• This topic has 28 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

About a year and a half ago on a trip with my SO, I discovered that I had forgotten to pack my deodorant (quite unintentionally, I might add).  So my wife suggested I try her powder scented “women’s” brand.  She liked the way it smelled on me, so I got the “all okay”.  No big deal, right?

Wrong.  Maybe not so much to her.  But to me, it was another, albeit almost insignificant, part of my feminization.  See, I had been using hers in lieu of my own “sporty” or “fresh” or “whatever” men’s deodorant in clandestine crossdressing opportunities for a while.

After the trip, the next time I needed to purchase deodorant, I went with Secret Powder Fresh scented deodorant instead of some men’s scent that just smells like a bunch of chemicals created in a lab, and have made it my everyday product.

She obviously smells it on me in bed at night, but has never mentioned it.  So she, unknowingly, granted me a tiny daily way to express my femininity. And I do so with her not realizing the implications.

Or maybe she does.

As we all know the sense of smell can create some of the most powerful emotions.  And for some reason, powder scents create an intense feeling of femininity in me.

So here’s the question:  Have any of you, who are still hidden from your SO, considered this little bit of expression?

What are your thoughts?

Anonymous
      Lady

Good for you Raquel. I love Secret Powder Fresh and use it often but not every day. The scent smells so feminine to me. Its not as strong as using perfume but just a subtle hint of female.

Anonymous

I wonder if the association of powder with femininity is learned.  I suspect it is.

Hi Raquel I have been using Degee dryspray Sheer Powder. It has a small hint of feminine. I use most times and also keep my under arms hair free.

Anonymous

I know!  That scent just evokes a certain feeling.  I also shave (a recent development).  It just looks so much better.

Raise you hand ✋, if you do, too.

I use Secret also
      I doubt you can smell it over my White Diamonds though..

Anonymous

Can’t get away with perfume…. yet. 😁

Requal cannot get by without her Dove.  Have been using it for years with my wife’s knowledge.   It has always had the feminine feeling.

Anonymous

My wife uses Dove. I like the way it smells, too.   I’ll bet it smells nice on you, Requal.

Barb Wire
      Lady

I use Secret. I like the smell. Not sure the type, but it’s got a strawberry on the label. I guess I still shop like a guy – just grab whatever, especially in the boring grocery store.

My SO has said nothing about my Secret ,)

I once forgot to remove my noticeably thick mascara and my SO said nothing. In fact, no one at the grocery store said anything either.

Barb :B

Hi, Raquel…!

I also switched from using ‘Speed Stick’, ‘Right Guard’, and other men’s deodorants recently. For ME, it was by choice, and from a surprising choice!

It might sound odd, but I was out of nostalgia watching an episode of “Bosom Buddies” on either MeTV, or Antenna TV – one of the ‘old-school networks’ (which I happen to ADORE). In that episode, the two guys pretending to be girls visited a guy who couldn’t SEE in the hospital. He said he knew who they really were, and when they asked HOW, he replied “Women don’t bathe with Irish Spring”.  THAT got me to realize some truths.

First, we DON’T. So I seriously started looking into replacing not just soap, but ANY grooming products with feminine ones instead of those geared toward men. I bought feminine shave creams (shea butter is incredible), skin lotions that my gg’s love, skin conditioners that aren’t alcohol based.

I found that using shea butter shave cream on my face makes shaving SOOO much easier – SO much softer, and gives my face the closest shave EVER! If you haven’t tried this, girls – PLEASE DO! It’s nothing short of AMAZING! Throw OUT your ‘Barbasol’ and pick up a feminine shave cream!

However – DON’T use a fem razor on your face, or a MEN’S razor on your legs! Razors these days are definitely designed for certain ‘areas’. USE them for those areas!

Anyways, thank you Raquel – hope I could pass on some personal hints!

Hugs, GF!

Valerie!

Anonymous

Hi Valerie.

I also use a Dove body wash. The one my wife uses has a very delicate scent. Not flowery or fruity, but definitely not masculine.

I explained that my old products dried my skin and the moisturizers in the Dove didn’t.

she was okay with that reasoning.

Anonymous

Will give the Shea butter a try, thanks for the suggestion!

It’s  kind  funny  years  ago  when  had more  hair after  taking  a shower  I would  spray  a little  perfume  in my  hair  and use some  type of  feminine  body  spray

Secret powder fresh and shaved underarms for this lady. No problems from my wife. Have considered using a more floral scent in the future. Use a lady’s deodorant because for whatever reason men’s deodorant cause skin rash for me. However using Secret does add a touch of calm to my spirit while I get ready in drab. Oh and I usually spritz on a bit of Burberry Weekend perfume. Throughout the day when I get a waft of the scent I feel a bit of feminine energy that calms my in my man role.

Anonymous

Ha ha. Perfume would be a no go for me.

Raquel, I understand. I have no doubt my wife has noticed the scent at times. Yet she has been kind about it by not making it an issue. We have talked quite honestly about my feminine nature, about my desire to be a woman. In the past I could give much more expression to my femme self then I do now. However, I noticed, though she never voiced it, that she was uncomfortable with such expression. Eventually I told her I would stop, she thanked me, and was much more relaxed around our home.       Perhaps she catches the presence of the scent, but accepts it since she knows how deeply feminine I am in heart. I am very thankful even for that much understanding. I believe with that base, as she considers me and my needs, if I continue in patience, a more full expression of my whole person will become mine to enjoy.

Blessings.

Charlene

Anonymous

Hmm

I’m not sure mine would even notice. Not the most perceptive of women, my Missus.

I do love that powdery smell, though, so I know what you mean. I have a top of hers that I rescued from the recycling that seems infused with that smell. Sometimes I slip it on just for the scent.

Sad, eh?

Connie

xxx

I had been using Degree invisible spray, it leaves no residue on tops and dresses. But i recently discovered Dove rose petal scented and I love it.

Hi Raquel,

That was one of my first feminine moves to go to secret antiperspirant deodorant .

although my 56 year old body seems to really sweat more under there now days.

Maybe becoming a member of hug will help.Hmmmm

Huggs Patty

Anonymous

Surprisingly, it works just as well as an antiperspirant for me as my former product.

Anonymous

I use a natural soap, the soaps like Zest and Irish spring are really detergent bars, and give me and the wife skin issues, most likely from the added chemicals, but who knows? It does have a nice smell, not really floral, not the chemical smell. Somewhat fresh but gender neutral.
      I recently took the step of shaving my underarms, and I love feeling more feminine from it. Can’t switch deodorants just yet, have too much on hand, but the Mitchum clear I currently use was originally marketed to women, so it’s not too masculine smelling, and won’t stain clothes. I do plan to buy something more feminine next time, glad to have found this thread.

Anonymous

Fresh or neutral are good, but powdery whispers “girly” to me, every time I get a whiff.

I have been using Secret Aluminum-Free deodorant for over a year now. The scent is RoseWater, and very subtle and light. Of course, right after I started using it, they stopped making it. The aluminum-free scents they offer now are a bit stronger. I also have the Cotton scent. Additionally, I keep my underarms shaved, as hair likes to hold on to odors, and I stay fresher longer with hairless underarms. Join the HUG today! Hairless Underarm Group.

Alana

Anonymous

Nice smelling hugs to you, too, Bobbiesue!

🤗

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Alana. HUG member. (Michelle raises her hand exposing a hairless armpit.)

Anonymous

I just recently became a member of HUG, too.  If she asks, it was because I had a skin tag removed by my dermatologist and it was to promote healing without all that hair getting in the way.

Of course that was several months ago.  Don’t know how I’ll rationalize continuing.

😁

I’ve been shaving my underarms for about 25 years.  Mostly because I was unable to eliminate odor even immediately after a shower.  I would shampoo it twice, then wash it twice, but as soon as I came out of the shower (even before dried) the odor was still there. When I thought about what was different, the only conclusion was the armpit hair.  When I shaved it off, the odor went away too.  So I have been hairless in the armpits for hygienic reasons ever since.

I’m a HUG member – makes life just a little nicer! 🙂

Valerie

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?