Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’ve bought beautiful acrylic nails at drugstores for practice. I even have a nail filing kit now. Is it normal for the nails to be too wide for one’s fingers or is it that men’s fingers are too wide? Any thoughts on trimming them on the sides?

Thanks 💋

I’ve never used acrylic nails.  When I look at the ones in the store, my thumb is way too wide for any finger nail set I have ever seen.  I would need to use the big toe nail to fit on my thumb.  I haven’t even bothered to check the fit the other fingers

I use the wide size that is sold in stores. Thus far it’s been the Kiss brand and they work fine.  Got some that have color and it’s such a big difference.

I have had the pedicure and color and I am so ready to get a manicure and color. Exciting 😁

Where do you find the Kiss wide nails?  I have a problem finding one that fits my thumb

Hi Jasmine I look on line and once in a while when i get to a big town Walmart has a few there to purchase .. My hands are not real large so most fit i use the glue on ones .. good luck girl..

Stephanie

Ill have to try the glue on nails. I have been doing the “press on” style because I usually don’t have a lot of time that I get to wear them.  Easy on and off was my hope ❤️. Do the glue on nails come off easy?

Yes Jasmine they do just dont use a lot of glue i use a couple of small drops and the come off fine ..

Stephanie

Cassie Jayson
        Duchess

Susan, getting a manicure with some color is the best. I got mine done the first time in my collage colors almost a year ago. The more of us that do this the more common it will be and no big deal. I got only a few negative comments and a lot of what ever you want to do!!!

. Cassie

Hi Samantha most of the Kiss wide nails that i purchase fit really well even the regular ones come pretty close as a home body i dont get out ever they seem to look good wife helps shape and glue them sometimes good luck girlfriend..

Stephanie

Anonymous
      Lady

I have really never had what I call good luck with acrylic nail sizes. The thumb was just not right it seemed no matter what vendor I used and I just couldn’t get them on right or painted correctly. I finally gave up and about a year ago went and had my nails cleaned up and had them done with a French nail. Except for getting my ears pierced one of the best things I have done for myself. Not only do they look really great but using the dip powder I found that I no longer have the habit of nibbling at my nails so they have grown out nicely. I have had them done in sand, American, pink and some other colors. Yes some people have commented but those were mostly my ex and some of her wretched family. I’m in Kissimmee this 4th and yesterday my daughter and myself went and have a manicure and pedicure. I had my toes done in white gel and my finger nails in a really nice French tip with light pink undercoat. We had fun doing this together. I usually don’t tell anyone what they should do but getting your nails done is one I highly recommend.

Anonymous

I’ve never used acrylic nails, but love getting a manicure. I’ve asked for clear polished ,and my wife is OK with that. I’ve started taking care of my nails. I don’t want long nails, but metrosexual nails are alright with me

Anonymous

The KISS press on nails work well for me.Amazon has them for under 10 dollars and I’d never go out again without having my nails done.

Pumped
      Lady

I buy these from Amazon. They fit my fat man thumbs!
      Glue on nails

Anonymous

A few years ago I decided to stop wearing glue-on nails or acrylics and I made the decision to grow them out. Best decision ever!

Veronica Perri
      Baroness

My experience has been:

1. There’s nothing better than a salon manicure. Not just for the look and quality but also for the general health of the fingers and nails. While I’m happy for the girls who can maintain their color full time, it’s rarely an option for me to keep painted for more than a special week.

2. When using glue on I do a base coat of clear first. The glue sticks to the base coat and when removed doesn’t leave that ‘etched’ look on your natural nail.

3. For ‘one night nails’ I’ve found that these work pretty well since it’s often hard to find press ons in the size and color you want. Make sure you press them deep into the curves:  (Amazon) DNHCLL 240PCS (10Sheets) Transparent Double-side Glue Nail Sticker Adhesive Flexible Fake Nail Tips Adhesive Tabs Nail Glue

4. Rarely do local drug stores carry the wide Kiss nails (look for ‘Wide’ on the box). When they do have something in a cut/size/color you like STOCK UP!  Kiss is constantly changing their product models and any model may be discontinued anytime. Hands down Kiss is the best (press on or not) but getting the RIGHT Kiss nails is tricky. Shop your local drugstore’s website.

5. If you truly have man-sized nails (like me) don’t get the Sally Beauty Xtra Large kit. It’s not big enough to build proper sets.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?