- July 2, 2022 at 8:43 pm #659965Samantha LinehanParticipantRegistered On: April 13, 2021Topics: 21Replies: 23Has thanked: 50 timesBeen thanked: 117 times
I’ve bought beautiful acrylic nails at drugstores for practice. I even have a nail filing kit now. Is it normal for the nails to be too wide for one’s fingers or is it that men’s fingers are too wide? Any thoughts on trimming them on the sides?
- July 15, 2022 at 3:34 am #662843Veronica PerriLadyRegistered On: October 14, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 6 times
My experience has been:
1. There’s nothing better than a salon manicure. Not just for the look and quality but also for the general health of the fingers and nails. While I’m happy for the girls who can maintain their color full time, it’s rarely an option for me to keep painted for more than a special week.
2. When using glue on I do a base coat of clear first. The glue sticks to the base coat and when removed doesn’t leave that ‘etched’ look on your natural nail.
3. For ‘one night nails’ I’ve found that these work pretty well since it’s often hard to find press ons in the size and color you want. Make sure you press them deep into the curves: (Amazon) DNHCLL 240PCS (10Sheets) Transparent Double-side Glue Nail Sticker Adhesive Flexible Fake Nail Tips Adhesive Tabs Nail Glue
4. Rarely do local drug stores carry the wide Kiss nails (look for ‘Wide’ on the box). When they do have something in a cut/size/color you like STOCK UP! Kiss is constantly changing their product models and any model may be discontinued anytime. Hands down Kiss is the best (press on or not) but getting the RIGHT Kiss nails is tricky. Shop your local drugstore’s website.
5. If you truly have man-sized nails (like me) don’t get the Sally Beauty Xtra Large kit. It’s not big enough to build proper sets.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- July 5, 2022 at 12:33 pm #660491
- July 4, 2022 at 12:36 pm #660250
- July 3, 2022 at 7:19 pm #660130MeganLynn SuravlasLadyRegistered On: June 19, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 6Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 14 times
- July 3, 2022 at 12:06 pm #660064AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- July 3, 2022 at 11:32 am #660060Sandy HoneyLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 464Has thanked: 310 timesBeen thanked: 2382 times
I have really never had what I call good luck with acrylic nail sizes. The thumb was just not right it seemed no matter what vendor I used and I just couldn’t get them on right or painted correctly. I finally gave up and about a year ago went and had my nails cleaned up and had them done with a French nail. Except for getting my ears pierced one of the best things I have done for myself. Not only do they look really great but using the dip powder I found that I no longer have the habit of nibbling at my nails so they have grown out nicely. I have had them done in sand, American, pink and some other colors. Yes some people have commented but those were mostly my ex and some of her wretched family. I’m in Kissimmee this 4th and yesterday my daughter and myself went and have a manicure and pedicure. I had my toes done in white gel and my finger nails in a really nice French tip with light pink undercoat. We had fun doing this together. I usually don’t tell anyone what they should do but getting your nails done is one I highly recommend.
- July 3, 2022 at 5:40 am #660004Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 3751Has thanked: 54125 timesBeen thanked: 13193 times
Hi Samantha most of the Kiss wide nails that i purchase fit really well even the regular ones come pretty close as a home body i dont get out ever they seem to look good wife helps shape and glue them sometimes good luck girlfriend..
- July 2, 2022 at 9:41 pm #659970Susan TalbotLadyRegistered On: June 28, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 171Has thanked: 1167 timesBeen thanked: 577 times
I use the wide size that is sold in stores. Thus far it’s been the Kiss brand and they work fine. Got some that have color and it’s such a big difference.
I have had the pedicure and color and I am so ready to get a manicure and color. Exciting 😁
- July 3, 2022 at 11:02 am #660052Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 56Replies: 972Has thanked: 2282 timesBeen thanked: 4476 times
Susan, getting a manicure with some color is the best. I got mine done the first time in my collage colors almost a year ago. The more of us that do this the more common it will be and no big deal. I got only a few negative comments and a lot of what ever you want to do!!!
- July 3, 2022 at 3:36 am #659991Jasmine BaileyLadyRegistered On: June 10, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 16Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 64 times
- July 3, 2022 at 5:37 am #660003Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 3751Has thanked: 54125 timesBeen thanked: 13193 times
- July 3, 2022 at 12:21 pm #660067Jasmine BaileyLadyRegistered On: June 10, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 16Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 64 times
Ill have to try the glue on nails. I have been doing the “press on” style because I usually don’t have a lot of time that I get to wear them. Easy on and off was my hope ❤️. Do the glue on nails come off easy?
- July 3, 2022 at 5:36 pm #660119Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 3751Has thanked: 54125 timesBeen thanked: 13193 times
Yes Jasmine they do just dont use a lot of glue i use a couple of small drops and the come off fine ..
- July 2, 2022 at 9:34 pm #659969Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 13Replies: 820Has thanked: 664 timesBeen thanked: 3458 times
I’ve never used acrylic nails. When I look at the ones in the store, my thumb is way too wide for any finger nail set I have ever seen. I would need to use the big toe nail to fit on my thumb. I haven’t even bothered to check the fit the other fingers
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.