Viewing 21 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Vanessa Law
      Managing Ambassador

I transitioned about 5 years ago – all the surgeries and electrolysis are behind me. My experience coming out, transitioning at work and socially is now done. I finally get to be who I am.

Yet, I wonder sometimes, is there any blessing in being transgender?
      Even though my experience has been extremely fortunate so far, it has at times been painful, isolating, scary and expensive.

Yet I can count a few blessings – I never would have examined my life so deeply if I weren’t transgender. I’ve learned things about myself, and discovered truths that would remain buried my entire life.

I’ve also met many wonderful people so far on my journey.

What have been some of your transgender blessings?

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by Jas.
      Anonymous

I think your are so blessed. Coz u have achieved the goal or target overcoming the pain. But i couldnt even tell to anyone about my feelings here. And years passed and just living my life only in dreams. I still dont know who i am and the doctors also not helpful. In your country its very open and friendly. Hope i could come and live a life i dream only if somebody help mentally and physically. In that way you people are so BLESSED.

Hope to be like you one day atleast???

Vanessa Law
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Gayathri,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts – it’s true that being able to live as myself is a real blessing. Sometimes I can forget how much I’ve been through, and how fortunate I am to have the opportunity to live as I am.

Thanks for joining us here on Crossdresser Heaven, I’m looking forward to more of your thoughts on the forums!

Anonymous

As i’m dealing with anxiety since age 6, i consider being trans isn’t a gift, it broked me into piece to be enforced into a social role i am not.

Still, i have experienced both sides, against my will, but now i can understand better both side more than cisgender people. Because of that, i am gifted to understand better the social roles and their meaning.

Being a cisgender girl would have blessed me more than being trans, i guess.

Anonymous

It has taken me a number of years to reach a point where I can say I feel truly blessed being the real me! It goes without saying there have been many low points I have gone through and the many times I purged everything and said I need to stop and accept the cards I was dealt. I finally realized I was fooling myself and if I was going to be truly happy I needed to embrace my inner spirit and free the woman inside clawing to get out. I still have much to do and learn, but having met so many good people and having acceptance has made me feeling so positive!

Jas
      Managing Ambassador

I can’t lie, a few months ago when I was desperately trying to save my marriage, just weeks before I reviled my soul, I thought being transgender was a curse. I actuality believed that all the pain from the insults and accusations was acceptable punishment for the secret I held. I would sit quietly on a day to day basis will the woman I loved interrogated me about what I do behind her back and what I really thought about and what I am hiding from her. As she said in every argument “the truth will set you free.” I cringed inside telling myself, no the truth wont set me free. It will end us.

I was told by my oldest son that it was time to end the fighting. Get the divorce. Wish I would have listened to him sooner, that was said just about every month for the last 2 years.

That person who felt it was a course laid in bed one day, breathing heavy into his pillow trying his hardest to breathe fast and control the rage inside, begging for something to stop beating and praying that he could close his eyes and never wake up.

If you caught that yes I detached myself from that person. Because what came next was peace. I woke up a couple hours later calm, refreshed and feeling everything is going to work out. I went to my wife and told her I wasn’t going to fight about it no more and if you want the divorce I will give it to you. And I walked away.

We would continue to fight over the next couple days but I was at peace, and moved out of the bedroom. I spent a couple weeks looking for help and answers to come to a conclusion.
      Face it, The truth will set you free.

I was right about the truth ended my marriage of 22 years.

I now know and feel transgender is a blessing, yes that bio may be sad but what I received was all worth the while, I had three kid who are some of the best kids you would ever meet and probably wouldn’t believe they were mine. And the peace I felt when I stopped denying who I really was, all that I am thankful for, wouldn’t have happened if I wasn’t transgender.

Anonymous

I will probably never completely trans but i truly belive i have been blessed as acrossdresser. As said by Jasmine and Diana there’s a lot of pain to go through, from fear and confusion when young to the possable break down or break up of a marriage. I would have loved to have been born a woman but instead i was given the body of a man and the mind and feeling of a woman. I now know who and what i am and for that ifeel blessed. Zoe xxx

I do believe being transgendered is truly a gift, a blessing, and was at one time a wretched curse. Once I finaly understood that there are 2 pieces that make me hole. A small piece is the semi masculine body I received at birth, I have the physical stregnth that mostly males have, yet…I have the other portion of me, Jessica. Jessica doesn’t have that ” Male” thought process, she is a woman. This is truly a ift, when both parts, although not equal, work in harmony.
      The wretched curse, well that’s in the past, now that I’m learning, who I am. I’m thankful and blessed to be who & what I am, and the fact that those two completely different persons have become one.

JL.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

I have slowly come to believe that it is INDEED a gift and a blessing! I have 50 years so far as a male and now am coming to let more of he feminine soul peek through the outer masculine shell. I am not certain yet how far this journey will take me-whether I will be satisfied to dress part or full time and interact with the world, or will transition to living and presenting full time, or even transition all he way with HRT and/or SRS. The first step will be seeing how Cynthia feels interacting with the world as herself. Once I feel comfortable with that, I will have further decisions to make but I don’t want to rush into anything (as much as dressing for 40 years an be considered “rushing” 🙂 ! ). In any case, I like the feminine side of me and would not want it to go away for anything!

Anonymous

Blessed to be transgender? My first thought was heck no, it’s been a living hell getting to where and who I am today. Then I read several of the replies here which made me ponder a bit more…..
      Yes, I’ve lived 50 years pretending to be male. I knew I was something else, yet I didn’t know what. I lived a good life, very successful careers, yet only pretending to be happy being the “manly man.”
      Failed relationships, lots of confusion on my part, inner-struggles, fighting inner-demons, etc…..
      When I finally started to accept myself, knowing who I was meant to be from the beginning, I finally found an inner-peace within and while other issues started as a result of my full transition, I was happy with myself-at last. For the last 6 years I’ve lived as the woman I was born to be, and happy. I’ve experienced all that life has to offer those who experience things as both a male and a female. I have a deeper understanding and respect for how each sex thinks and acts (for the most part-still have lots to learn). In that aspect, I suppose being transgender is a blessing, once one comes to accept them self and start to live the life that makes them happy. Saying that though, I would not wish being transgender on anyone, so perhaps I don’t think it’s a blessing? Another of life’s never ending questions…….

Anonymous

Its kind of strange for me to think about being Transgender as a blessing.

I think its a blessing that I now know that I want to be a woman more than anything but then the reality of actually making it happen is more of a pipe dream because I have realized that perhaps I am more gender fluid than anything else.

I mean I enjoy being a guy and I really don’t mind the clothes that much but then on the flipside I can relate to some females that feel passive to men and want to be taken care of by men. I fantasize about being the so called weaker sex all the time, not saying all females are that way but if I did become a complete female that is the role that I would want to live and have.

I mean my lifestyle is pretty complicated. I work seasonal jobs and in the winter I work at ski resorts and I love to ski all winter long and I just feel like I have no female or femme qualities at all. I am forty one years old and when I think about wanting to be a female I think about I wish I came to the conclusion when I was younger and dealt with it then rather than getting older and feeling intense about wanting to be a woman.

I don’t know. I guess for now being a male is what I am and being transgender is always will be and yet again I am suppressing it again and most likely it will be like that until the day that I die.

It can be a mixed blessing i think. Overcoming hardships will make anyone grow as a person and dressing comes with plenty of them. So i guess it depends on how you look at it or how you live your life.

Anonymous

Like many here there have been times when I have felt cursed, isolated and unpleasantly unique. Fleeting thoughts of transition as I grew older have finally given way to acceptance that such a course isn’t in my future. I am very happily married to a wonderful, supportive lady and my four kids are also accepting, supportive and understanding.

With that said, they are happy to have both a husband/father and a girlfriend/aunt. I can now live my live as I choose to do so and can dress freely should that be my wish. A couple of days ago my wife even said to me “I think of you more as Jane these days and I find that very easy to do.”

Time can change perceptions – twenty years ago I would have said yes, it’s a curse. Today I can honestly say I feel fortunate that I am transgender because I get to share all of me with those I love, unburdened by societal expectations of what a man or a woman should be like.

Nice post very helpful to someone like me who is still deciding. Thanks.
      Sandy.

Vanessa,

Thank you for sharing this and thank you for all that you have done for us.

When it comes to blessings, I have many in my life.

One of those blessings is CDH.

Hugs

Autumn

Hello Jaz,

Deeply moving post and thank you for sharing such a personal time in your life. I see this was posted some time ago and hope you are doing well since.

Sandy

Thank you for your thoughts, Vanessa

I actually think of my transition from one gender to another not as a blessing but rather of closing the circle. I started my journey as a man and will finish it as a woman (whether I have all the surgeries or not… you mentioned expense!). As I wrote in another post, ; I was born with a feminine animus and, sadly it’s taken 64 years to get to a point where my animus is now in balance.
      Am I happy I’ve done so? Ohh, so much! I thought I was happy as a man and I guess that was man happiness. Now, though, I have a deeper happiness. It goes right to my soul.
      To be frank, I’ve never put much faith in the appearance of weakness as a female. My grandmother was a very tough Scotswoman who lived as a strong and dependable figure in my mind therefore being weak has never come into it. I can’t very well suddenly become part of the ‘weaker’ sex though I can be a paid up member of the fairer sex!
      Perhaps the one thing being male has in its favour is the undoubted male privilege thing… hard to give that up!

Thanks for your story.. and your stories too, Sisters xxx Polly

Jas
      Managing Ambassador

I knew I read this story about V along time ago, it was very inspiring back then as it is now. I hope you all enjoy an oldie but goodie post from Vanessa.

I too consider my life now a blessing having lived it in both genders. I have not transitioned but have friends accepting me as debbie and enjoyed daily life for weeks at a times as a woman. I consider it a blessing since we get to view life and the world through the eyes and actions of both genders.

Anonymous

I’m not having the surgery – it would be foolish at my age – but I am about to start HRT, I do consider myself Trans, and I do consider it a blessing. Not without a few problems, but nothing is. I’m a happy person now, and my wife says I’m much more agreeable than I was as a guy.

Brielle
      Lady

I know this blog started some time ago, but I feel compelled to answer the question as to whether being trans is a blessing or not. I would say there are two things I am very blessed with:

1. I can now see a side of me that needed expression all along. It s a journey toward something better (being someone better), not turning away from something. If others choose to turn away, that is their problem, not mine.

2. I have been blessed beyond words with all the kind, loving, supportive people that have been part of this Website! I can’t believe there are so many like-minded people all over the world that I have been so fortunate to meet even if it is only online. Thank you all for helping me on my self-discovery journey! You don’t know (or maybe you DO) realize how much you have meant to me even after only a few short weeks of being part of this forum!! I love you all!

Brielle 💋💕😁

Angela Booth
      Hostess

It may not be felt that way with the complications that are involved! I consider it as being part of me and feel blessed that I am accepted and able to go about my daily life as the person who I really want to be.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?