Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello GGs,

I want a real woman’s opinion. A few days ago, I ordered some nice sky blue slip on shoes. Knowing you should add a size when converting male to female, I changed my 10.5W to a 12. the shoes arrived, but they’re about two inches too long. I could stick three fingers behind my heel.

So, in my first outside trip as Samantha, I wore my black men’s lace shoes. I wore a casual white dress sprinkled with simple designs. No socks. Actually, no one seemed to react. I wore Jecca Blac makeup and a nice hair wig in a bob style. Small necklace and bracelet. Anyway, I think I looked quite passable. One older guy in the park called to me.

So, I bought black women’s athletic shoes the next day. My plan had been to get another pair of slip ons.

Would black athletic shoes have gone with the white dress? How do you coordinate with shoes?

Thank you for your help. This time, I went into a DSW and purchased a pair of Addidas white Cloudcomfort in size 11. Nice fit! I didn’t want to risk another size mishap.

Anonymous

How was your experience at DSW?

I went in as a man and glanced at the young guy on the other side of the counter. The shoes were clearly organized by size. Nice. I went to the counter with a question about verifying whether a particular pair were women’s. Nothing on the box or shoes defined it. A nice lady service person pointed to the female outlined figure on the box. I joked about not having noticed. She passed me to the young guy from earlier. Smooth purchase.

Anonymous

It’s best to try on shoes before buying, but most of you gals can’t do that. Just like clothing, some brands of the same size fit differently.

With a light colored dress, dark shoes are a no-no. White or pastel tennies or deck shoes go with most outfits. If possible, try to match shoes with an outfit’s details, not the main color. Your white dress has patterns that will accented with matching shoes. Then earrings and a bracelet of close to the same colors.

Eileen

Hi there!  Eileen is completely on point with everything she said above.  And I agree it’s so very difficult to purchase shoes without trying them on.  As a “total shoe girl” -(I may actually need an intervention, owning over 200 pairs of shoes myself – lol) … I would suggest investing in a pair of flats or low heels 👠 if that’s what you would like to start with – in a neutral tan or beige color.  This color choice is good for any season (I know it’s old school … but I still try to avoid white in the off season; after Labor Day -being fall and winter).  Mostly dresses are worn with flats, sandals or heels, boots in the fall and winter …  not running shoes.  Unless you are the corporate type running errands at lunch downtown in your business attire.  Just to change out of the sneakers or running shoes when you returned to your desk or office.  One good pair of tan flats and black flats should do well.  Tan for lighter colored dresses and skirts, black for darker colors.  And pull it together with a matching handbag to go with your shoes … finish with accessories.  I always try to match shoes with the bag.  Hope this helps.  And kudos to you for taking that first leap by getting out there!  Best of luck!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Dear Genetic Girls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?