Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi picking up a theme I saw in another thread. It’s seems a few of us gals haves some dancing experience. I personally love to Salsa, I like to lead so my male side enjoys this. I know a little bachata, but don’t love it. I’d love to learn kizonba, but with covid that’s not gonna happen for while. I have a couple of questions.

1. What dancing experience do you have?
      2. Do you prefer the male or female side if it’s a partnered dance?

Zero…

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

I dance Argentine Tango with my partner and we both dance both sides … its really fun and good exercise too !

hugs Dawn x

I can dance well enough in male mode to not look silly, been thinking about dancing in female mode for fun and exercise at home.

No dance in the world is more passionate than the Tango, but perhaps having been born in Argentina I’m a bit biased.

Jeez, as a clumsy, rhythm impaired doofus on the dance floor, I was always envious of the guys who could move like Fred Astaire. They always got the girls and had way more fun. Now you tell me I also have to be jealous of the beautiful ladies of CDH who can swish and glide across the floor? And do it equally elegantly from either side? Criminy. I can’t keep up!

<3. Flat Footed Clara

Hi Clara,

I have dyslexia (think that’s how it’s spelt) and dyspraxia so my hand eye and foot coordination aren’t the best. I have felt jealous of guys and gals like that too. Practice makes perfect though and even then just have fun with it.

Love Tish

The last time I tried to dance…. around 1989, I think they were about to call the paramedics for the guy they thought was having seizures on the dance floor. I am probably the last person qualified to answer this question.

Elaine
      Duchess

I learned to dance after I divorced cause – a man who dances has his choice of romances. The very first thing I said the lady who is now my wife ‘would you like to dance?’ We can dance to all the mainstream ballroom stuff but prefer two step. Hardest to learn for us has been argentine tango.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

It used to infuriate my ex that above the waist, I am a respectable guitarist,(mostly rhythm, fingers too short for lead!).

Below the waist I have two left feet and cant dance for beans!! At least the “holding” steps. Rock and Roll and the twist, (showing my age).. no probs..

Caty

Kathleen
      Duchess

You don’t have to try that hard to be on the dance floor. Just just sway back and forth from foot to foot  in semi time to the music. You will be instantly identified as a brilliant minimalistic dancer. As always we crossdressers way overthink everything-I know I do!

Anonymous

My wife and I were going to take up ballroom, Latin lessons before c19 struck. It is going to be a next thing to do together, inspired of course by Strictly. I love dancing, though I do have to have a few glasses of wine to get me on the dance floor but once I am there, can’t get me off. I am definitely male when dancing x

Hi Charlotte, I went to one class with my friend. Changed my availability at work the next day. It was the thickest mist to hit me until it turned pink.

Love Trish Ps I can’t dance very well but still love it. Just go for it. There’s lodes of totorials in you tube.

Love Tish

I have no dance class experience but absolutely love it. Any wedding dance floor has my name all over it haha. Sober or drunk, I don’t care. I lean male when I dance but some of the most fun I’ve had dancing is when it is in a more feminine way. Covid has really put a damper on dance… I guess that’s what a kitchen and living room are for now.

Hi Honey, as long as you are having fun that’s all that matters. I often sing and dance at work, on the kitchen. I sure people have noticed I dance in a more fem style but I’ve given up caring. Planning in being out at work soon anyway.

Love Tish

My SO and I both loved to dance, when she was able, I would need a drink or 2, but then we never left the dance floor, we went out every weekend, for years.
      Sadly, we avent been able since the 90’s but I think that is what I miss the most.
      Regi.

Hi Regina, I usually need a bit of Dutch courage too. Sad to hear that your wife is unable to dance now. I hope everything she is ok. I’ve missed dancing soo much too. Went every week before Covid, haven’t don’t it properly since. canceled a dance routine I was putting together. Wishing you well.

Love Trish

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?