Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi, I had an intake appointment for a series of laser treatment for my facial hair. They use Soprano lasers which are a lot more efficient than IPL. The operative said they could guarantee 75% – 95% reduction of growth with 6 – 8 appointments. Has anyone else had experience with a professional treatment? I’m more than tempted as treatment is for 80% covered by my health insurance, which in reality is less than a years supply of premium Gillette razors. I have never had the urge to have face fuzz ever in my life so it seems like a good idea.

Anonymous

Helene,

I think you’d need to ask exactly how they define the “Reduction of growth”, and what are the long term expectations.
      My laser treatments eliminated about 90% of the facial hair… for a while. 15 years later, I estimate that about 60% were gone for good, with 40% regrowing over time.
      I was about 40 when I had the treatments, so black hairs/follicles, where the effects would have been better.
      Now, that was long ago. Perhaps they have improved overtime. But will be best if they make crystal clear what you can expect.

To be honest I would be really happy with the result you achieved. I am 59 now. The full course of treatment would substantially reduce what I have now, I hate the blue haze and having to redo my makeup twice if I am away for a day. In Outside daylight its ok but inside I feel really conscious.

Hi Helene i havent had anything done but sounds intresting please let us know how it works for you ..

Stephanie

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Yes I would be interested to hear of others laser treatment experience. I am thinking of other areas (chest and belly and maybe arms).

. Cassie

I would love to have it done. I hate that I need to shave every day and being Italian/Latino, my facial hair is very dark and coarse which makes it worse. Please keep us informed on how it works for you honey

Roberta Broussard
        Duchess - Annual

With your darker hair, i would definitely look hard at Laser Hair treatment’s. I’m using electrolysis only because it’s my only choice due to having almost all grey and blond hair. It is not without plenty of discomfort.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I’ve been told that it has little effect on light colored hair, such as blond or grey. I really wanted to get away from shaving, so I started Electrolysis, on my face. It’s a long slow process but effective.  You just have to use a numbing cream to desensitize the area 30 min before a treatment.

I think its would have been much easier in the long run, to have gone the laser rout when younger.

Rochelle Mills
      Baroness

My facial hair removal has switched from laser to electrolysis.  Too many gray hair to deal with and sometimes it was hard to schedule laser treatments when my face hadn’t received much recent sun exposure.

I have been happy with the results of laser on the rest of my body, though.  Very little shaving to do besides my face…might be another year or so till I get to the finish line.  Good luck!

Hi thanks for the information. Is electrolysis as painful as many describe it to be and how long is it taking? I still have  60% dark hair but the rest will probably have to be zapped with a needle.

Rochelle Mills
          Baroness

Helen, unfortunately facial electrolysis is often quite uncomfortable.  A numbing gel is used around the mouth and this helps.  But sometimes it seems a bit like Russian roulette: some hairs come out easily with almost no sensation and others, yow!  It did help that she waxed my face before starting with the needle.  This meant that most of the hairs she was zapping were new “juicy” ones that tend to slide out more easily.  Not sure if this sounds all that encouraging, but after several treatments I no longer have the annoying and hard to shave hairs near my nostrils. I’ll take small victories moving toward the hair-free finish line…

Hi Helen, I’ve had about 6 laser treatments of my face, and it’s working well. Most of my dark hairs are gone, except for some small patches near the nostrils and just under my lips. I believe that with another 3 sessions basically all the dark hairs will be gone. What remains are some white hairs, but they grow slowly and are not the problem with makeup.

Congratulations, Sis.    Small world we live in.    Marg

Hi Helene,  You are lucky to have any payment assistance with beard removal.  Rochelle is so right about the pain.  Just like a bad horror film, those things just never die and keep coming back.  I never did laser but did do electro to remove spotty islands of  light hair especially around my lips.   I used to pre-pluck the hairs 3 weeks before the appointment so they were the fresh ones to get zapped.   I also took 2 Ibuprofin  a half hour before and then swabbed my face with  generic lidocaine sunburn lotion just before walking in.  If I didn’t have to drive an hour to and from the appointment I would have considered 3 shots of vodka in the parking lot instead.  I paid out of pocket at $70 and hour.  I still have to return for an small touch up now and then.  It’s usually just an hour of clean up.  It’s a commitment but I liked the results.  Now I only shave to catch any wild hairs just before I put makeup on otherwise my face is permanently very clean.  Hugs,  Marg

Hi Helen

I have done my whole body from head to toe, it has taken about four years of treatment, I have been lucky enough to get it all done for free as a Trainee model for Australian Skin Clinics If you are from Melbourne Australia email info@tsa.edu.au tere always looking for new models, you just need to be flexible with your time, and the young ladies that do the treatments are awesome

Paula XX

I live in the Netherlands so its a no go for me. Fabulous for you though. Thanks for the thought though.

Stacey
      Lady

I started having laser treatments on my face a little over a year ago. Six treatments so far. Summer months are a no-go for laser treatment if you’re in the Sun at all.  If you’re wondering if it hurts, yes. My mustache and around my chin is still dark but much thinner. I’ll probably need another six treatments before I have little to no 5:00 shadow. It makes it much easier to wear makeup and hide the blue cast after just six treatments. Did I say how much it hurts? It’s worth it. Afterwards I cut off a piece of my aloe plant and put it on my face. I have never had any red blotches from the laser using aloe. Makes a huge difference.

I had laser hair removal done about 12 years ago I only wished I would of done it sooner.

It sure makes a big difference in my appearance, but it is not cheap or pain free.

But I would certainly do it all over again I have to regrets.

Diane Benson
      Baroness

I had nose to toe laser hair removal years ago and would recommend it for anyone who is suitable. The treatments one my face were not as successful as elsewhere on my body for one simple reason – there were too many grey and white hairs in my beard when I started. I would say only a 50% success rate. I only wish I had started a few years earlier – I would have a smooth face now if I had. If you beard is made up of predominantly black or dark hair you are likely get good results but if the hair is fair or if it gas stared to go grey you won’t get the results you would like. Don’t forget that you will need to continue to shave or have electrolysis on any hair that the laser doesn’t remove successfully. Good luck! xxx

Jennifer Lang
      Duchess

Threw in the towel on shaving and just started facial hair removal. I’m well into the grey zone but still have a large amount of dark hair around my upper and lower lips. The clinician recommended laser for the small dark area and electrolysis for the mostly grey rest.

After just one session of laser and electrolysis couldn’t be happier. Laser gives fast results and really knocked out a lot of the stubborn beard shadow. Electrolysis lessened the density of the grey.

I  initially wanted to focus on the dense goatee and mustache areas that I mutilate shaving, but I can see doing a lot more. It’s really worth it if you can invest the time and money.

Laser is quicker but it only works on dark hair and my clinician said you have to be careful about sun exposure permanently. Sun is not an issue with electrolysis. I get a lot of sun so doing a small area of laser and electrolysis on the rest is great for me.

I used aloe lotion right after and didn’t have any pain or skin reaction. The pain during both treatments was tolerable. I did an hour of electrolysis with no problem.

I’d put hair removal high on the CD “wish I had done this sooner” list!

I have precisely the same situation. Its hard to find a place that does electrolysis here the area. Laser was reasonably cheap compared to 10 years ago. I need to lose those white hairs that show up after 5 hours through my makeup. Im looking forward to wearing less foundation. I am having my eyelids lifted which I get on my insurance the rest I have to pay for. I’m looking forward to not having droopy eyelids and stubble.

Jennifer Lang
          Duchess

Hi Helene, according to the clinician, electrolysis is the only option for the grey. It’s slower than laser and at first you are just thinning it out, but even after one session the area around my chin is a lot smoother after a shave.

There is a lot less beard shadow showing through in the upper lip area where they did laser. I have another electrolysis session in a couple weeks, I’ll update. Good luck!

Diane Benson
            Baroness

I am so pleased that you have already started to notice a difference with the electrolysis.  I am in the same boat as Helene in that thee are no places that do electrolysis near to me.  I wish I didn’t have to shave at all.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?