Notifications
Clear all

Does your SO know or even suspects your crossdressing? Poll is created on Feb 09, 2024

Does your SO know, or have any idea that you dress.

119 Posts
71 Users
681 Thanks
Lady
Topic starter
(@lisa55)
Honorable Member     Gloucester, Virginia, United States of America

I recently discussed and revealed my crossdressing to my wife of 44 years. She said she had no idea that I had been. For years I thought she at least might have had an idea I was.  After our talk she has been very supportive of Lisa and even enjoys our girls nights in. Yes, I’m very lucky. But before that I was terrified of her finding out, even though I thought she suspected. 
My question for you is where does your SO fit on this scale? 

Topic Tags
118 Replies
40 Replies
Lady
(@harriette)

Famed Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

@lisa55 Yeah, she knows. I am sure that she wishes that it all goes away.

(@jacquelinelarkspur)

Famed Member     Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom

@lisa55 

Good poll. A tricky one for me to pick one answer from. We had The Talk, but it was many years ago. I purged and stopped, then (surprise) the urge to dress returned stronger than ever. So now it may be either "I think she suspects" or "DADT".

Lady
(@michellebb)

Estimable Member     Paradise Valley, Arizona, United States of America

@jacquelinelarkspur ditto sister got caught now I hide and don’t dress as much as I want. She was so nasty about it wanting to go to my boss my son on and on. Now it’s storage and wait till she goes out of town

(@briannaleah)

Trusted Member     Howden, Manitoba, Canada

@michellebb I'm constantly amazed that so many genetic girls (GG) explode when they find out HE's dressing as a woman. It is kind of sad but let's face it feminism has turned so many women into utter witches (much worse than a guy cross-dressing). I decry this, I don't like it but GGs are what they are now. And it is often not a pretty sight.

Lady
(@tiffany8)

Reputable Member     Ontario, Canada

@lisa55 

Considering I purged ALL of Tiffany's belongings when I met her and haven't replaced a stich of it yet, I think it safe toq say she has no idea. 

Lady
(@denises924)

Reputable Member     Massachusetts, United States of America

@lisa55 

I have been married a long time and she does not know. I am 100% in secret. That is why I am so glad I came onboard at CDH.

Denise
❤️

Lady
(@lisa55)

@denises924 support is very important, CDH does this better than anyone else as far as I am concerned.

Duchess
(@pattyphose)

Noble Member     Long Island, New York, United States of America

@lisa55 My wife met Patty a couple of weeks after we met. That same day we went out shopping as girlfriends. After going out dressed for three years, I did things that day I never did before. I thought I did some bold and exciting things before, but this was on a whole new level.

This wasn't the first and last time either. We became girlfriends and often went out. We both found it fun and exciting. So, I was her boyfriend and girlfriend.

Lady
(@lisa55)

@pattyphose that’s the way my wife feels as well. Two girls friends, but still need to go out shopping as Lisa. Once my hair grows out a bit more I think we will be more comfortable.

Duchess
(@pattyphose)

@lisa55 I was very nervous, being as it was going out femme on a scale I had never done before. Shopping at a mall on a Saturday seemed so scary. It was so big and so many people around. I was scared to death getting out of the car and walking in.

Once inside when we began walking around and nothing terrible was happening, I began looking around and was pretty sure I saw us getting lots of looks. Then we began doing some shopping. It was a fabulous girl experience.

We began going out often as girlfriends. It seemed to be more exciting and we had more fun. I did anyway.

(@kellyann)

Estimable Member     Santa Rosa, California, United States of America

@pattyphose same with my wife. We enjoy going shopping together. She's always bringing me home something cute

Duchess
(@pattyphose)

@kellyann My wife and I often go shopping together, but it's for the usual groceries or things for the house. We pretty much always end up in the women's clothes departments before we leave. We often end up with at least a few and sometimes several clothing items. Things we might get for me is sometimes a dress or more, always pantyhose and sometimes shoes if they are in my size.

But we haven't gone out as girlfriends in some time. It seems as we get older, we seek thrills and excitement less, unlike out youth where for a time we were out more as girlfriends than girlfriend/ boyfriend. She enjoyed the insane levels of thrill and excitement it brought to me which she got to benefit from it.

Lady
(@audreyw)

Trusted Member     Savana, Georgia, United States of America

@lisa55 Short and sweet. Yes my wife knows, and she's actually the one who encouraged it and got me started years ago.

(@briannaleah)

@lisa55 I hid it from my wife for awhile but my desire to get more serious about dressing girly drove me to tell her outright. I showed her my pics and she was fairly supportive. She has seen me dressed many times now as I am President of our local CD Club. I have not been out in public with her but I do go out solo and with other dressers too.

(@christineth)

Prominent Member     Brussels, Brabant, Belgium

@lisa55 

Great question Lisa.  I voted that my wife knows about my crossdressing and is very supportive.  I know I am in a very lucky situation, and I am very happy to see the results indicating that there are quite a lot of us girls (around 40%) in the same place (ladies clothing department?), with supportive SOs.

But that still means that 60% are not there and indeed in difficult situations.  My heart goes out to all those ladies who are not having such a positive experience with their SOs and loved ones.  I really hope things get better for all of you.  If you need an ear to bend about your frustrations, I am sure there are many of us ladies on this site who can help, even if it is just listening with a sympathetic ear.  

I do feel that slowly, crossdressing is getting a bit more accepted in society at large, but we seem to be the last of the ‘alternative’ communities reaching acceptance and there is still a lot of work to be done.  Let’s all take every opportunity (however small and seemingly insignificant) to further our acceptance and to be able to walk out, chests out and heels on.

As my wife says, we don’t hurt anyone, we seem to be better people when we are dressed and everyone should be able to do what they want in this short life, as long as we don’t hurt others.  Health and happiness is all that really counts and crossdressing certainly contributes to both aspects of my life.  

I wish for increased universal acceptance of our needs.

Hugs to everyone,

Christine

Lady
(@lisa55)

@christineth very well said dear.

Baroness Annual
(@rhondalee)

Honorable Member     Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America

@christineth Three cheers and a big Amen!

(@coleencd)

Estimable Member     Edinburgh, East Lothian, United Kingdom

@lisa55 mine knew for many years. I think she has realised it is part of me and will not go away she has seen Coleen and not commented on her. She has given me clothes and shoes that she no longer wears they are to big or heels. She gives me money to buy things I want for my birthday and Xmas. I go to support group meetings and take clothes forms heels wig and some makeup. I wish we could go further with both us dressed and talking just in the house or away somewhere. I do have way more skirts and dresses than she does and heels way more. My wife knows I love my dressing and I do get grumpy if I cannot wear a skirt or dress at least once per week for a few hours

Lady
(@lisa55)

@coleencd I found out, as my wife has, when I am dressed and presenting as Lisa I am a much better person. I guess this is why she likes Lisa being around so much.

Baroness
(@alexina)

Noble Member     Fife, United Kingdom

@lisa55 Hi, Lisa, I'm the same, nicer because I'm happier. We've spoken about it before, when I was telling her how lucky I feel but what did she get out of it? "A happy you" she said 😊👗👠

Allie 

Baroness Annual
(@rhondalee)

@lisa55 

Presently 69percent of 119 respondents find strong support and 31 percent don't. I wish the question allowed for "tolerant". Data I have seen shows 25 percent are strongly supportive, 25 percent are intolerant to the point of leaving the relationship, and the rest are either tolerant but less than strongly supportive, or intolerant but not to the point of severing the relationship. I suspect most of the tolerant ones and perhaps even some who are opposed but not to the point of leaving are being  seen as"strongly Supportive" for lack of a more descriptive choice.  My ex-wife may have been considered supportive merely by staying with me, until she didn't. She fooled me into believing she was supportive, but either was sucking it up or changed after being persuaded by others that she should demand I change or leave if I couldn't. 

Of course there are other explanations possible, such as a disproportionate percentage of this group having strongly supportive wives vs. the general population, or negative changes over time.

Lady
(@lisa55)

@rhondalee remember this isn’t a scientific poll, it’s just a questionnaire as to what our feelings are toward the known and unknown of the SO. If we could read the SO’s mind, 1) that would be scary, 2) it would solve a lot of problems we all have with them! 
Thanks for your insight.

Lisa. 

Baroness Annual
(@rhondalee)

Baroness Annual
(@rhondalee)

I'm simply trying to understand whether/why most respondents consider their wives strongly supportive. This counters what I have seen.

Lady
(@harriette)

Posted by: @rhondalee

@lisa55 

Presently 69percent of 119 respondents find strong support and 31 percent don't. I wish the question allowed for "tolerant". Data I have seen shows 25 percent are strongly supportive, 25 percent are intolerant to the point of leaving the relationship, and the rest are either tolerant but less than strongly supportive, or intolerant but not to the point of severing the relationship.

Not to put too fine of a point on it, but my wife is somewhere in your last 50%. Not exactly intolerant, but not exactly tolerant, either.

Sometimes she comes home and will either poke my bra, if wearing one, not in a fun way, or she will pat me down, in a body search if she doesn't see one. Again, not kicking me out, let's me dress to a degree, bought me an earring / necklace set, but not being trusting, either.

Lady
(@lisa55)

…well Rhonda, the question isn’t about your wife’s reactions. It is about how you think your SO perceives you. Do they know or don’t? It’s more about you and not so much about them. If they know, well then that’s a different question for another day, an interesting one at that. 

Lisa

Lady
(@hottestwitch)

Honorable Member     Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom

@lisa55 I put down that I'm not sure what she knows... it's just that the "hints" might just be very subtle - or perhaps not even hints?  A while back, I noticed that she kept leaving clothing catalogues out, usually open at pages of clothes that I know K wouldn't wear... but that I totally adore.  I would also be amazed if she hadn't noticed some of my clothing that I really should have hidden better... BUT...  Normally, K wouldn't miss any opportunity to embarrass me - and (lets face it) this would be the biggest opportunity ever!  Also, if she did have even a hint, I'm pretty sure she would have headed off to her mother's house for ... well, who knows how long?  I'm totally sure that she wouldn't have a problem with my proclivity, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't use it to get one over on me...  Still love K beyond belief (even after almost 33 years of marriage) but maybe all of this just proves that I may be a little paranoid?  Dunno - what do you think?  Holly XXX

Lady
(@lisa55)

@hottestwitch I always thought my wife had an idea. During evening events she would allow me to play in panties and stockings, so I thought she might have a good idea. After such an eventful evening I couldn’t hold back and came out her and spilled my guts, unaware of what her response might be. I worked out better than I thought it would. But every couple is different. We have been married 44 years. But we determined that, after talking, now was the best time to reveal Lisa to her. The kids are gone and live out of state, we live out in the country so it’s not like anyone is going to stop off for a chat. So it works for us and she loves Lisa being around too.

Every situation is different. What worked out for me might not for others. But you have to be careful and expect the unexpected.

Baroness
(@trish1980)

Prominent Member     Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada

@lisa55 

Thanks for this poll Lisa. I chose “other” because I couldn’t bring my secret into our marriage so I told my wife before we were married. She had to know the whole person she was marrying and I also wanted to give her the chance to cut and run if she chose. After many years she has become accepting but doesn’t want to meet Trish or see any pics of her.

In a perfect world she would be supportive and maybe one day she will. If not she has still given me the freedom to continue my journey and meet with my girl friends occasionally and for that I feel blessed.

Trish ❤️

(@barbiegoldwin)

Estimable Member     Gulfport , Mississippi, United States of America

@lisa55 

not married

Lady
(@lisa55)

@barbiegoldwin don’t have to married, just someone you have a serious relationship with. You could even be a F2M CD, so not necessarily your wife, just significant other. If you don’t that is fine too.

Lady
(@nhvtguy08)

Trusted Member     New Hampshire, United States of America

@lisa55 I'm an underdresser mostly. But enjoy wearing full lingerie when I'm home alone. My wife knows about both. She's bought the majority of my panties. The rest of the lingerie I buy myself. She has seen me wearing it and it's not an issue. She really doesn't mind if I wear panties and a nightgown. But for full lingerie she lets me know the exact times she'll be out of the house, so that I can enjoy.

Lady
(@lisa55)

@nhvtguy08, The hardest thing I found was to dress or to undress in front of my wife after I came out to her. It’s just odd to be doing it now in front of her after all the years of hiding it from her. Even after 6 months I still am a bit shy at times, but over all we both have gotten use to it. She is fully accepting and encouraging as well. I hope someday you’re will be as well.

Duchess
(@jackienerfed)

Trusted Member     Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America

@lisa55 my SO knows, supported it when we were dating and now doesn't support now that we are married.

Lady
(@lisa55)

@jackienerfed sorry to hear that. I know that must be so disappointing for you too. Maybe she’ll come around again over time. Wishing you the best.

Duchess
(@jackienerfed)

Trusted Member     Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America

@lisa55 Thank you!

Lady
(@carol81cd)

Active Member     Norcross, Georgia, United States of America

@lisa55 

We were downsizing last year and I suggested her hiking panties would fit me better than my own and kept them. I made a point of her seeing me in them. She lost weight and went from a size 8 to 7 and gave me the 8s. I am not out but it gave me a comfort level that I told my older sister my interests.

Lady
(@harriette)

@lisa55 By my quick calculation, about 1 in 5 wives don't know about our dressing.

I didn't know what to expect, really, but that's not too bad.

Lady
(@darbygirl)

Active Member     Massachusetts, United States of America

@lisa55 

Hi, You are very lucky. Mine found out about 10 yrs ago. I was terrified about landing in divorce court but agreed to go to a marriage counselor/therapist at first alone and then together. The psychologist surprised me after all was said and done, she explained to my wife that yes, I could get rid of everything but there is a "cause and effect" that will certainly happen if this takes place. She continued by saying that depression would definitely come into play and almost certain also rage might very well come about... ect ect.

I was sitting there with my mouth open but also could very well see these things as I studied Psychology in college. Yes, I am still married and celebrating 29 yrs with my wife but she still is not on board at all.

Such as life.

Lady
(@lisa55)

@darbygirl  I guess the fact that it is out in the open does help a you to keep calm, and she does have a better understanding of you. 

I know that if I have a few days of being drab due to yard work or needing to be out and about my wife will even say to me that I need to let Lisa out for a while. My wife knows how much better I will feel. She knows Lisa is calm collected and enjoys an evening with a bottle of wine, much unlike the other person! We are up to year 44 and our relationship has never been stronger.

(@kpl58)
Estimable Member     Virginia, United States of America

My wife knows about my crossdressing and accepts it within limits.  She has no objections to me wearing a bra around the house, for example, which is how I usually dress.

1 Reply
Lady
(@katiemoonie)

Eminent Member     Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America

@kpl58 I’m in a similar situation. She’s ok with me wearing a bra around the house, but it doesn’t go much further than that.

Lady
(@wendyswift)
Noble Member     Alberta, Canada

I introduced Wendy to my wife several years back, and it was the most nerve wracking admission in our relationship.  There was the usual questions like "are you gay ?", "did you want to fully transition ?" as answering yes to any of those questions would have had us both re-evaluate our relationship.  Short, I'm not gay and I have no intention of transitioning as long as we are together.

Fast forward to the current, and looking back I regret not introducing sooner as I had purged alot of good articles of women's clothing that I can never get back.

Thank goodness she was and is still supportive.  One big ask from her is that I keep Wendy in the house.   I have no issues with that because I feel it is a very small price to pay to be able to fully dress up as Wendy in front of her.

Since the introduction, she has purchased lots of goodies for Wendy during my birthday and christmas.

BTW, she was suspicious well before I introduced Wendy.  She mentioned after that she noticed some of her clothing were stretched out but didn't say anything.

2 Replies
Lady
(@lisa55)

@wendyswift very close to my relationship.

Lady
(@harriette)

Posted by: @wendyswift

BTW, she was suspicious well before I introduced Wendy.  She mentioned after that she noticed some of her clothing were stretched out but didn't say anything.

Oops! 🫣

It's the little things that we overlook that can give us away.

Baroness Annual
(@finallyfiona)
Noble Member     Bedfordshire, United Kingdom

A few little exchanges have come up in conversation with my OH that have touched on the subject so I wonder if she might have her suspicions ... but while I've not been dishonest, she's not asked directly so I've not said anything more.  I'm pretty sure from those exchanges what her position would be though, so really we're in DADT by default.  I do need and am planning to have The Talk later this year, if only to properly establish the DADT.  At least then when I eventually go out to makeovers or (hopefully!) CDH girly meetups, I can do it under the umbrella of DADT i.e. "you don't want to know", without having to invent some untruthful excuse.  Fiona may be the thing that eventually comes between us, but I'd rather she be the direct reason, than layers of lies and subterfuge in hiding her.

(@Anonymous 94771)

I haven't told her but I also purged all my things before she moved in and haven't dressed since. However I'm desperate to tell her and for it to go well but I can't shake the feeling that it will go poorly and that's why I haven't said anything! 

time is ticking though the more I put it off the more I think about dressing so it needs to happen. I'd appreciate anyone's advice who has told their partner on how they did it if it went well. 

3 Replies
Lady
(@lisa55)

@yasmina02 For years (44) I have been hiding away inside my male self from my wife. It does eat you up over time and takes a toll on you. It was a very slowly building depression. That was the only thing that she noticed, but with so many other issues happening over the last few years she wasn’t sure why I was depressed. I knew I needed to talk and get it out. I wasn’t sure how or when but I knew I had to wait for the right moment. This was the only thing I ever hid from my wife. When the right moment came I told her. Immediately she saw a new person in me, the weight of the world was gone. It was the best thing I could ever do for myself and her.
    But everyone’s talk is different and a woman’s reaction varies. Some are accepting while others are at the opposite end of the spectrum. You just need to find that right moment and hope for the best. 

as a side note, we are mid 60’s, kids and grandkids live states away. We live by ourselves. It was the right time for me. 

(@briannaleah)

Hi 771. The desire to go en femme never goes away. It may get swamped for a bit but believe me it will resurface with a vengance. I would tell her as it seems its a new relationship but it has already cost you a purge. We had one member of our CD club purge but our Den Mother kept his stash and 2 months later he was asking for it back. Just sayin'.

Lady
(@michellebb)

Estimable Member     Paradise Valley, Arizona, United States of America

@briannaleah there is no stopping once you realize this is me. I hate that most spouse’s don’t accept. This is me and I’ll never stop wife or no wife

(@elaines)
Reputable Member     Merseyside, United Kingdom

I selected "Other" as my SO (wife) found out after I blurted it out.  Extract from my profile:

Some years ago my wife returned from an evening out with her friends and kept asking what I had been doing all night, I said watching TV. But she kept asking as if she knew something (but she didn't), so eventually I blurted out "I dress up and enjoy the evening enfem". It took an age for the dust to die down, we all know the questions. But eventually I got my chances again and I dress infrequently by myself when my wife is out for the night, I have been able to remain dressed on her return and some night are good and some aren’t. She's aware I like to dress, but prefers not to encourage it.

Duchess Annual
(@isabella22)
Estimable Member     Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

My wife knows and accept me dressing in her presence. She has seen me fully dressed as Denise when I go out in public. She will participate in any topic of conversation I initiate but will rarely initiate a conversation. While she calls herself open minded, she is not ready to go out in public with Denise. 

Ambassador
(@melodeescarlet)
Noble Member     Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America

I told my GF of 9yrs, 9yrs ago. Although back then it was all intimates - no real clothes, or makeup or going out. When I reached that point a year+ ago, she was just like, "Sure great, want me to do your makeup?"

She goes out with me often and will be attending Keystone with me this year. 🙂

I'm very lucky!

(@laurynvalentine)
Trusted Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I talked about this with my wife about 5 years ago. She is very supportive in many ways and buys me girl presents from time to time. We are having lots of tentative and good discussions about Lauryn being out regularly in public and even the idea of transitioning though that would be unlikely but more and more possible. I do love that we can talked about it and she always asks me what I talk about in gender therapy. 

2 Replies
Baroness Annual
(@conniech)

Reputable Member     Fairfax , Virginia, United States of America

@laurynvalentine Now that is noteworthy: you two even talk about transitioning. May I ask where that possibility, that interest, is now? And how is your wife's reaction to you maybe transitioning to female?

(@laurynvalentine)

Trusted Member     Toronto, Ontario, Canada

@conniech I have often told my wife that if I were 20 or 30 I would be definitely having a different discussion about transitioning. I have expressed many times that were I younger that I would certainly fully transition. I did not have the insight nor understanding back then but after a lot of help and thought I am nearly certain that would be the case. During the past couple years of therapy I have been honest that I am learning more and more about my gender identity and with support of my wonderful therapist I have come to understanding that transitioning is what I wish to do and that I am certainly ready to begin that journey. I talked to her that this is where I am but at the same time we have a life that is pretty terrific and my transition would be very hard and would be a challenge to integrate into our life. She is understanding but feels very much the same way. I am trying to figure out where the balance lies. My desire to live as female and the life we have and the goals and dreams we share need to fit together as best they can. I am Lauryn now not the male me and I love that but I did live as male me for a long time and built relationships as that part of me. I need to respect that.

Lady
(@michaela2001)
Prominent Member     Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States of America

I was in a funny old situation, my wife liked us to dress alike, so jeans & red tee on her, was mirrored by jeans & red tee on me. She liked us to wear matching pj's in bed, so I got my femme fix there. Other than me wearing bikini panties and the same pj's, she wasn't open to me shopping for girls clothes. I tried to convince her that I wanted a denim skirt (after all, love, it's only a pair of shorts not sewn up the middle), but that didn't work. So, I voted "Other".

(@justnikki)
Honorable Member     Seattle, Washington, United States of America

My wife knows and is an enthusiastic supporter. She recognizes that it's an integral part of me, and she enjoys it. She is always up for going out shopping, for drinks, to the movies, and we have some supportive friends to visit that always welcome me en femme. She's bought me gifts ranging from skirts and shoes to breast forms. She tells me I'm pretty and loves that I am both husband and girlfriend. I don't take any of it for granted. We still have conversations about it but it's always from a place of wanting to understand my experience since I came out so late in life. I have literally never been happier in my life: no more depression, no more out of control anxiety, no more lingering self-doubt. I wish everyone had this kind of support from their SO; the world would be a happier place.

5 Replies
Lady
(@lisa55)

@justnikki reminds me of myself, coming out at 67! I have a great supportive wife as well.

Baroness Annual
(@conniech)

@justnikki She loves you being both husband and girlfriend. How special....I know you know ,just emphasizing the fact. Tell me, if you would, given how much you enjoy being Nikki, how do you contain /deal with any thoughts of someday being a full time CD?

(@justnikki)

Honorable Member     Seattle, Washington, United States of America

@conniech I think about it off and on, but full time isn't for me. While I want to express Nikki a lot more than I do now, male me is just as integral a part of me as anything and I don't think I'd be happy if I didn't express that part of me also. My understanding of myself is that I'm not a woman in a man's body so much as I'm man and woman that share this body, that's what being bigender means to me, and it feels the most true (after years of trying to figure myself out). As a practical matter, male me is the one with the career, and I won't come out at work for a host of reasons with the biggest being that I don't want it to be a distraction in my work (I work with teens; it's not about me). All that said, my wife and I were discussing it just the other day and she made it clear that she was ok with it if I wanted to dress fulltime. So, maybe not full time, but most-time seems to be where we're going...

Lady
(@lisa55)

@justnikki again Nikki, very close to my situation. Never thought of bi-gender though, interesting concept!

Much like you, work is not the right place to express myself, especially as my company has some high paying clients. No need for drama there. At home I can me, a different story. 

Baroness Annual
(@conniech)

@justnikki "Most time" CD. A balance for your career, the teens' feelings/needs, your wife's amazing support for you. 👏🏼💐Thank you much for your reply.

(@rebeccabaxter)
Prominent Member     Cornwall, United Kingdom

My wife helps me with makeup and tells me whether a dress or wig suits or not. She is quite happy for me to dress in the house, indeed, encourages it.

We have been out together and it was a succees from my point of view but she was apprehensive about other people. I went out on my own and she was ok with that. We do plan to go out after the kids have gone back to school after half-term (don't want to get into any awkward situations with a crowd of adolescents in a shopping centre) and we'll see how she feels then. I trust it won't be too much of a problem as we have already been perfume and jewellery shopping together and she has bought me clothes too. I think she will be quite happy to go out as 'girls' eventually but it must be a difficult thing to have to get used to.

If it turns out that she can't get used to it, I can still go out on my own without her being at all concerned,

2 Replies
Baroness Annual
(@conniech)

@rebeccabaxter Becca, such a gift, a gem, of a wife you have. I know that you know that😉. Hopefully , in time, she will feel okay if going out as two girls. Your sensitivity to her preferences and feelings are admirable. 💐

(@rebeccabaxter)

Prominent Member     Cornwall, United Kingdom

@conniech 

We are almost certainly going out together next week to a shopping centre in the nearby city; she is keen to see if she is alright with this. I've told her that she doesn't even need to walk with me if she feels apprehensive and that I'll be quite happy if she keeps her distance until she sees that indeed, no one will take much notice of me aside from a couple of second glances perhaps. We are ging to look a bit of an odd couple, there is no doubt about that, because even in lowish heels, I will be six feet tall and if she wears her highest heels (unlikely, she hardly ever wears heels) she will be only a little over five feet tall. We'll see, I've seen odder sights than she and I might be in the city.

Lady
(@bobbiann929)
Eminent Member     Ontario, Canada

I voted for "she knows but is not supportive", but it's more complicated.  I wasn't dressing since my youth prior to our relationship, but my female side was always in my head (I'm very much an introvert).  We had been dating for a couple of months, and my thought processes were causing performance issues, so I felt I had to tell her.  She was initially encouraging: she gave me some of her clothing that didn't fit her and bought me some items; she showed me how to put on makeup.  When I applied her lessons one day when we were both home, and I thought I looked pretty good, she was very uncomfortable.  With occasional exceptions, it shrank back to a DADT: she knew I dressed when home alone and usually let me know when she would be back; she didn't know that I often underdressed when going to work.  Last summer, she went away for a week; I shaved my body for the first time.  This made her very unhappy when she returned, as, not having seen me dressed in a while, she thought I had gone through that phase.  When I expressed a desire to go out in public (far from home), she was very much against it.  Then after a couple of days' thought, she agreed to let me go get a professional makeover.  The results were amazing!  I looked beautiful and passable.  When she saw the pictures, she agreed I could go out as I wouldn't be recognized.  But if family and friends found out I was a CD, our marriage would be over.  Although we did go out together for a Halloween event, and I went to work en femme on Halloween itself (and won the costume contest).  More details about those stories later, I promise, when I'm not working constantly!  So you see my wife is all over the map, and I don't blame her, but it does make the situation confusing.

3 Replies
(@charlottesometimes)

Estimable Member     Dayton, Ohio, United States of America

@bobbiann929 Yes, please do tell us about your experience at work en femme on Halloween.  I've been considering doing just the same thing.  My employer subsidizes transition so there's no worries crossing HR, but I'd very much like to know how your coworkers reacted.

Hostess
(@cdsue)

Noble Member     Delaware, United States of America

@bobbiann929 I can relate to your story - same start for me, performance issues, her asking if wearing pantyhose would help (something I tried adding to our intimate times earlier which she didn't like) and I said maybe and then mentioned panties, bra, etc. - she asked if I was gay or bi figuring that was the reason for the performance issues and desire to dress. Told her wasn't gay but wasn't sure about bi (had experiences in the past). We discussed it, sort of, and she said so long as it stayed in the house and she didn't see it it would be okay. She gave me some of her lingerie that she either didn't wer or didn't fit. At one point she thought I had stopped and found out I hadn't. When she asked I told her it helps me to relax. She then began to accept my dressing to a point. She has gotten to the point where we go for mani-pedi's together, I get color on my toes when it isn't sandal season, shave my legs during that time as well, get my ears pierced as a birthday present last year, there are times she will ask if I want a Suzanne day and I spend the day dressed with her, she helps me with make up and styling my wig. She has come a long way in her acceptance which I am happy about, don't know if I'll ever get to go out in public but can always hope.

XOXO
Suzanne

Lady
(@chan989)

Active Member     Toronto , Ontario, Canada

@bobbiann929 you are lucky to experience enfemme at work and events. Would you mind to mention good place for pro cd makeup in Ontario, Canada. Please dm me if you think it’s irrelevant to the topic here. Thank you

Lady
(@sashabennett)
Reputable Member     Wick, Caithness, United Kingdom

My SO is perfectly fine with me dressing how I want to. Even to the point of sharing clothes & making or buying items for me. She has never put any restrictions on what I want to dress like. If anything the restrictions are more from me than her! I've never felt the need to venture out en femme but I'm pretty sure that if I ever did she wouldn't have a problem with that either. I feel very blessed with my situation & am sad that others seem to have issues with this. It's a shame some women can't accept their partners for who they are.

Leah
Baroness
(@leah63)
Prominent Member     Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States of America

I chose "other" as my wife knows, has been very supportive, but has backed off. I can dress as I wish, but she does not like seeing me fully dressed up. she does not say much about my under-dressing but certainly hates when I have makeup residual under my eyes

Page 1 / 4
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?