Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author

I will never forget the summer of 1981.I was twenty one and had just started to pluck up the courage to buy my own tights\ pantyhose instead of wearing my mum’s which I had been doing since I was twelve in 1972.At that time I didn’t know anything about skirt,dress or shoe sizing,so it was just hose that I purchased.My first purchase was a horrible pair of cheap 15 denier black  tights from Woolworths which I purged two days later.For the rest of that summer all I could think of was wanting to dress as a girl but I had no clothes.By August I was beside myself.I went on vacation with my parents to Tenby in a coastal town in West Wales.I was frustrated as can be.The weather was quite mild and sometimes rainy.All I could see was girls of my age wearing lovely skirts and dresses with tights of various colours.My holy grail for tights in those days  were black opaques and white tights.I think white hose was in because of Princess Diana.I was exceedingly grumpy to my poor dear mum and dad.it wasn’t like me to take it out on them.Of course, they had no idea of the cause of my grumpiness.One night I went to a folk club in the cellar bar of a hotel in the town.Once again I was frustrated as the bar was full of pretty girl wearing tights.I really,really wanted to be one of them.Towards the end of the week my parents,older brother and I went to a summer season theatre show in a theatre.First thing I saw on stage was a troupe of leggy chorus girls dancing to the theme from Dallas.Once again  I was envious and my grumpiness began to manifest itself.The other cause of frustration was following my mum around the ladies department stores and trying to keep a sly eye on various brands of hose.

Luckily,when I got home I got brave enough to shop for various pairs of tights in stores at home with much better results.Found some great quality pairs which I sneaked into my bedroom wearing my mum’s skirts and dresses.There would subsequently be lots of hosiery purges that went on for years and years.But for a little while I was happy and the frustrations of that largely dry crossdressng spell that summer had eased.And I learnt a lot about various styles and hues of tights\ pantyhose into the bargain.

Hi Roberta,
      I found a bag of discarded tights when I was in 7th grade. My mom used them as batting for sewing quilts. It was delicious to sneak away and try them on even with all the runners they had in them.
      Good memories!
      Samantha

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?