• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Just curious..  Both a CD and a Vegetarian is probably not so common.  I don’t know though..

DeeGee

Anonymous

Looks like we’re in a minority , haven’t eaten meat in 25+ yrs ….I’m 51 yrs young & girly 😜

Anonymous

I’m a life long vegetarian as it happens…

My grandmother became vegetarian during the rationing after the war, and my entire family is vegetarian.

I’m the oldest lifer I know of :0)

Love Laura

Anonymous

Well that’s two of us here….

DeeGee

Anonymous

You can put me in the “wannabe” category. I don’t care at all for meat and refuse to touch anything with feathers; but my wife is a carnivore who dislikes almost all produce other than salads or potatoes. I only get “perfect” meals when we dine out, which isn’t often enough.

Hi Dee,

I’m a vegetarian, I love animals too much to eat them.

Jessica x

I’m a vegetarian, I love animals too much to eat them.      Jessica x

What would happen if we all stopped eating animals?  What would we do with them?  Release them into the wild, adopt them as pets or leave ’em to die ‘cos nobody needs ’em anymore?

I’m not a vegetarian, I love animals far too much for that!

Sally xx

[postquote quote=237565][/postquote]
          The vast majority of animals that come into the food chain do so through breeding or farming means, if we didn’t eat them then we wouldn’t breed as many.  Nature has its way of balancing things out, it has been doing this for millions of years, it doesn’t need humans to interfere and make a mess of things.

Anonymous

It obviously won’t happen overnight.

We don’t have to release them into the wild, which would be chaotic, we can eat and breed fewer and fewer.

We need to – the methane alone has a significant climate impact, and there are sections of society that eat more meat than is good for their health.

Getting everything back in balance should be our collective goal, and we should each do whatever we can, no matter how small.

Baby steps.

If we have time… :0)

Love Laura

DeLora
      Lady

I have been a vegetarian since the age of 13, so 30 years now.

My reasons have morphed over time. Initially it was because I didn’t like how animals were treated in large, factory farms, which is where the vast majority of meat is produced. Chicken farming in particular disgusted me.

In addition the my original reason I guess now environmental and food security/sustainability concerns factor in.  Agriculture has a huge carbon foot print and so much of that it from growing food for animals so we can grow the animals to eat them. If the land was used to produce food directly for humans we could feed many more people with less land in production, or the same land under less intense production.

As a vegetarian I make a point never to preach to others about their dietary choices, however I do live in a meat centered culture and people often feel the need to point out how unhealthy a vegetarian diet is. I am currently working on a mineral exploration project and our cook basically refuses to cook for a vegetarian. fortunately the apartment I am lodging in had a reasonable kitchen. I had a wicked chick pea curry, vegetable coconut korma and rice for supper while the rest of the crew had left over pork chops and rice.

Anonymous

A vegetarian diet is far from unhealthy!

I’ve managed 55 years, and my grandmother got to 88. She became vegetarian around 1945, so 50 years of a very active and healthy life. She used to love camping in the Alps.

I have some delightful photograph albums of those times, as my grandfather was a keen photographer. The gear they camped with – looks like a blanket and string! In all that snow???

My father is 80 next year – he turned vegetarian in 1961, when he married my mother. He’s still active and sharp, caring for his non-vegetarian wife who is being slowly destroyed by Dementia. And that’s tough work.

Next time someone says the vegetarian diet is unhealthy, ask them about… oh forget it!

I definitely don’t want to turn into a preachy vegetarian, but sometimes the idiotic things some omnis say just make me wanna get into that pulpit and breathe fire!

Joke:

How can you tell if someone is vegetarian or vegan?

They’ll tell you.

Love

Laura

Jane Doe
      Lady

Add me to the vegetarian list. Still disappointed that all those those soy phyto-estrogens haven’t given me more up top.

I am firmly seated in front of the beef steak with veggies on the side, but I will be happy if you wish to bring your veggie plate and join me while we talk about girly things. I will not hold it against you, and I hope you would extend me the same kindness.

Hugs Paula

Sorry, but I’m not. I have nothing against anyone that is and will sit down and enjoy a meal with anyone who chooses to be. I love vegetables, generally have 2 veggies and 1 meat portions at most meals. I just don’t think I could ever not want to eat a steak or burger.

I’ve been a Vegetarian since 1986 and have never looked back.

Never liked the taste of meat, so I don’t miss being a meat eater.  Also feel heathier being a Vegetarian, but for me it was mostly about not wanting animals to suffer for my diet.

Roxy641

Anonymous

Hi Roxy , I totally relate to your post ( however I did enjoy meat ) xx Tiff 💋

Anonymous

More here than I thought.  Nice to know.  Even though I am I do not preach and still can cook a good steak or chicken over the grill.  It is different choices among us..

DeeGee

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?