Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I’m sorry members, but it seems subtlety doesn’t work, nor does making reference to the rules.

So, to make it clear to everyone
      Do not post links to external websites in CDH forums or chat.

If you do, at best the post will be edited to remove the link. At worst the whole post will be deleted. Repeated incidences will call your membership into question.

Also, do not post personal contact details in any public post. That includes forum posts because they are visible to non-members.

If you have any doubts about what can and can’t be posted, read the posts pinned to the top of the forum post listing. They contain all you need to know.

Hi Jane……….Lady Veronica here.  If you send a private message with web-site, minus the www. will that be a problem? I posted and awful photo of me as a test to the photos section and that wound up on the internet!  Was that just a fluke or is that a possible happenstance? I have received no correspondence from it and it doesn’t affect me at all but just asking and some of the girls have asked me about this. Please let me know when you get a minute, no rush.  PS.  Happy Thanksgiving Day.

At your service, as always….

Lady Veronica

Anonymous

Lady V, the ban on external web links is more a cyber security measure than anything else. In the past we have had links with embedded malware posted in the forums. They have been posted by members who joined, posted the message and then left the site. Although significant security upgrades have occurred on the site we must remain vigilant to keep the site and members safe. That’s the same reason why links in chat are also not allowed.

Many of our members remain hidden or secretive and there are always people (trolls) who seek to exploit or expose others for their own malicious pleasure. That’s why we don’t allow the posting of personal contact details in any of the publicly-visible areas like the forums or photo comments. Private messages are communications between individuals, not visible to anyone else so exchanging personal details in those messages is okay.

Finally, any photo posted on the public page, whether experimentally or intentionally, becomes public. Anyone can see those photos by visiting the site. As we know, images can be copied from the internet and that includes those posted on CDH.

A good ‘rule of thumb’ is that if you would not be comfortable with all of your family and friends seeing the photo then don’t post it on the public page. That’s why members have private photo pages. These are only visible to other CDH members.

I understand that posting links gives people a shortcut to a web location but that is always going to be open to abuse, just as your email is when those spam messages come in. If people want to tell others about a particular item, describe the site and the item and have them do a search for it themselves. That way they are protected by their own security settings.

We don’t want to make life difficult, we want to help stop it becoming difficult through someone else’s malicious intent.

Christy
      Lady

Actually, assume ANYTHING here and anywhere else on the internet is or will be publically accessible.

I’m not even sure about my local computer since it IS a node on the Internet. Even the NSA gets hacked.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?