Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      DaniJ
      Lady

Hello girls,

I have some general questions as someone who is just starting out.  I have some lingerie and stockings and want to add a dress or two.  How about shoes?  Should I start out with flats or a small heel?  I haven’t ever tried walking in heels before.  These items will be worn in home only for now as I am still in the closet. Thank You.

DaniJ

I love heels because they make me feel more feminine, but I’m sure everyone has their own preferences.  🙂 Perhaps go with a moderate heel first because the high ones can strain even just walking around the house.

Btw finding the right size can be a bit tricky. If you won’t be trying them on in the store, I recommend researching how your male size would translate into female size. I started out by getting  a few pairs from thrift/goodwill and finding out how the heels fit.  Then I took a chance buying online. I happen to be size 10.5, which most women’s shoe manufacturers skip, so I have to look for size 11 that runs small (based on customer feedback or research) or size 10 that runs large.

DaniJ
        Lady

Thanks April for the advice.  Luckily there is a CD friendly store in my area, that is where I purchased the things I have, so I will be able to try shoes and dresses on.  The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Good Question. Following and hoping for some great answers.  I don’t have any shoes yet, I wear size 12 mens, 45 international,  So having trouble with just walking down to Payless and grabbing a pair of women’s shoes that fit.  A CD friend suggested this place. Was wondering if anyone else has used them:  https://www.glamourboutique.com/

DaniJ
      Lady

[quote quote=133823]Good Question. Following and hoping for some great answers. I don’t have any shoes yet, I wear size 12 mens, 45 international, So having trouble with just walking down to Payless and grabbing a pair of women’s shoes that fit. A CD friend suggested this place. Was wondering if anyone else has used them: https://www.glamourboutique.com/

[/quote]
      Hi Riley,

The place I go to is in Michigan, its Janets Closet.  They have a website that you can order from.

hi danij. you know, I have never paid much attention to footwear other than my Barbie slippers! I kid you not 🙂 . regarding dresses, well. that’s a matter of choice. I prefer figure hugging dresses with a shortish bottom part, above the knee. colour wise, it depends on the dress and how far you want to go, reds and blacks are good, but not everyone is to the same taste, some of our members might prefer a longish dress, maybe patterned, or flowery. I have a young outlook so I dress accordingly. some of our more mature members will also dress accordingly. what I do, is look at other women and what they are wearing and how it looks on them. that should give you a fair chance of selecting a suitable dress whether its loose or tight. good luck!

fiona xxx

DaniJ
        Lady

Thanks, looking forward to doing some shopping in the near future(maybe get myself a Christmas present or two).  I appreciate all who have offered their input.

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Hi Danij,  My first pair of shoes were with a 2″ heel.  Just high enough to get used to walking in heels.  A month ago, I got a pair of 3″ heels boots and found that I was nowhere near as awkward as with the first pair.  Hope that helps.

Michelle

Becka
      Lady

Hi Danij.

Flats are a good start, as are a lower heel.  If you are comfortable in a 3in heel, you maybe fine in 4, but they sure are fun to try!  Thing about heels (and womens shoes), is they are narrower, so you want to chose right.  Don’t be shy about trying a pair or two on!  🙂

Good Luck!

Danij,

I bought my first pair of heels at Payless, in full Guy Mode.  What I did was talk to a sales clerk and tell her that I’d lost a bet with a woman at work.  I said the actual bet wasn’t important, just that I was overly confident and lost.  If I’d won, the woman at work would wear her black leather miniskirt in.  If I lost, I’d have to wear high heels to work!

The sales clerk got a big laugh out of that, but she was very helpful in finding kitten heels I could actually walk in.

But, as you said, Payless only goes up to size 12 womens which is 10 mens.

I’ve ordered from GlamourBoutique several times and visited their store once.  They have decent products and work with you to ensure a good fit.

You might also look at DSW (Discount Shoe Warehouse).  They have at least size 13 and may have 14’s.  The advantage there is that you can return them to the store.

Macys, Target, Kohls, Belk, Lord and Taylor sometimes have larger womens size shoes.

Good luck on your shoe search!

Leah

Anonymous

I started with heels and am only now appreciating flats.

My first proper outing was on 3″ heels, and I ended up having to walk a mile across central London.

I wondered, seriously, what the fuss was that most women seem to make – I had no problems at all, in fact I found them incredibly natural.

I still do – I wear my favourite nude court shoes from New Look to death! Theyre size 9EEE, and fit beautifully – so comfortable with tights – and I’m male size 11.

I took the chance with my first heels – I noticed that I could wear my wife’s size 8s for a while before they pinched, so figured a size up would be OK – and it is. I added wellies and trainers to my wardrobe recently so that I could go out a little more stealthily.

I’m 6’4″, so stand out a little in 3″ heels!

That said, I got some 4″ platform courts after seeing them on a lady I worked with – and they are a resounding success inside – I wouldn’t go out in them except to a special evening function as the soles are a bit slippery.

I buy after studying the look I want and ordering my size.

So far, no disappointments and I’m probably up to my 10th pair…

I only have 6 pairs of male shoes/boots!

Love

Laura

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Hi Danij,

The first pair of shoes I purchased had a 2″ kitten heel.  And it helped me figure out balance and walking properly. I have a 3″ heeled boot now and glad I started with at kitten heel.

Hugs,

Michelle

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?