Viewing 2 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi girls

Ever since I had to have a knee reconstruction in the mid 90’s I have had some form of osteo arthritis in my left knee. Up until now and especially at nighttime in winter, a thermal knee brace has done the trick!!

But now due to my declining years, the “thermals” are not working and its all been very painful. . So what’s a girl to do but go invest in a pair of 6 buck K. Mart 40 denier black tights to keep her troublesome knee warm.  Especially at night.

Last night was my first time wearing them, but  I “road tested” them, all day yesterday by wearing them, my nice lacy cami and knickers to the MCC members to watch my Aussie Rules football team “live” for the first time in decades. Our CDH English friends will know of the MCG, “The G” to us locals, but for our North American cousins, think of it as the biggest best known stadium you have in your part of the world

I have a mate who is a member and “owed me a lunch”. I wasn’t driving, so a good day was had by all. But going to the gents,  without exposing my tights/panties caused a bit of “unusual disrobing”. When the cubicles were full that is!!!

So here I am in the stiff upper lip MCC members wondering if statically 5 % of us blokes are CD’s how many others were there in a 40,000 crowd so attired or for that matter attending the footy en femme.

It was a rather warm day, not sure if a CD would have survived under all the “necessaries”, especially if they were not clean shaven!!

And on the subject of warmth the 6 buck tights got cut up about 3am, too hot for my right leg. So the left leg was made into a stocking and I found a garter belt to hold it up for the rest of the night.

Naturally my beloved knows nothing of all this, but if it turns out that’s the only thing that works, she will have to be informed…

Necessity is the mother of invention!! Especially when there’s pain involved…..

Happy dressing

Caty

I have had arthritis since the age of 6. I am now 71. I have been very fortunate in that I am in much better shape, overall, than the majority of people who have had the disease for as long as I have. When I am asked which joints are effected, I tell people it is shorter to tell them which joints are not effected.

Until last year I had been taking Enbrel for the previous 4 years. It is one of those medications that controls inflammation by blunting the immune system a bit. It is quite expensive. What I’ve seen are prices ranging from $1200US to $1500US per month. The first year was the last year that I worked and it was covered by my company health insurance plan. After I retired, it is only partially covered by my insurance, but the manufacturer (Amgen) has an assistance plan. If you qualify financially, which I did (Barely), it is free. However, last year my wife was underpaid regarding some of her disability retirement funds. That threw my over the limit. I will wind up paying 1/3 to 1/2 of full retail (yearly) before the insurance. I was without the medication for close to a year and I checked into some interesting substitutes (partial substitutes).

I don’t know what your laws are like regarding cannabis, but it is legal in a number of places here. There are some creams that work on inflammation and pain without any mind-altering effects. The 2 that we tried did a little for me, but not a whole lot. However, what did help was Tiger Balm. Not as good as the medication, but its effects were noticeable. Anyway, the short story is that it is worth a try. While it does have a distinctive fragrance, it is not unpleasant in my opinion.

https://www.tigerbalm.com/symptoms/10/symptoms_products/TIGER_BALM_RED/

Good Luck!

Caty:

Sorry this didn’t get posted when I wrote it. Seems it fell into an approval queue and just got released yesterday…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?