyone, it is not an easy task.  I am proud to be one of your hostesses and thank you for having me as one.  Thank you for the explanations you provided, I think they sufficiently explain the things that were asked.  As in most organizations as you move up you learn more about the inner workings.

I have found CDH a safe environment for me to be able to express myself, learn, receive encouragement and advice, encourage others and most importantly be able to talk with others who understand.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Billie, I could go on and on, and write a 1000 word essay on how I respect and admire the work and effort you put in here.  I do appreciate all your support, and am forever thankful for the guidance you give to everyone here.  Frankly I do not know where you get the energy – I swear you put a 30 year old to shame, lol.

Aaaaaand, just as important,  you make it fun too 😁.

Just wanna reiterate:  Thanks Hon! ❤

Stevie

Becka
      Lady

Love the support and oversight. Unfortunately at times I’m sure it’s needed! Let me know if I can help support you, ever!

Anonymous

Whether called Managers or Ambassadors, the hard decisions can be tough. No matter what, somebody will disagree. In the recent past, I was a Moderator on another forum until new management decided that only their, close minded point of view was acceptable. My husband as Terri moderates a much smaller forum for over 12 years now. I know full well that many times, there are no easy decisions. And the obligation of having to log in every day, sometimes several times a day.

I’m pleased that this forum has so much diverse activity. You know you’re doing a good job when there aren’t many complaints. Kudos, Billiejay.

Eileen

Brielle
      Lady

Hi BillieJay,

I want to thank you for your guidance and keeping the site a safe, friendly place where we can be ourselves. If there are members who can’t seem to abide by what the vast majority of us want, then they should pursue other veunes for their opinions.

I hope I’ve never offended nor hurt anyone else with any of my posts or comments. Please let me know immediately if anyone reports my content as offensive.

I can’t believe I found this forum and the sister-site TGH – before, I had no one to talk with about my feelings or experiences. It is so valuable for us to be able to voice our inner selves without fear of ridicule or harrassment.

Hugs and Kisses,

Brie

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?