Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Chrissie Smith
      Baroness

Hi girls. I will shortly have the first opportunity for a very long time to dress and I’d like a new bra. I think I’m a 42 but how do you choose a cup size. I would prefer a small to medium bust. Is that a B? C? Help! Thanks ladies.

Hi Chrissie,

Visit a small lingerie shop and have yourself measured.  If you have forms be sure to take them with you.  Depending on your outfit one cup size might look more balanced than another.  It’s best to try and fit in as not to attract attention so balance is a key factor.

If you find a padded bra you like the padding can add to your cup size.  So you might find a smaller cup size looks better and more natural.

Alice

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Like Alice said, getting measured in person is the best way to get the right size.  If that’s not possible, do a search for a site called “A Bra That Fits”.  They have detailed info to measure yourself and a bra size calculator that’s fairly accurate.  Bear in mind the number you get is a starting point and there may be some trial and error before you find the best fitting bra.  Good luck!  Have fun!

/EA

Hi, Chrissie, I am certainly no expert in this area, but I can tell you what I did that seemed to work.  I read some articles about crossdressing and how big you should be.  If you have large shoulders, and are tall, you will need a bigger cup size.  I personally went for a D cup, because I am tall and have broad shoulders, but I don’t have your stats, so, that is just my  little bit of information.  I hope this helps you out.

I found a C cup to be a nice size on my 40″ chest.

For measuring yourself get a fabric tape measure.  Put it around your chest where the bra band will go.

The cup size is found measuring around your chest at the largest part of your breasts.  The difference in these 2 measure will tell you your cup.

I forget the  cup size letter to difference,  but it can be found on the companies web site.

If you are padding, I brought the bra then made forms to fit the cup.

If you have forms they will have been sized to a cup size.

Good luck and have fun shopping

Paula

Measure your chest under your boobs, then measure further up at the largest  part usually where your nipples are.
      A rule of thumb is the cup size goes up as the difference in these measurements go up, so

+1” = A

+2” = B

+3” = C  etc.

unfortunately not always accurate, as you know different brands of clothing in the same sizes do not always fit the same,

or you could go for a fitting, it’s fun!

B x

Anonymous

Dear Chrissie,

Needing a new bra infers that you have an old one? How does it fit? Don’t think you’re a band size 42, measure yourself and be sure. Cup size is the difference between band and bust. A C cup might be the medium your looking for.

Experimenting with bra sizes is less expensive than forms.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Cup sizes increase as band size increases, I have found.

There are charts you can use to see what cup size you are. You can use this in reverse to see how large you want the cups to be. Therefore, a B cup on a band in the 40’s isn’t “small”… So, if you’re looking for the look of a modest bosom, I wouldn’t go to a C cup. B might be plenty to let you create some shape without looking unbalanced.

The balance all depends on your lower half shape, whether that’s naturally round or rounded by padding.

Take your time, Bras aren’t cheap and you want one that fits well.

If you’re up for it, a professional fitting is best.

Good luck and have fun out there!

xoxo

Rayna

Chrissie Smith
      Baroness

[postquote quote=726882]

Well it’s been a while. I think I was 42 35 years ago! And measurements would tend to confirm that. I’m just in a bit of a whirl right now!

Chrissie Smith
      Baroness

[postquote quote=726858]

Hi Alice. Thanks but after so many years away from dressing I don’t think I’m ready to have myself measured. I’m going to have to take a bit of a punt!

I’m a 42-B myself. Bras with a big band with small cups are hard to find. I need to look on-line to find any as I haven’t found many in stores.

Everything I have read about cup size is that the average is a C cup. That’s what I wear, 44C. I’ve been told by several women that size looks great on me. I know I like it.

Denise

The size of the cup seems to get a lot larger as the band size increases. My band measures at 37inches but when I got fitted a 42 band fit best with an A cup. That seems small but that fits my size 7 forms perfectly and if you look at my photos you will see my boobs are not small. If anything, they are a little bigger than I am comfortable with. So this whole bra sizing thing is a mystery to me and I am glad I got fitted.

Kirra W
      Lady

You can find some great information about bras on the link I’ve posted in my topic Tedx videos, especially this one:

I usually wear US 38B, because I don’t like to get too much attraction at this part of my body.
      Also remember that some fabrics of your clothes may not be extendable, and some choosing a large Cup size, may be not compatible with some of your clothes. 😉

And as stated by Lisa, it’s usually hard to find small cup with large bands! 😄

Kirra

When I decided to begin wearing breast forms it quickly became obvious that on-line research was far too confusing and uncertain to enable me to make a proper decision on my own.  After a lot  of nervous indecision I finally worked up the courage to seek professional advice.  I searched on-line for lingerie shops and after only two calls found a very up-scale shop specializing in bra sizing and related products and services.  I made an appointment and visited with two younger female clerks who had no problem helping (I had told them when I called what I was needing:  man wanting to be fitted for forms and bras).

They made several measurements and told me that I needed 44D forms.  This based on height, weight, waist, chest, arms and more.  Quite a thorough exercise.  They did not sell forms there but told me where to purchase.

After I got the forms I returned and they fitted me for bras.  My advice:  don’t try to do it yourself:  get professional help.  As with clothes shopping, I am certain that you can find help  from clerks eager to make a sale irrespective of the fact that we are CD’s.

Good Luck !

Kisses

V

Hi Chrissie

I think you have two options here, either go to a shop and get measured or take an educated guess. You are here in the UK so you could book an appointment with Marks and Spencers as my friend did, you ca read about it here:

Stephanie’s bra fitting (mylifebyandrearaven.blogspot.com) 

Or you can buy a cheap bra from a supermarket, I would suggest go for a 42C  and see how it fits and looks. If you like the size you can invest in a better quality bra if you want to or go up/down a cup size………

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?