- October 4, 2020 at 1:51 am #390179Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 564Has thanked: 3217 timesBeen thanked: 2895 times
Hello you lovely ladies !!!
So you are out and about En femme, and God forbid, are given verbal abuse!!….do you ignore and walk away, or do you stand your ground and fight back???…or maybe you are ” trolled” on cdh ( don’t ask!! )…..how would you reply??…… please keep your replies ” clean” as you can girls, I’m sure we would all like to know…grace 💋💋
- October 5, 2020 at 8:31 pm #390871Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 70Replies: 670Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 2013 times
Here’s another one, but meant more on the humorous side
When I’m offered something I dont particularly want, I’ll ask the giver, “what’s the second prize?”
EG I’ve been a keen Australian wine drinker for decades, love my full bodied cabernet’s and shiraz’s
Offering me a Pinot Noir will elicit the above response before the cap comes off the “Ribena” (aka the PN)
You can double that if someone offers me a 10 buck chain store bra and panties. This girl does not dress cheap…
- October 5, 2020 at 4:19 pm #390821Paula FParticipantRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 650Has thanked: 1186 timesBeen thanked: 2306 times
Suzette, I do believe that most of us girls do try to first ignore ‘Them’ and keep on going, which works the vast majority of the time. But there are always going to be the ones who cannot shut up and let people be, especially if they have had even one drink of liquid courage. Those self-chosen few are the ones that we must defend ourselves from, verbally or more if it comes down to it. Thankfully, I believe those types are on some endangered species list somewhere finally. They will never be totally gone, but they are becoming fewer in number.
- October 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm #390819Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 624Has thanked: 2851 timesBeen thanked: 3051 times
- October 5, 2020 at 3:30 pm #390814PY MarshallParticipantRegistered On: July 21, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 212Has thanked: 841 timesBeen thanked: 518 times
If i was in a happy and content mood i would just totally ignore the remark and continue on , that then leaves anyone else around wondering who, it is talking to. If my mood was up in the higher percentages i would probably let the rant finish and then say, if it was a male , something like ,I see you have left him at home today! and if female ,you will get long life battery’s over in that shop there . Pyxx.
- October 5, 2020 at 3:28 pm #390813Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 70Replies: 670Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 2013 times
- October 5, 2020 at 3:37 pm #390816
- October 5, 2020 at 3:13 pm #390809Suzette YorkParticipantRegistered On: September 4, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 83Has thanked: 1020 timesBeen thanked: 406 times
i have been luck enough not to be in that situation. If i am i expect i would just walk away. There are many cruel people (insecure?) not sure if i should respond in kind or better to just pity them and hope they go away. Too much hate in the world it makes me sad sometimes.
- October 5, 2020 at 2:57 pm #390803
- October 5, 2020 at 2:15 pm #390786Samantha RoarkeAmbassadorRegistered On: April 17, 2019Topics: 41Replies: 985Has thanked: 2301 timesBeen thanked: 2032 times
- October 4, 2020 at 10:02 pm #390525Paula FParticipantRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 650Has thanked: 1186 timesBeen thanked: 2306 times
Most of the time I try and just ignore the stupid people (people who just have to think they are the center of the world), and go on my way. But, some people just won’t or can’t let things go. My first come back is not very offensive, but if it goes beyond that, it degenerates pretty quickly:
“No matter how big of a hammer I use, I just cannot pound common sense into stupid people.” If that doesn’t get them to see the futility of trash talking me, then…
“God wasted a perfectly good a**hole when he put teeth in yours.”
I’ll stop there as they tend to go as low as the person harassing me.
- October 5, 2020 at 12:04 am #390538
- October 4, 2020 at 8:12 pm #390501Amy MyersParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1071Has thanked: 2787 timesBeen thanked: 2587 times
Perhaps I’m just fortunate, but I have never had any kind of abuse, or a bad reaction to anyone I’ve told, or who has noticed.
I would likely try to deescalate the situation, and get the hell out as fast as possible.
- October 4, 2020 at 4:14 pm #390453Stevie65ParticipantRegistered On: September 6, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 104Has thanked: 178 timesBeen thanked: 406 times
They say silence is golden but it is topped when you just smile at them while they make a fool of themselves.
My other response is… you better be absolutly perfect before you judge others…
Sometimes a good throat punch shuts them up quickly…..
I still like to just be silent and smile….
- October 5, 2020 at 2:58 pm #390804Amanda BurtonParticipantRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 344Has thanked: 3752 timesBeen thanked: 1331 times
Stevie sweetie, be careful what you say, any direct attack on a person throat is classed as deadly force by a court as it can kill. This type of action is the last resort should your life be in danger,and the only time it’s acceptable in a court for self defense.
- October 5, 2020 at 2:25 pm #390790Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 564Has thanked: 3217 timesBeen thanked: 2895 times
- October 5, 2020 at 2:54 pm #390802
- October 4, 2020 at 9:52 am #390313
- October 4, 2020 at 7:51 am #390268ParticipantRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 344Has thanked: 3752 timesBeen thanked: 1331 times
- October 4, 2020 at 7:48 am #390267ParticipantRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 344Has thanked: 3752 timesBeen thanked: 1331 times
Well I just pay no attention to the person with the mouth, I am quite able to defend myself if required to do so, but I find many who get no reply often give up.
Same on here delete or block, once you bite they will keep on and on. Silence or no response is often a better weapon to ignorance.
Like I said if they want to get physical they are indeed in for a surprise, they certainly will not be expecting.
One thing I will say is do not put up with any continuing bullying from anyone, tell someone, or the appropriate authorities, because these cowards hide behind your silence and fear.
- October 4, 2020 at 7:22 am #390259Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1402Has thanked: 995 timesBeen thanked: 3354 times
I’ve gotten cat calls, compliments, professions of love, invitations to feel real good and remarks about how they would like to be between my legs. I usually ignore them and keep walking. That’s where having carefully chosen locations to go out in become important.
I’ve had as few aggressive pursuers, but fortunately I was able to escape them before I had to resolve a real problem.
- October 4, 2020 at 3:03 am #390185Laura LovettParticipantRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 8Replies: 412Has thanked: 1151 timesBeen thanked: 1969 times
I prefer a deflection, if I’m in the mood for retaliating to retards who can’t keep their opinions to themselves, such as “It’s OK, darling, you’re not my type anyway”, or the one that confuses them all “I’m not a real woman.”. Maybe, if I’m feeling like a put down, then “I’m sorry you feel that way, I hope you feel better soon”.
Depends on the comment and scenario.
Most times it’s best to act like the comment couldn’t possibly be aimed at you, and that you’re too involved in your own business to take any notice.
This winds some of them right up, but because you’re not taking any notice, they can’t justify any action.
Those sort of comments tend to be few and far between, and are significantly outweighed by the numbers of nice comments, so no big deal.
Opinions are like the proverbial part of the anatomy. Everyone has one, and not everyone’s is worth airing in public.
- October 4, 2020 at 2:17 am #390181IsabelBParticipantRegistered On: March 18, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 165Has thanked: 430 timesBeen thanked: 453 times
It would very much depend on the mood I’m in at the time.
You’re very unlikely to change the mind of a bigot so there’s no point getting into any real exchange, so I’d quite probably just ignore them or maybe, at most, I’d reply with a comment and promptly walk off. As for a comment – whatever comes to mind at the time, but maybe something like ‘Are you always this stupid, or are you just practicing?’
On line, much the same!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.