- November 3, 2021 at 1:07 pm #568214TJ LibertyParticipantRegistered On: June 29, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 81Has thanked: 596 timesBeen thanked: 321 times
After a year or so of hibernation, T.J has resurfaced. 😬😊
She seems more determined now and I can feel that we’ll be venturing outside to meet a friend.
I really want to look amazing, although not sure if my confidence is quite there yet.
Maybe my Pink and Blue wig needs toning down 🤔😂
Any tips for blending in?
- November 6, 2021 at 12:55 pm #569661
- November 4, 2021 at 3:35 am #568408Birel GalanodelLadyRegistered On: May 3, 2020Topics: 24Replies: 338Has thanked: 930 timesBeen thanked: 1667 times
TJ, I agree with dressing for the environment you are going to be in. If you are going to a pride event, the pink and blue wig will blend in just fine. I think at pride and comicon, anything goes. 🙂
I don’t pass, but like to at least not be noticed from a distance. If I’m going to walk trails at the park, then I love my short denim shorts, t-shirt, and cap. People watching at the place you are going to go in advance is great advice.
Wherever you go and however you dress, just go with confidence that you have just as much right to be there and dress however you like as anyone else does. Like Holly said, if anyone has a problem with your appearance, that’s their problem. We don’t have to, and shouldn’t, change our gender identity or presentation just to make other people comfortable. Wear whatever makes you happy, and don’t let anyone else take your happiness away from you.
- November 4, 2021 at 12:48 am #568371AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
A lot of the advice given will depend a on exactly where you live……your community
I have two ways of dressing…
I have some really bright, in your face outfits and wigs…..including a rainbow version….too over the top to wear out, but I wear them at home for taking photos, and the pleasure they give me. I love OTT and maybe one day……who knows…..
I then dress to go out, okay, not so flamboyant….but still pretty and you can wear anything under a long coat or a bobble hat….
I’m a top notch people watcher, and I work out what’s acceptable…it’s not rocket science. If I fancy popping out on a weekend,eespecially evenings, there lots more scope as the GG’s tend to dress up to hit the town….
Blending does not have to be boring…….
- November 3, 2021 at 9:11 pm #568351Michelle BrownRegistered On: August 23, 2015Topics: 3Replies: 170Has thanked: 2467 timesBeen thanked: 698 times
- November 3, 2021 at 8:36 pm #568346
- November 3, 2021 at 1:48 pm #568224Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 360Has thanked: 778 timesBeen thanked: 1640 times
Pink and blue hair wouldn’t blend to well where I live. I also want to look good. Usually nicer dressed with makeup and jewelery. I guess I don’t know how to blend and don’t want to learn. If you want to look awesome then go for it.
- November 3, 2021 at 1:39 pm #568222Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 29Replies: 913Has thanked: 4043 timesBeen thanked: 3992 times
Tips for blending in? Don’t wear blue and pink wigs! Only kidding TJ
Try to dress for the situation you are in.
Take your cues from what women similar ages around you are wearing.
Stay calm, try to act casual, make eye contact, say hello, engage with your surroundings.
Be confident, chin up, chest out. Make eye contact with starers, they will stop.
But your blue and pink wigs tell me you are not the blending in type, but the standing out type!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.