Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

There are bargain hunters, and then there are bargain SLAYERS!!  I was one on a recent trip to KC a couple weeks ago.

I did some great shopping in drab mode.  I’ve gotten used to it.  Nobody pays attention to me pawing through the racks, or the garments draped over my arm that I intend to try on.

I went to Macy’s, since that chain is not prevalent in our region and this store if further up north.  I think there’s only two in the whole KC area.  Anyway, it’s not a big store, and I was searching for a nice jacket to wear when en femme.  Right when I walked in, I saw the shiny pants & blouses displayed near the door.  There was a table of leggings and pants, and I saw these nice white faux-leather pants, and I spotted a metallic blouse hanging on the wall.  I took note to come back if I had time, to grab those.  🙂

I made my way through the store, making mental notes of what I wanted to grab to try on while heading to the jackets and coats.  I found a couple coats and tried them on right there, but they were not quite right… and the prices were not where I wanted them to be.

I wandered around the store again, picking up a super-soft fuzzy long-sleeved sweater in the juniors section (ha! – NOT a junior, but the sweater was cute), grabbed those white pleather pants, a pair of brown pleather leggings, that silver top,

The white pants fit alright, had wonderful drape, but were just a bit big.  A smaller size would have been more snug, but I think that’s how they are supposed to fit.  The brown leggings were not cut well, and the silver top was fun but didn’t fit right.  The sweater was perfect, so I bought it.  It was only $20 (50% off!)

I went to lunch and noticed a Salvation Army store across the street.  I’ve never been to one of those… Goodwill and others, but never Salvation Army.  This store was huge!  Great selection of some real high-end clothes too.  I dug through the entire rack of ladies jackets, which was probably 40 yards long.  Holy cow!!  I found several jackets that looked nice, but they weren’t quite right.

I browsed through the rest of the ladies wear and headed to the men’s jackets.  I found a London Fog jacket in near -mint condition that fit me perfectly AND was actually a ladies coat!!!  I couldn’t believe my fortune!  Plus, being on the men’s rack meant it was automatically $10 cheaper than all the ladies jackets (all the men’s coats were $10 cheaper)… sexism working in my favor I guess.  As I was heading out I stumbled onto a misc. rack of coats and outerwear. Right there was a beautiful leather “Casual Corner” collarless jacket in my size!  Double-zipper, a nice detail on the edges, and the leather was in excellent condition.  Nice and buttery!  I pictured it paired with my leather dress, and decided I had to buy it.  It was only $35.  The London Fog was $29.  Two basically new condition coats for $65 total, but were almost certainly over $400 together when they were new.

THEN I went to Dillards in my town yesterday.  It has been converted to a 65%-off clearance store, so they always have great deals.  This weekend, through Monday, everything is an ADDITIONAL 50% off!!  @trailgirl, you NEED to go hit this sale!  I bought grey sweater dress for less than $20, and the snake-print pleather leggings by Commando for $20.  They have nice men’s dress shoes, so I went to see what they had in my size.  I bought a pair of $250 Ecco dress wingtips for $62.50, a pair of black $150-ish Ecco cap toes for $22.50, and a pair of blue fabric Steve Madden dress shoes for $20.  I grabbed the last two 2-packs of undershirts for less than $5 each, and later today I am going back to buy socks.  I’ve been spending so much money on ladies shoes, clothes, and lingerie that I have neglected my drab wardrobe, and it was beginning to show.

Overall, I am slaying the bargains these last couple weeks.  Now I need to spend money on other people… holidays are coming up.  Other than the hip pads I ordered, I’m done buying girl stuff for a while.  I have to play with the stuff I got first!

…and by the way, that leather jacket is PERFECT with my leather dress!  SOOOOOO classy and hip.  Love it.

Be well, ladies!

~Philma

Love it! Thanks, for the heads up. I’m going to go out there now!

Anonymous

Philma

What a time you had!!!!

…I got ” credit card” itch just reading it, I would love to see a pic of that leather jacket…well done honey….Queen of the slayers.

Huggs, grace xx

There are oictures of the leather dress on my profile.  I’ll need to get dolled up and get some pics with the jacket too!

Holy skirts, Batman!! Philma, thanks so much for the tip on the Dillards clearance sale! Since my breasts forms and shapewear haven’t arrived yet, I went up there specifically for skirts. I went in drab and took my daughter with me. I bought three skirts, an oversized sweater, and a feminine winter coat that I can cinch the waist tighter if my shapewear makes a huge difference. I knew what my dress size was and based my skirt size off of that. Mistake! My beer belly is what had really dictated my dress size and the skirts were all too big. As you know, since it’s a clearance store, no exchanges, no refunds. One skirt is wearable only if I use a belt and wear an untucked shirt.

I was feeling a little bummed out. Thankfully, those two skirts were only $7 each with the tax. Knowing what was there that I missed out on, I told my wife that I was going back without my daughter so I could try them on. I am so glad I did! I picked a few out based on my wife’s guess on my size and tried them on. Now I knew what two sizes I could work with. I picked out a bunch more and marched back to the men’s fitting room and tried everything. That turned out to be a smart decision because of variations between brands and styles. I found two denim skirts that were slightly different. Under any normal circumstances, I would have been happy with just one. But the second one was only $5. I also found two perfect mini skirts, a maxi skirt that fits like a dream, and some leggings that look like a pair of slacks. I also got a couple really wide belts with elastic for $3 each because I knew how good they would be around my waist with that oversized sweater. Both had enough stretch and adjustability for when my shapewear arrives and will be handy to have for my dresses that are on the way too. I only wish the brown suede skirt for $25 that was too small had been available in the next size up. All of the skirts should still fit well as I keep working on my weight and I can always buy some hips if needed.

Girl, thanks again for the tip! I’m set on skirts for a while. Too bad their shoes only went to 11 1/2 though.

Excellent shopping experience, Mika!!  What a great sale.  I could have EASILY filled my entire car with clothes… they have some good higher-end stuff there.  I have used the mens dressing room a lot.  No mirrors in the mens (sexist, right?!), so I use my camera on my phone to take pics.  I think they are used to taking women’s clothes back to the women’s section from the mens dressing rooms.

I am hoping whatever sale they have later in December is still good.  Dillards used to have an amazing sale right after Christmas.  I’m hoping they do one of these “50% off the lowest price” sales again.  I could outfit several weeks worth of clothes for Philma, and rebuild my drab professional wardrobe.

I can’t wait to see the pictures!

I sincerely hope they do another sale like that after Christmas. By then I’ll have used my forms and shapewear enough to get some nice tops and dresses. Like you, I could have stayed a lot longer and filled my car. And, yeah, the no mirrors sucked! The shopping took away my makeup practice today but it was soooo worth it. Thanks again!

The Canadian version of Black Friday pales in comparison to the bargains you just detailed. Sounds like a fantastic haul!

Anonymous

I would frequent Goodwill through the years. It would have to be out of town. The big retail chains as well but def out of town. Too easy to get caught with coworkers and customers at my employer from a wide area.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?