- August 25, 2020 at 5:18 am #377474Amilia TannerParticipantRegistered On: August 23, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 10Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 44 times
Umm………you may have been asked this before. But i am suprisingly tall (6 feet 5 inches). I normally wear low heels like classic courts and ballet slippers. I’ve seen some cute heels and they are 6 inch. I’m debating on getting them, my main worry is I might look like a giant. Does anyone have advice on my concerns. Or is it advisable to just wear them at home?
- September 2, 2020 at 7:44 am #380054
- September 2, 2020 at 1:54 am #380011Donna StryfeParticipantRegistered On: September 1, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 3Has thanked: 19 timesBeen thanked: 25 times
- August 30, 2020 at 6:24 am #379228Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1276Has thanked: 870 timesBeen thanked: 2860 times
I say get the heels and enjoy them. At some point you may want to try wearing them out. If not just enjoy having and wearing them at home
- August 30, 2020 at 6:21 am #379227
- August 30, 2020 at 4:36 am #379158AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 32Has thanked: 14 timesBeen thanked: 117 times
- August 30, 2020 at 1:32 am #379133Laura LovettParticipantRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 311Has thanked: 852 timesBeen thanked: 1286 times
I am 6′ 4″, and love 3″ heels – I don’t usually go higher, but recently have been wearing trainers and flats more often.
The great thing about fashion is that you can do whatever you like – It’s all about your personal look.
Do you like the overall effect once you’ve finished dressing and makeup? Does it make you feel happy when you see your image?
That’s the gold standard.
As others have said, mind doorways!
- August 29, 2020 at 10:24 pm #379094Emily AltParticipantRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 255Has thanked: 222 timesBeen thanked: 1010 times
The way I see it any woman close to 6′ tall is going to attract attention. What difference does a few inches make? If she’s confident in heels more power to her. Plenty of tall women do it every day. Lack of confidence is obvious regardless of height. It’ll bring the kind of attention nobody wants.
- August 27, 2020 at 1:47 am #378177Simone CParticipantRegistered On: January 23, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 113Has thanked: 45 timesBeen thanked: 323 times
Choices, choices. I find the advantage of high heels are they slim the legs and move the hips forward. Downsize as you say is low bridges. I try to stick to very low heels (I’m 6’3″) for the same reason as you, though I do have one pair of 4″ for with my LBN (Little Black Number).
And as Jenny said, there are various tricks to reduce height like colours and patterns. If you look on YouTube there are a series of clips by a French woman, Justine Leconte, with all kinds of tips on dressing for body type and shape. Worth a watch!
- August 26, 2020 at 4:00 pm #378037AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 182Has thanked: 1493 timesBeen thanked: 622 times
- August 26, 2020 at 7:56 am #377891Bianca EverdeneParticipantRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 13Replies: 472Has thanked: 1428 timesBeen thanked: 1467 times
- August 26, 2020 at 7:18 am #377863Debbie JParticipantRegistered On: April 24, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 47Has thanked: 96 timesBeen thanked: 224 times
- August 26, 2020 at 5:51 am #377839Carla JonesParticipantRegistered On: May 14, 2017Topics: 4Replies: 258Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 892 times
I’m 6 foot and I don’t care if I look taller. When I wear heels I usually wear 3 inch block heels. I also have some Espadrille platform shoes that add a couple of inches and some wedges but they are so much fun to wear and look great with so many clothes. I have as much right to wear them as any other girl no matter my height…and if you look around you will see women that are tall all the time.
- August 25, 2020 at 7:12 am #377514
- August 25, 2020 at 7:07 am #377513Jenny JonesParticipantRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 82Has thanked: 90 timesBeen thanked: 279 times
So I am six feet (okay, 5′ 11″ and 7/8ths), I play around with heels, but I don’t wear them that much due to the extra height really messing with the image. Height makes you stand out, sure, but there are some tips (borrowed from several sites):
- Full and wide skirts. Increasing the width makes the height less noticeable, flared skirts and dresses help
- Break up the colors. A long strip of color from top to bottom is easy to make it look taller, breaking it up with a different colored top, a sharp contrasting belt, breaks visual continuity and makes it look more like two different shorter objects rather than one long one.
- Don’t Slouch. Slouching makes you look shorter, but it also makes it obvious you are hiding your height. Kind of standing out by trying to hide.
It is important to note the tallest woman in the world is recorded at 7’7″ and several famous movie actresses are over 6′.
- August 25, 2020 at 6:38 am #377494Amilia TannerParticipantRegistered On: August 23, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 10Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 44 times
All my shoes are low heels same as you 2″ or lower. As for ceilings mine are low too so could look at lumps and bumps on my head ^_^
1 user thanked author for this post.
- August 25, 2020 at 6:21 am #377485michaela janeParticipantRegistered On: December 9, 2016Topics: 20Replies: 188Has thanked: 167 timesBeen thanked: 308 times
Amilia, I am 6’3″ myself and understand your problem. I keep my heels, and I have only one pair, no higher than 2″. At my age I would probably topple on anything higher. It may not be a problem in your neck of the woods, but in my house, the ceiling fans are a limiting factor on heel height. 😉
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.