- December 4, 2022 at 3:57 pm #698976Carla Blanche-DuboisParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 24Has thanked: 58 timesBeen thanked: 66 times
I juat wanted to put this out there. I has prolly been addressed before.
I hate my body hair. The chest area and a some on my back. I grow so weary of trying to shave every inch of my body.
So, what types/techinques of hair removal can any of you wise ladies recommend?
- December 5, 2022 at 7:35 pm #699245Abbie NormalDuchessRegistered On: June 13, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 703Has thanked: 1428 timesBeen thanked: 2937 times
I’m with you, body hair was the first thing I hated when puberty struck. I’m doing laser currently but it’s pretty spendy and it’s not 100% especially if you have any light coloured hair. I’ve heard HRT comes with some hair related benefits but it may be more of a change than you want. Eventually I’ll be doing electrolysis on my face once I’ve burned out the few black hairs with the laser. So much still to go… good luck!
- December 6, 2022 at 1:26 am #699277
- December 5, 2022 at 7:16 pm #699226Susan TalbotDuchessRegistered On: June 28, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 317Has thanked: 4495 timesBeen thanked: 1299 times
I have just been shaving and fighting the red bumps and the prickly feeling. So recently I tried waxing. I just got a sugar wax and did the legs and chest. Sugar wax washes off if you make a mess like I did the first time. Yes it stung a tiny bit when doing the chest now it seems easier and less sting.
To be honest it’s a slower process than shaving but it lasts for weeks and everything stays smooth. I haven’t tried a hard wax as of yet. Also I would be very open to having a professional do it so I could learn a bit.
- December 5, 2022 at 5:43 pm #699206J JLadyRegistered On: September 13, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 492Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 1874 times
I epilate chest and belly (not much back hair) and wax legs.
Options are shaving, creams, waxing, laser (best on dark hair and light skin), ILP (marginally effective) or thermolysis which is actually to best, but time-consuming and expensive.
I am currently on a SCUBA diving trip in Belize so am reminded just how unsightly body hair can be. I am seeing too many men in just swimming trucks getting ready to dive, and their hair really is unattractive. All the ladies are hair free and it just looks so much better. I had my legs waxed just before the trip and epilated the rest and it just looks and feels so much better.
- December 5, 2022 at 2:01 pm #699167Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 72Replies: 1161Has thanked: 2721 timesBeen thanked: 5469 times
- December 5, 2022 at 12:33 pm #699159Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 129Replies: 1202Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 5073 times
I tried hair removal cream, worked, but messy. So for ease of removal and no pain… (I’m a coward…lol), I shave chest to feet once a week. I dont do this in my “DADT” home, (too messy for “The Boss” Luckily my storage unit has power. So its electric jug on, cut down plastic milk bottles for the warm water and as Jackie Gleason used to say back in the black and white TV days, (showing my age here), aaawwwaaay wee gooo.
- December 5, 2022 at 2:00 pm #699166
- December 5, 2022 at 7:58 am #699121Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 1069Has thanked: 5404 timesBeen thanked: 4709 times
- December 6, 2022 at 3:25 pm #699474Carla Blanche-DuboisDuchessRegistered On: November 17, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 24Has thanked: 58 timesBeen thanked: 66 times
One question…. I checked on some waxing services in Baltimore and one of them had an FAQ entry:
HOW LONG DOES MY HAIR NEED TO BE?
At least 1/4 inch. To expand on that, at least 1/4 inch or 3-4 weeks since the last time you’ve shaved. We can wax if it hasn’t been 3 weeks, BUT that is when the client (you) has to be scrupulous with exfoliating with products. If you haven’t, in-grown hairs will most likely occur after your waxing. And we want this to be the best experience for you and for you to be happy.”
So, I need to not shave anywere for three weeks? Not sure what to do.
- December 5, 2022 at 2:02 pm #699168
- December 5, 2022 at 7:50 am #699118Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1406Has thanked: 5124 timesBeen thanked: 6445 times
- December 5, 2022 at 2:52 am #699056Allysa GrantLadyRegistered On: November 1, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 250Has thanked: 1851 timesBeen thanked: 987 times
- December 5, 2022 at 12:01 am #699040Emily AltHostessRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 1275Has thanked: 1437 timesBeen thanked: 6564 times
Shaving sucks! I started laser a few months before the pandemic. Got 4 sessions before my clinic closed. I bought a home IPL unit and did the rest myself. Did a pretty good job.
- December 6, 2022 at 6:10 am #699331Nikki Just NikkiLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 106Has thanked: 869 timesBeen thanked: 707 times
I started IPL in September and have had good results. Just wish I could do something about my facial hair. It’s almost all gray, so laser is out and electrolysis is just shockingly expensive.
- December 4, 2022 at 9:22 pm #699010PrudenceAmbassadorRegistered On: January 7, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 341Has thanked: 1589 timesBeen thanked: 1374 times
Hi Carla. I hate shaving also. I just tear my shins and knee’s up. So I wax. As Allison said, it can get expensive. But I like the results. And it only stings for a second or 2. Hugs Pru
- December 5, 2022 at 2:06 am #699052
- December 4, 2022 at 8:54 pm #699007Megan MooreLadyRegistered On: October 13, 2022Topics: 14Replies: 49Has thanked: 75 timesBeen thanked: 293 times
- December 4, 2022 at 7:34 pm #699000Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 15Replies: 946Has thanked: 760 timesBeen thanked: 4011 times
I’ve been getting waxed for about 7 years now. I get everything below the neck except my underarms and under boxer shorts. Much of what grows back is thin and pulls out easily. It’s effective, but it is expensive.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.