Viewing 34 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I definitely Do! That’s why I never consider myself trans, or even think of Transitioning. For 20 years I worked as a costumed 19th Century Historical interpreter at our 19 century restored village in upstart NY, largest in the state and third largest after Williamsburg Va. and Greenfield Village. I dressed as a printer circa 1850 and I just loved wearing the historic clothing of yesteryear. White baggy shirt , canvas high ruse trousers, suspenders, vest, frock coat and top hat, Made me feel like a million bucks💵. Also,  enjoy doing gritty outdoor yard puttering, and basement workshop chores as a guy,Any others feel the same ?

I enjoy it when I can get spiffed up a bit. There is something about the feel of wearing a good suit that gives a certain amount of pleasure. Ok, so my boxers are nylon and I wear suspenders that remind me of wearing a bra, but it’s nice to look good whatever I am wearing. XO – Julia

No!!! I never have, and I’ve never even remotely enjoyed wearing male clothing. I knew when I was three/four years old that I was supposed to be a girl. I am transgender, a trans woman, and I have transitioned to live as the person I know I was born as, and now legally a female.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren Miller

Erika Henderson
      Duchess - Annual

Not really. All my life, I thought men’s clothing was very boring, not much variety. I always found women had so many other options for how they dress and what looks great!

In general, I would say that I prefer feminine attire over masculine attire.  However, that is a qualified statement.

For casual wear, I find feminine attire more attractive, and available in greater options of style and color.  I have also found that women’s jeans and shorts basically fit me better than the men’s jeans and shorts.

For more formal wear, I cannot say that I prefer feminine attire over masculine attire or vice verse.  I have had limited opportunity to dress to the nines femininely, but one those few occassions, I love how wearing an elegant dress and heels makes me feel.  Yet, I absolutely love how I look in formal masculine attire (suit and tie) especially with my beautiful wife on my arm.  I would not trade those moments for anything.  I also cannot describe the look of adoration that my wife gives me when I am dressed to the nines as her husband.

So in conclusion, I simply prefer to wear the clothes (both feminine and masculine) that are most me for the moment.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Anonymous
      Lady

I do prefer wearing male clothing when doing rough work in the yard or doing some project but always under dressed with panties and most times with a bra. Wife says I look great in a suit but I hate suits.

Hi I dress mostly as  a guy jogging pants tee shirt  sport shirts slacks I always wear satin panties I even wear knee highs when I can get away with it  my underwear drawer is 80 percent female no under shirts only time I wear male underwear is when I go to a doctor appointment or the gym I always feel fem when I dress and dressing  In underwear only I know

jennifer

I think there’s very little that a determined ‘male’ (or ‘female’) can’t do that the opposite sex can. For sure, size and strength matter in events like Ironman races, and no genetic woman is ever going to beat the top male finisher’s time. But that doesn’t mean she can’t beat most of the men, and in some sports, females achieve truly outstanding results.

Think Lynn Hill. Not only is she “legendary”. She’s a gracious, generous human being who’s fun to climb with, as my nephew reports. So, rather than “enjoying being a male”, I’m just thankful to be alive,  and I try to make good use of whatever the gods of genetic randomness gifted (or cursed me) with.

As for ‘male’ vs ‘female’ clothing, that’s a whole ‘nother matter, and now that I’m getting pretty serious about this cross-dressing stuff, I can’t believe how sexualized women’s clothing is.

Take a simple thing like a tee shirt and its neckline. Why are women’s tee shirts so often shaped to show cleavage? Same-same with pants. They aren’t just tailored to accommodate the typical differences between male and female bodies. They’re often tailored to suggest sexual availability.

Frankly, I’m horrified. Hence, my preference for the ‘tomboy’ look that emphasizes ‘comfort’ and ‘practicality’ (and de-emphasizes ‘sexuality’). Besides, can the trout really tell whether you’re wearing waders and boots meant for women versus men? Or does wearing a bra or not mean you can you can lay out another 10′ or 20′ feet of fly line to reach that rising fish?

J J
      Lady

Generally speaking, I can’t say I enjoy male clothing, other then the occasional suit (with bra, panties, garters and stockings underneath. Male attire is generally functional, while female clothing is meant to be more visually appealing. One can say it sexualizes women, but what it is meant to do is show off and emphasise the female form. Women have plenty of non-enhancing options, but most prefer the showy things, hence the low neck line tees. It is why many of use wear it. Face it, if we had boobs and could show them off we would, and do.

As for period clothing, yeah that sounds fun, but so does wearing a Victorian dress with lots of lace and ruffles.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Having lived a life in mostly male mode there are occasions where I will wear casual garb to follow pursuits I have enjoyed all my life. I am not upset as that’s the way it goes there are vestiges of me that I cannot give up. I do not feel any different and it fits nicely with my lifestyle.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Can’t say I do.  Male clothing feels like a disguise.

I have no problem at all with wearing male attire outside of my home and at work, as I’m a private dresser and have plenty of opportunities to wear what I like indoors. The masculine part of my wardrobe also works out a lot cheaper too.  Drab me is all t-shirts, jeans, and boots, while Amy wants whatever new dress or lingerie set she sees online! It’s a pity there’s only one credit card for the both of us. x

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

I have no problem wearing male clothing, and I do not deny being a male.

That being said, like so many of us, I do crave my time taking on the female gender and wearing female clothing and playing the female role.  I greatly enjoy being a girl!

My lifelong pattern has always been consistent.  I prefer female clothing to male clothing, but I also know when I need a break from wearing female clothing.  After wearing female clothing for a set period (one or more days) I need to get back into male clothing, but as soon as I do, I begin thinking about my next female outfit and how soon can I get into it!  Once I am in female clothing, things feel “normal.”

I love my female clothing!  Whereas, I view my male clothing as just a few necessary items that I must keep in the home for required situations.

Since coming out as a cross dresser my underwear drawer is now void of male underwear. One side is for my different styles and colored panties and the other side for my growing inventory of colored bras.
      I am completely comfortable dressing as a male when I have to but if there is a chance I might have to remove my clothes ie: Doctors then I wear black or white cotton panties.
      When I am in the privacy of my house probably 60/40 female and at times much higher percentage. I feel much more comfortable dressed female because it makes me feel that more at ease as female.
      I will always be male and no way Trans as it is too late in life. 50 years younger now might have been a different story because of the changing outlook on life styles now.

Sara

Mary Priscilla
      Duchess - Annual

A look through my “male” clothing closet will attest to the fact that I have zero interest in male fashion. Remarkably, I am so very focused on women’s clothing what I have liked for as long as I have been a CD and, more recently, what I would love to try that is more adventurous in terms of style and/or color. This is why my first stop after signing into CD Heaven is to look at the featured protos for the day and what my sisters are wearing.

I dont “enjoy” male clothing at all.
      I find male underwear disgusting.
      However I hold a high profile position socially and I volunteer work with various charities and one very good youth group, so I will always keep some male items so I can present well.

Typically I wear female clothing, women’s jeans, blouses that pass as unisex (but buttoned on the female side, women’s boots, women’s socks or tights etc.

Male clothing is something I tolerate when I absolutely must.
      On those occasions I tear it off of my body seconds after returning home.

I would preferably wear womens clothing. I only have 3 pairs of mens jeans the rest are womens. I wear strictly panties it doesnt matter if my doctor sees them. I will only dress as a man for work and important functions and i will get back to female as soon as possible.

Anonymous

I enjoy being me, regardless of how I may be presenting (as a man or a woman)
      I don’t “enjoy” wearing men’s clothes particularly, but then again, I’m very comfortable wearing them.
      What I don’t do is mixing women’s and men’s clothes.
      I know that is uncommon, but for me and me alone, the idea or wearing lingerie under men’s clothes is as appealing as wearing boxers under a formal gown. Just not my thing. And to each his/her own, right?

At the end of the day who we are is not determined by our underwear. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Nope. To be honest I don’t enjoy male clothing. I don’t have any male underwear and I wear women’s clothes as much as I can.

With that said I was born a guy and I am too old to transition so my dirt nap will be in a suit.

Susan

Hi Susan
        And my sentiments exactly. If I was 50 years younger today I am sure things would be a lot different with maybe a trip to Thailand (Wink wink)
        I have thrown out all my male underwear to make room for my assortment of colors and styles of panties on one side and bras on the other and socks and pantyhose in the middle. My skirts dresses and tops have the side of the closet that used to be my ex wife’s
        When in the privacy of my my home there is only a woman living here.
        Sara

I find no “joy” in male clothing, or being dressed in male clothes. I have two pair of male jeans, some male T-shirts, jogging shorts, some flannel shirts for the winter months, male jockey shorts and undershirts, and one pair of jogging shoes – all for going out in public, family gatherings, and for doctor’s appointments, etc. I’m a very closeted crossdresser and would never go out in public alone and en femme. So, my male wardrobe consists of just enough to get by in my humdrum male life.

However, I find great joy in dressing in femme mode, and my female wardrobe is far in excess of my male clothes (as seems to be the case with most of us gals here on CDH). It occurred to me the other day that, were I to be invited to some dressy event, such as a play, a ballet, opera or concert – I have nothing to wear! Unless, of course, I went dressed femme. I have two formal gowns, three pair of comfortable heels, skirts, tops and dresses, makeup, wigs, and jewelry, all suitable for almost any type of public social occasion.

Dressing in male clothes? Harrumph! Where’s the joy in that?

ChloeC
      Duchess

Hi Meghan, well, I can’t say I enjoy male clothing.  I certainly have little desire to go out looking for any men’s clothing items to purchase (unless I absolutely need it). Usually my spouse drags me out and wants me to buy a shirt or slacks or something.  I have little interest.  I mostly dress in decent things as she wants me when out and about to look good.  I’m personally not as picky.  And there are a number of men’s items and styles that I absolutely detest, boxers being one of them, along with sleeveless undershirts, baggy pants, all to me – yuch!

Now I do immensely enjoy being able to dress in female attire, certainly a whole lot more than male attire. I definitely feel more comfortable, more relaxed, calmer. I mean, I really enjoy being able to dress, and then when dresses, it’s like I’m hardly paying attention to what I’m wearing as it just feels right.  When I wear male clothing, I tend to always feel it on me which always makes me maybe a little tense or uncomfortable.

Hugs, ChloëC

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

I enjoy living my male life. It’s pretty good. I like my comfortable male work clothes for doing work around the house, and yard. Although I do prefer panties underneath.

As a private dresser, I do wish I could dress fully as a woman more often, but I think given the chance I would probably not wear them more than half the time.
      I definitely would not want to get my pretty feminine clothes dirty, greasy, or torn working in the yard or garage.

Maybe I should start doing more household chores. I wonder if my wife would let me wear a french maid’s outfit.

💕Lara

jennifer
      Lady

No i have all woman clothes and put them on every day even bras

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

The only positive moments that I have as a male is in the company of family and friends. Other than that, my dressing in male clothes is strictly utilitarian. I have what I call yard work clothes that I don’t care how tattered they get. For work around the house. I don’t dress outwardly around the house anyway but I certainly do underdress every day.

Other than the smiles that I get from family, when they see me. I wouldn’t have much use for my male clothes at all. So, I guess I keep my male clothes just because it keeps them all happy and comfortable.

Teri Ray
      Lady

I do enjoy being able to dress enfemme and enjoy the feelings it gives me.  Having said that I have no desire to be enfemme all the time.  So my answer may be a bit different as I see myself as just a happy person who is male and enjoys presenting and feeling female when I can.  I absolutely enjoy being Teri and all the joy and happiness it gives me.  When I return to my normal male self I am also happy (or try to be).  My every day life in drab doesn’t provide the same as the excitement I get when dressed but I am happy with my normal male life.  I feel very fortunate that I have a wife who accepts me and my desire to dress and also loves the man she married.  So my answer is yes I enjoy being male and I am fine with being able to dress in frumpy loose male clothes (but enjoy dressing in male clothes my not be the right way to define it as my attraction to male items is no where near the desire level of my female items)

I kinda felt like I may have rambled too much in my answer………sorry for that.  Final answer:  Yes I enjoy being male and dressing in male clothing….But not as much as dressing enfemme.

In the perfect world no one would care what we had on, and I would tend to the more fem clothing most of the time.  But just as some women do when out gardening, hiking thru the woods, and a few other tasks it make no sense to be dressed in the really nice and soft delicate fabrics and heels that are what define fem clothing to me.

So I will continue to march thru the world being Paula as much as I can when the chance presents itself  and HandsomeHusband the rest of the time wearing the rough and tumble male clothing that is better suited for the task at hand.  Which a lot of the time for me is making my wife smile.

Yes I could do the Tom Boy look and have some of the more durable fabrics, it seams a waste of time.  If Paula is coming out she wants to be as fem as she can be, I don’t think I have ever had a pair of female pants, always dresses or skirts.

I’m totally with you on that, Paula. Even with the freedom of social acceptance I would still wear male attire for practical reasons, men’s jeans have better pockets for instance. It also seems a bit pointless for a crossdresser to dress like a tomboy as it sort of defeats the object. x

Hi Amy
          You made me laugh with that statement. So funny thinking as a man I would want to dress up like a Tom boy like Daisy Duke. Even as I am typing I am still snickering.
          The only thing about ladies jeans is they look so much better then men’s jeans but ya I do need good pockets for my wallet and jack knife clippers and lighter (I don’t smoke) for emergency if a lady does need a light.
          Keep them coming as we all need a good snicker now and then especially when just got 6 inches of snow and another 2-4 on the way with some wind to blow it around.

Sara

To be fair, if I looked like Daisy Duke I’d never wear men’s clothes again…

Kelly Lee
        Duchess - Annual

I’m thinking pretty much the same. Kelly always wear skirt/dress/heels and if it’s not possible (like when walking on the roof) I go drab.
        However lately I felt like compromising, even when “drab” I still go with skinny jeans, v-neck tshirt and feminine looking shoes. The only thing missing would be makeup and breastforms but even that was added last time I did go drab.

/kelly

Anonymous

Hi!

I don’t enjoy wearing male clothing at all. It is just something that I do because it is required and expected. I actually feel out of place when I am wearing male clothing, as if I am going to be seen as being something other than what I really am. By contrast, I feel very comfortable when wearing female clothing.

Elaina

I agree with you 100% Elaina. When I popped outta mom I didn’t have a choice in the matter and now being a late bloomer The male part of Sara is a shadow that follows us around and a necessity for public life.

Sara

I don’t really “like” men’s clothing. I find them appropriate for certain circumstances, like work and activities I enjoy doing. I do find myself trying to be a bit more fashion conscious in male clothing though.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Vecca Senn.

Hiya, Meghan:  this is an interesting way of asking a question that all of us must surely have asked ourselves:  do you think that Mother Nature got your gender right?  Personally, I’m more than happy being a man in a mini skirt; I can’t say it makes me feel good or bad to wear boy clothes purely because I do it every day.  I don’t wear women’s clothes every day – if I did, would it lose the “special” feeling it has for me?  Male is the actual core of my being – but I’m really glad to have realised that it isn’t the whole point of being me!  I have two distinct personalities – different, but related; I suppose you could say that I’m my own sister?  As a boy, I’m one way, as Holly everything is slightly different.  All in all, I’d have to say that Mother Nature got it right for me – I don’t feel that there is anything wrong with me.  I enjoy being a male and wearing male clothing… but when I’m Holly, I enjoy everything there is about Holly – including the bits that other folk probably wouldn’t like.  Sorry to ramble on so much; our condition is obviously just a little confusing!  Holly XXX

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Meghan!  I have had to “act” male most of my life, so I guess i have gotten good at it, but do I enjoy the fact I was born male?  No.

I guess in a way I enjoy some “male” clothing since i love wearing jeans, but only women’s ( Guess Jeans! ), and i do wear womens sweaters only.  Much cuter and comfortable, and frankly, it just feels right.

Stevie

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Stevie, skinny jeans and a tight sweater on a well endowed girl is so sexy!

Michelle, I’m wearing my ‘skinny’ yoga pants and tight sweater right now, I’ve been told I look good in them, so we’ll go with well endowed, 🙂

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Anonymous
            Lady

Hi Lauren, I know you look great in your tight sweater! I admire you sweetie. Hope you have a great weekend.

Anonymous

Interesting question for me to consider. I view male clothing as utilitarian for the most part. I dress in business casual male for work and essentially male grunge for doing chores or projects around the home or yard. I may enjoy the activities (or not), but seldom give a thought to male clothes, other than when I grow anxious to shed them again!

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I definitely do not enjoy wearing male clothes and spend the majority of my time in or out in female attire. But there are parts of my life where Fiona will never be known so I occasionally have to wear male garb.

Thea
      Lady

I used to “like” a new suit: but almost without fail I’d come to the conclusion it didn’t fit right, and end up hating the look. Now I just feel buying men’s clothes is a lost opportunity: women’s would fit better, feel better, and to me at least, look better. Even for work clothing or hiking kit I feel women’s would just be better.

Thea

Absolutely, I love being male and men’s style. I’ve always had an interest in clothes and style, both male and female.

Cece X
      Lady

Thanks for starting this interesting thread, Meghan. I am very intrigued by all the responses.
      My answers to your questions are yes and yes, I enjoy being male and I enjoy dressing in male clothing. I identify as a crossdresser because of how much I love wearing bras, dresses and other femme wardrobe, but I do feel quite comfortable in my choice to dress in all male clothing most of the time.
      I love how special dressing en femme feels. I have discovered that when I dress en femme for several days, however, the act of dressing starts to feel routine and I lose the thrill. No, I have found the right balance for me, and that is to enjoy being masculine, enjoy dressing in masculine clothing most of the time, and look forward to dressing occasionally in my extensive femme wear.

Hi Cecelia!, Im on the same page with you on this exactly👍. After dressing too much in a week or going out to often several days in a row it DOES become routine and frankly Boring 😟 The special feeling of have that special intermittent time set aside to look , dress , and go out en femme makes it a special treat to be a crossdresser 😊That is why I could never transition or go SRS to change sex, I would regret it within days and lose my ability to look and act feminine. As mentioned in my original thread I worked for 10 years as a costumed historical interpreter at our historical 19th century village museum and getting dressed up in macho antebellum clothing of puffy shirt, vest, string tie, suspenders, high waisted pants, frock coat , and top hat made me feel oh so viral , masculine, and handsome. Stopped at a grocery store once in costume on way home and got several compliments from male  and female check out clerks complimenting me in my look and saying how’ dapper I looked👍😊!. That swelled my manly head, because I did look that way.

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Do you at time enjoy being Male and dressing in Male Clothing?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?