• This topic has 14 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi GirlsNeed some advice. I would love to wear super long nails (like the ones in the show Claws!) but those gel stickers don’t work ver well. I am nervous about using nail glue for fear of not being able to take them off or just damaging my own nails. I want to be able to take them off in a matter of few hours. Tips/tricks that y’all can share would be great!

S

Yes nothing so fem and sexy as beautiful nails and makes us all feel special. I have really had no problem with the glue Saleena over time. Dont overdo the glue and they will pop off. You will need nail polish remover then to remove the glue which clean up very well with no damage.

Anonymous

Thanks, Deborah. Good to know that they can come off easily. Any tips on putting them on? By the time one hand is done, then it’s hard to get them on the other!

Anonymous

Practice, practice, and practice.

This takes practice and you will learn other difficult task such as buttoning up a blouse.

I use the gel pads as they make nail removal very easy. The only thing I would say is make sure the false nails and your own nails are cleaned with an alcohol wipe or similar to remove any grease, prior to fitting, and cover as much of your own nails with the gel pads as you can. This may mean doubling up or cutting extra pads to fit. Obviously the longer the nail you want to fit, the more careful you will have to be with the tasks that you do. I rarely lose a nail in a 24hr period, using gel pads, and they can last 48hrs, with care. I worry that wearing glued long nails may precipitate a real one being torn off 😲

Anonymous

Can you send me a link to the pads you use?

I love wearing nails. I have never been able to leave them on for more than a few hours before having to take them off. I have used glue on ones and have had a difficult time getting some of them off. I’m sure I was a bit heavy with the glue. I have used the gel pad ones and had them fall off to easily. I’m sure that time I did not clean my nails off well. Every time one fell off I had to find it before the wrong person did. Two fell off in the house and two in the car. With practice they both can work well.

Mona
      Duchess

I use brush-on nail glue because it provides the strongest hold.  Even then, I usually lose one or two over the course of a day.  Depends on how much pressure you put on them, such as, for example, struggling into a tight dress and/or shapewear.

As indicated above, it’s important to prep your nails beforehand by cleaning them thoroughly with rubbing alcohol.  As far as removing them – soak them in warm water for 15 minutes to loosen them up a bit.  Then I use a cuticle pusher tool (available everywhere cosmetics are sold) to wedge under them, starting at the cuticle and working my way up toward the tip of my finger.  Often they pop right off.  I believe you can purchase a special solution that helps to dissolve the glue.  Just a few drops are needed once you have a created a little opening with the cuticle pusher.

I tried wearing really long nails for the first time this past weekend.  They looked great but let me tell you that it sure becomes difficult to do…well…just about anything you’re used to doing with your hands.  They are particularly nasty when it comes to clasping necklaces and securing thin straps on heels.  Also brings a whole new dimension of frustration when trying to type or open a flip top can.  I have no idea how real women with long nails are able to function!

On a positive note, they are awesome for scratching itches.

Hi Mona, If you check out my photo page, you can see my nails, they are my own, I’ve been growing them since January and they have gel overlays. You DO get used to them and learn how to use your fingers differently. The beautiful thing about having long nails is they force you to be more graceful, and they definitely make your hands and fingers look so much more feminine. I love mine and will always have them longer.

Hugs,

Lauren M

Pumped
      Lady

A also wear fake nails often, but generally just for a few hours.

I buy full coverage fake nails from ecbasket on Amazon. I also use Sally Beauty Terrific tips. They fit my large man hands well. I use brush on super glue and just run one pass down the middle of my finger nail, then press on the fake nail. A little smoothing with an emery board and polish. They hold well and to get them off I just pry them off with a finger nail tool, and remove the glue residue. You can buy super glue remover but I haven’t bothered. my wife knows of my dressing, so I clean my nails as good as I can and apply a couple coats of clear.

I would not worry about tearing off your natural nail, they don’t stick that well!

When you glue on the fake nails do your primary hand first. If you right handed, glue on the right hand first and you will have better luck with the other.

Anonymous
      Lady

I used to wear press on nails but got really tired of them not looking just right or having one pops off while out so now I have grown my own nails out and love going to the nail salon and having them done. I really like dip nail powder and usually get either French tips or American tips.

Anonymous

I wish I could grow my nails out. Decades of nail biting has left me short nails. I just need to be disciplined about not biting them off!!

Anonymous
          Lady

I had the same issue so my daughter took me to her nail salon and they cleaned up my nails and then put on tips. The tips covered the end of my nails and I couldn’t bite them because of the tips. I went thru 2 nail sessions of adding tips over a month and by then my nails had grown enough to not need them. I think the fact that I have long nails on all fingers helped me not to bite them any more. Plus dip powder gives the nail a protective cover and when they are nice long and have some color I find I don’t touch them anymore. Go and give tips a try and then let them put on the American dip color which is subtle and really looks good.

Anonymous

Hmmm…link is brokenp

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?