• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

OK, ladies, for all the newbies and the purgers who forgot what they were doing, here’s a spot to impart wisdom:

What would you put, knowing what you know now, in your personal cross dressing starter kit? Be as specific as you can (don’t need sizes but brands are good). You can only have 1 of each item:

Underwear

Lingerie

Shapewear

Hosiery

Dresses

Skirts

Blouses

Pants/jeans

Shoes

Toiletries

Skin care

Makeup

Miscellaneous (book, video, etc)

Have at it. Say as much or as little as you’d like! 😊

I’ll bite!

Underwear – multipack from any supermarket of cotton briefs. So many pretty colours and styles, from granny knickers to thongs – very comfortable and fit surprisingly well. The elastic tends to be good, so you can go down a couple of sizes to hold a gaffe in place, or up a couple of sizes for roominess (if you’re confident you won’t be showing your underwear! Roominess is underrated by those who don’t have lower back issues…

Lingerie – I guess this includes nighties, so again, something cotton, floral and sensible. That way you only need to wrap a cardy around your shoulders and step into some fluffy slippers if you’re staying in a hotel and need a late night or early morning vape and don’t want to set off the alarms. Plenty of women smoke or vape outside like this, and I do enjoy the chats! Also I can rarely be bothered to dress for breakfast (again, like many women) – and a sensible nightie/cardigan combo seems to be acceptable.

Shapewear – Marks and Spencer corselette. Gives a fab figure to those of us who don’t have one.

Hosiery – Supermarket tights always. Nude, tan or black.

Dresses – I couldn’t possibly choose one, but Skater or scuba style are great. Atmosphere (Primark) have a lovely range, very inexpensive. For a longer dress, you can’t go wrong with a Per Una (Marks and Spencer) tea dress.

Skirts – Again, so much choice! I’d recommend starting with something just below the knee in chiffon. Lovely, light swishiness, and modesty well preserved – but do watch it for sudden gusts of wind, especially at road junctions and open sea front.

Blouses – I’m not really a blouse wearer, except with a work skirt, but make sure it’s a big girl’s blouse and not one that gapes. Gaping, by which I mean the button pulling type, is not a good look. Choose a nice pattern, and check for sheerness. If you’re new to CDing, nothing detracts from the experience like the awareness that people may see your underwear. It may seem thrilling to think about, but the reality is different – you lose focus and become self conscious. At first… My preference, with a skirt, is for an Atmosphere stretch vest, with a nice stretchy jumper (sweater, for my American sisters!) over the top. And I do love cute cardigans.

Pants/jeans – Levi’s, one size down from your male size – and do tuck or wear a gaffe… I also love hareem pants and jumpsuits – although the latter are annoying when you need the little girl’s room.

Shoes – Heels. Strappy sandals or courts. No higher than 3″ – and be sure to get the size right, and do practice walking in them. Nothing says femme on your feet like heels. Very soon afterwards, get some flats too, as you probably won’t last all day in heels – but you will regret not having any!

Toiletries – moisturizing wipes.

Skin care – moisturiser.

Makeup – only one item? Can’t be done! Minimum foundation, mascara, lipstick and contour. Oh, and a decent set of brushes and sponges. Powder too… There you go – makeup, one (basic) set, although eyeshadow and liner, plus lip liner and blusher are must-haves too. In your one makeup bag…

Miscellaneous (book, video, etc) – David Walliams – The Boy in a Dress.

I’d include a handbag (small shoulder bag), necklace as a beginner item of jewellery (pretty, cheap ones can be found on Amazon), feminine sunglasses (And prescription glasses!), a feminine coat (I favour faux leather jackets), an umbrella (essential in England!), gloves, scarf, bobble hat – obviously, these are for going out, but the beginner needs this check list, IME!

Love Laura

Anonymous

Stephanie.

What Lovely Laura Lovett said…!!!!

( say as little as you like )….

Grace xx

Underwear – Secret Treasures Bikini pack from Walmart

Lingerie – Classic black garter, panty, bra set with opaque thigh highs

Shapewear – A tummy control body suit

Hosiery – A perfectly fitting set of leggings

Dresses – I would love a German Beer Girl dress!

Skirts – Pleated plaid naughty!

Blouses – part of my stealthy nature – a smart button business casual button up

Pants/jeans – another part of my stealthy nature – Old Navy kicker boot cut

Shoes – Beige Faux Suede Lace-Up Hiker Boots from Torrid they may be just stealthy enough to get by in public, but femme enough to enjoy

Toiletries –

Skin care – moisturizer body cream

Makeup – We’re still wearing masks at the moment so I would go with mascara

Miscellaneous (book, video, etc)

Krista
      Duchess

Ms. Laura Lovett has put together a very nice list. Thanks for your work on it, I’m sure it took some time.   I also tend to agree with our very own grumpy gurl, Ms Stephanie P who talks about the individuality of even our newbies.  There are some newbies who have the attitude “go big or go home” so they will want the size DD breast forms, the skimpiest, shortest skirts, etc.  On the other hand, there are some newbies who are on the shy side and want to go through this process very slowly in order to build confidence.  Here, I would suggest as starter items, clothing & footwear that is perhaps a bit more androgynous.  Maybe start with men’s skinny jeans and move over to women’s skinny jeans.  Find tops that are sexually ambiguous and look for hoodies, sweaters, etc with the zip on the left side (even though that is meaning less and less in fashion shops these days).  For footwear, there are flats that are femme but likely won’t raise anyone’s suspicion.  I started with female sneakers and female hiking boots; not too much of a difference except the label and maybe small touches of pink here and there.  For nail polish, start off with a clear color.  And I’ve always recommended starting with a bralette (back clasp or no back clasp is your choice) that can be easily hidden under drab clothes as a starter. Supermarkets, department stores, discount stores and thrift shops are a good place to start buying items.  And they don’t even blink if you are dressed in drab buying these items.  Or if you are feeling insecure about in-person shopping, shop at times like Valentine’s Day or Christmas.  You can go online but that’s not my preference; hard to really tell about quality.  My starting out big mistake was buying cheap crap but it did add to my learning experience. And it wasn’t an expensive lesson when you look at the big picture.  OK I’m starting to ramble a bit, thanks for the post.  Have a great weekend, Hugs, Krista.

Thank you, Krista!

TBH, it’s my essential kit, so probably took 5-10 minutes.

I type quickly, and rarely engage brain…

Love Laura

All good stuff ladies.  I’ll add perhaps the most essential.  Will save you lots of trouble and heartache.  Don’t leave home without it. Should be first on the list. Wish I had it way back when. More essential than Laura’s painkillers. Well maybe that last one is a stretch. But yeah, get yourself signed up on Crossdresser Heaven.

Best, Clara

Hi Stephanie

Love all the answers below.

Did anyone mention:

a bucketload of confidence,

a positive attitude,

nerves of steel,

a big smile,

self belief.

❤️Bianca

Anonymous

You did! Awesome! Thank you.

Anonymous

Laura….

10/10 for going for quality products…

grace x

Leonara
      Ambassador

Laura,
      Thank you for sharing your starter kit… I couldn’t have written it any better other than suggest Bali
      intimates, Hanes reflections pantyhose, and cover girl makeup… and of course cute strappy heels lol
      Be well and stay safe 😷

I guess my list wasn’t as comprehensive as I hoped!

Of course – bra, forms, wig… So many essentials!

Sometimes it’s hard to be a woman.

Love Laura

Mea culpa – definitely the Laura starter kit!

In my defence, we’re constrained to single items…

Happy because of the pain killers Laura.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?