Tagged: 

Viewing 54 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi everyone. I was thinking about this one and i myself have a lot of hobbies. These include Computer repair, collecting old Books, Music, Broadcasting, repairing Dolls etc. Some of these i suppose could be classed as masculine but are they?

The reason i say this is because most of them were carried forward from my drab days and of course, Women, quite rightly are getting involved in what was considered previously Male things.

What is your take on all this? do you have any hobbies you consider are ‘masculine’?

With love, Fiona Moss xx

Hello, Fiona. As far as hobbies go I enjoy painting miniature fantasy figures and writing. My job also allows for my love of wood working. As you have stated there are a lot of women going into what used to be considered a man’s hobby. And a lot of men are doing womens hobbies. All that is important is that you enjoy what you do. Hugs, Allysa

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

Fion, my hobbies have never been one or the other, I love to cook, to garden, camping and backpacking, traveling and rafting. When rafting the male me loads and unloads the raft while Sherri enjoys the ride. When backpacking male me always carries the pack that’s to heavy to begin with, but Sherri sits under the stars and night. Gardening the male me works the  rototiller  and Sherri takes over from there. But cooking Sherri always cooks.

Sherri

Hi Sherri, thats a perfect way of looking at it and i never really gave that a thought! Thanks for your reply.

Fiona xx

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Sherri has good delegation skills.  She must be the boss!

Nice new interesting thread Fiona-Ann.

Yes I have since childhood and still do have them, Building WW2 model airplanes, Drawing and painting ( went to Art College for 4 years and spent 30 years as a commercial artist in  Newspaper advertising)     Teaching American History classes as a volunteer to Senior Center groups via Power Point and lecture, Being a ( paid) Historical costumed ( male) Interpreter at our Restored Historical Village in Upstate NY for 20 years. Movie trivia expert from films of the Golden era of Hollywood to present, and avid reader of all non fiction American History books , especially WWII , which my father fought in the Pacific campaign) Is that enough?

Wow Meghan, you are certainly a very talented lady!! Thanks for your reply.

Hugs, Fiona xx

Hi girls,

My current hobbies are neither feminine or masculine.
      I love to write and have had some of my work published.
      I’m a trained chef and love to cook.
      I’m an artist and create drawings and paintings using Prismacolor pencils and Golden Acrylic paints.
      I love photography, I was a professional wedding photographer for over twenty years.
      I guess my busiest past time now is learning all I need to know about living as a woman named Lauren.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Hi Fiona
      I am an avid Darts player I also collect Victorian Bottles & Pots, and I am also a steam railway enthusiast walking disused tracks.
      Love Sarah xx

[quote quote=707768]I am also a steam railway enthusiast walking disused tracks.[/quote]

Hi, Sarah. Walking disused tracks in high heels must be difficult! Best, Marlene.

Camping is my most masculine hobby. My other favorite past times are cooking, baking and cross- stitching.

This is such a great question, and I’m really enjoying everyone’s responses. So many different thoughts.

I love to rock climb, hike, kayak, camp, and mountain bike. But those things, while in my mind are a bit more masculine and rugged, are quite common among both male and female.

I do not like to shop, unless it is for something I really want, but prefer to explore my options online and if necessary buy in-store. I don’t like to window shop as a form of relaxation.

I love to play guitar, mostly rock and contemporary praise music.
      In my 20s, I was a children’s performer, and have done a lot of acting in professional and community theatre. Both of those things have given me a lot of general makeup and costume knowledge. I used to sew my own costumes, which is often seen as a more feminine skill. I have altered or constructed a few of my girly things to my liking, like adding a ruched back to some of my panties, or making a corset, skirts and dresses.

I like to garden, but have moved away from that hobby in lieu of some of my other hobbies.

-Gemma❤️💋

Elaine
      Duchess

I play golf, play a couple musical instruments, dance, run, yoga…,  of course all could be done in either male or female mode.  My biggest interest is golf, I play with a group of guys a couple times a week.  Playing en femme would change the group dynamics. In a perfect world I would be en femme 24/5 – male mode on manly golf days.

Marianne
      Ambassador

Im not sure how a hobby should be categorised “manly” or “womanly”. Most of my hobbies l have carried with me since my teens, but then l have known l had a girl’s soul since 5 or 6, so that isn’t much of a guidance.

Anyway my main hobbies as an adult are or have been:

I have always been an avid reader, reading both fiction and non-fiction stories as well as scientific literature from different professions.

Already in my mid teens I started Collecting everything printed about old Germanic, Viking age and Medieval use of runes from the late 1500s and forward, covering all and any aspects of science including, but not restricted to, Archaeology, History, Linguistics, Art, Religion, Magic, Personal names, Place names and Runology (the study of Runes in ancient and modern times). At its peak in my mid 20s , l  added some 300 volumes a year, alot of it being different scientific journals. Now it usually will be less than 20 and some years only four or five (the ongoing subscriptions of active journals). The complete collection can probably only be rivaled by the three national libraries of Sweden.

As many old books have aged less graciously they will often need a bit of care and restoration to live on. Professional book binders are few and usually have a full schedule of work for public and scientific libraries and archives. As a consequence private customers will often face long delivery times and high costs for their services. Having to concentrate my financial resources on acquiring the books l thus decided to add  bookbinding to my skills and with time became good enough at it to do some work for other collectors. I was just in the process of learning guilding, i.e. the decoration of spines and covers with gold leafs and metal stamps, when l was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease 10 years ago.

Another teen age hobby that has stayed with me is fine carpentry and precision woodwork. In the public chat some of you may have seen photos of the drawers I installed between the steps of our wooden staircase to the upper floor or the classic index card box with all hand made box joints.

In my late 30s I started collecting and restoring antique Swedish  metal construction sets of Meccano/Erector type after finding the remains of our childhood’s set in the attic, cleaning out my late brother’s apartment. This time l decided l would not bind up any large investments in the collection and for many years l even made a small profit selling off refurbished duplet sets and surplus parts to other collectors.

Through all my life l have enjoyed singing and playing the piano (we had an upright one of course, but as an adult l had access to a grand piano in our church.) I met my wife in the youth choir and for a number of years we sang together in three choirs before parenthood became the number one priority. I have also made some composing and written a few songs but never published anything.

My final hobby is sewing. It is the only one that is decidedly feminine in nature, not by profession, as there are many men working as tailors for both sexes with great skills, but in the ambition of sewing my own dresses. Sewing is the only hobby l did start practising after getting my Parkinson’s diagnosis. However the dream of making my own elaborate dresses emanates from my childhood, sitting for endless hours watching my mother sew and sometimes helping her pin a pattern to the fabric. I honestly can’t imagine how many times I just wanted to let my secret out and ask her to make a dress for me. Yet it never happened. The first dress l made came to act both as a tribute to the childhood l missed out on and a flashing beacon in protest against a future darkened by progressive illness; a floor lenght gown in bronze coloured duchesse with piped seams, long puffed sleeves, deep wide neckline and a princess waistline tailored to be worn over a corset. You will find a picture of me wearing it among my public photos on the site (actually one of the first photos of Marianne I ever took).

M

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Marianne.

all I can say is wow, very impressive marianne.

This is so immensely impressive Marianne, I have no words 🙂  You are such a skillful woman !

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I prefer to say I have interests.  I’ve been paid for most of them at one point or another.  A few became careers.  I’ve changed careers 3x.  None of my interests are specifically masculine owing to the fact that females do them too.  Some are dormant and likely to see a return.  In no particular order here you go.

• Hiking/backpacking/mountaineering
      • Landscape/travel photography
      • Travel (domestic & international)
      • Watching ice hockey (used to play) and football (soccer)
      • Listening to various genres of music (esp. alt/indie/garage/house/trance)
      • Attending live music shows (esp. alt/indie/garage)
      • Audio/video production & post-production
      • Live event videography
      • Producing/hosting radio programming
      • Custom PC builds (mostly gaming rigs)
      • Enterprise computer networking & infrastructure
      • Cybersecurity (critical infrastructure)
      • PC gaming (mostly sim & strategy)
      • Bicycling (road & e-bike)
      • Yoga & fitness training
      • Club dancing
      • Herding cats

/EA

Blimey Emily!! its a wonder you find time to sleep!!!

Fiona xx

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

I don’t get much sleep!

OMG Emily, I can do cows but I have never ever been able to herd cats.  They just look at me an do a talk to the paw.  Please share your tricks. lol   Marg

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

Marg I never said I was good at those things.  Herding cats is one I’m definitely not!  The only thing that keeps their attention is salmon.  They’ll follow me around for a short while before losing interest.

Erika Henderson
      Duchess - Annual

Some of my hobbies:

Building/Rebuilding Computers
      Working on old cars
      boating
      fishing

Hi girls,

I used to like to fly airplanes.  I had a lot of fun with it, and scared myself silly a few times.  My brother is a retired airline and Navy pilot, who has forgotten more about flying tha I’ll ever know.  Alas, after my divorce, I can’t afford to fly any more, especially with avgas costing seven dollars a gallon.  But I have a lot of fond memories.

Kerri

Hey Kerri,  I switched to auto gas ultralights.  Cheap to own, operate and license.   Marg

I’ve been a motorsports fan since childhood. In 1957 at the age of 9 I discovered Indy cars. In 1961, the year that American Phil Hill won the World Driving Championship, I discovered Formula 1. Since then I’ve probably seen just about every significant professional touring series that runs in the US. I’ve driven a few race cars and used to help a friend maintain his pavement modified. I’ve owned 8 vehicles and none of them have been automatics.

In high school I considered architecture, but went to engineering school when it occurred to me that I didn’t have much in the way of artistic skills! My career as a mechanical engineer spanned 43 years, including 6 years as an expatriate in Taiwan.

I consider myself to be a fan of mid-century architecture and the works of Frank Lloyd Wright in particular.

I’ve built the last 2 desktop computers that I have used (including the one I’m using as we speak). They are what is known as a Hackintosh (running the macOS on generic Intel hardware).

These days I identify as transgender, non-binary and present as female 98% of the time, but my interests haven’t changed.

Anonymous
      Lady

I wouldn’t know how to classify my hobbies as masculine or feminine, but here goes: my favorite is probably playing and watching soccer. I’ve been an avid soccer follower since I was a child. More recently, I’ve taken on cooking. I love trying out different spice mixtures and bought myself an Instant Pot 11-in-1 cooker as a Christmas present.

I like hiking, kayaking, camping and volunteering. I’ve generally volunteered with kids, teaching them math and science, and coaching soccer and volleyball. I also do video editing in my free time and have done some for my daughter’s school and a few non-profits.

My hobbies/pastimes are fishing, boating, hiking, taking pictures while on hikes, cooking, attempting to fix stuf, reading . I dont think I could classify any of these as strictly masculine.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I suppose I have a mixture of hobbies, the most masculine one is restoring vintage cars, mostly 40’s to 60’s but I have worked on much older and newer ones.

I do some woodworking since I have a large wooded property I often mill my own planks from either dead fall or one which have to come down anyway.

Then I make jewelry from tumbled stones and similar polished stones, sometimes I do the polishing myself, other times I buy the stones polished.

One hobby which really doesn’t know gender boundaries is music, I play piano and violin, and occasionally perform for others.

The last I’ll put on the list is photography, though in recent years I find myself doing more music than photography.

Amy

ChloeC
      Duchess

I’m retired so I can ‘play’ at a lot of things.

College/then community theater group, appeared on stage in 7 productions.
      Became President and then Producer of another musical.
      Member and President of a men’s civic clubs but it has folded
      Originally studied to be a meteorologist and have, oh like, 5 ‘weather’ stations now our acre
      Worked in computer software programming and peripheral engineering.
      Men’s over 30 basketball for about 15 years. (I also alpine ski)
      Read a lot of SciFi, but replaced it with works by Tolkien.
      Now into nighttime astronomy, club member, but there are several women members.

Hiked about 10 days and nights on the Appalachian Trail, tho did see some women one night
      Bar Trivia once a week with about 5-6 other males,
      Golf in the summer in mixed leagues and with about 5 other males
      Have a model train set (Lionel O) in the workshop (btw I don’t really care for most the tools there, but I do what needs to be done) that was in my spouse’s family and have expanded it. It’ll go to one of our grandchildren in the near future. The one granddaughter loves it and can’t wait to run the transformer and make the operating cars work.

Hugs, Chloë

Hmm…I would say that fantasy football falls into the masculine category. I’m trying to think of more but drawing a blank. Ooh, I bet we all may have a masculine activity that we don’t think about and forget about. I think that’s about it. Possibly skateboarding periodically. Otherwise not really

At various times I have enjoyed camping, backpacking, hunting, traveling ( both domestic and international) and model building.  Currently I enjoy fishing, cooking and baking, playing guitar, reading and jewelry making.  Fishing and reading have ben  lifelong pursuits that continue as well as a bit of traveling.  There are other things I have dabbled in but never held any interest.  I did ride a motorcycle, have owned boats and currently have a kayak which I enjoy paddling.  I didn’t mention the kayak earlier as I associate that mostly with my fishing so consider it part of that.

XOXO
      Suzanne

I honestly can’t find a hobby to which I give a gender identity. Probably the most masculine of my pastimes is assembling computers and canoeing or kitesurfing to the sea even in winter

Diana Stockton
      Baroness

My favorite hobby is wood working.  I have spent the last 5 years getting my work shop ready for my soon retirement.  Later this month I am planning on challenging outing as Diana to the WoodWorking Show in Indianapolis.  This will be an interesting trip into a typically male world.

Fiona-Ann What a terrific subject. It has been so interesting reading what everyone does in their spare time.

My main hobby up until 2 years ago was racing cars which I suppose you could consider a masculine pastime. We would do low budget 24 hour races with 5 of us sharing the driving and being our own mechanics preparing the car and when anything broke.

I have always been what we call in Australia a petrol head. I have loved anything that has a motor ever since I can remember and having worn female clothes from age 8 I can’t really remember not  loving them both.

These days I restored and maintain an old car to do charity events that drive into the Aussie outback.

The biggest conflict I have ever had between the two worlds of motorsport and crossdressing was at a race I had literally just hopped out of the car after a driving stint. I helped the next driver get his belts on and as the car drove away with me still in all my gear (helmet and my fireproof gloves, boots and suit) standing in pit lane I saw a girl in the pits wearing a pair of flaired black slacks and thought They are sensational. I would look gorgeous in those. I have to have pair of them.

Denise:

The US translation is Gearhead. And yes, as Garfield says, I Resemble That Remark!”…

none of what I used to do as hobbies can be considered masculine.

Due to rising costs I had to give up alot of my hobbies, but we’ll see what is in store following retirement :

– models.  I love building models.  The details in painting, assembly, it is time consuming but I loved it.  I was so absorbed by the details and creating something realistic.  I built a cool RC model years ago, took my time with it, and it was super fun.

– I used to love tinkering with my gaming rig.  But escalating cost meant that the only time I tinkered with it is a complete upgrade.

– just chilling and listening to music.   this one is free as i can stream youtube thru nest hub.

Hey girls!

Great topic. Most of my hobbies, interests are activities that can be done well by both sex. I enjoy boating, alpine skiing, golf and previously tennis.
      As  a carpenter/remodeler I have an extensive tool collection in my work shop.
      for years I thought I would spend my retirement years tinkering around in my shop. It would be a place to get away plus I could stealth or underdress while doing it. But now a year out from retirement I have no interest in doing that, that is tinkering in my shop, I’ll always want to crossdress!
      I’m selling many of my bigger power tools off and selling the property where my shop is located.  I want to find something different to enjoy , not doing what I’ve done for 45 plus years.
      it’s funny all the activities I listed I’ve done while wearing at least panties.
      a friend and I played golf with two women last fall, I laughed to myself knowing that 3 of us were wearing panties! And I was the only one who knew .

Natalie 💋💋💋

I don’t think any of my interests are particularly gendered. I have a passion for motorcycles and motorcycling, but women are the fastest growing segment and have been for long enough that it’s gender neutral in my mind even if group rides are still mostly dudes. My other interests are music (exploring, listening, playing), audio gear (more music), reading (histories and other non-fiction), travel, languages, art, our pets (4 cats and a dog who thinks he’s a cat), food and culture, cooking (like the garage, the kitchen is my happy place), entertaining, etc. I feel like I have a ton of interests, but “hobby” doesn’t feel quite right.  That said, Nikki has a passion for fashion, dance (again, music), makeup, perfume (can’t wear much due to sensitivities), and is much more social than Male-mode me. Those certainly feel more gender specific.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I guess it’s more categories than feminine/masculine(“macho”),  like things mostly done by male/female.
      I’m not in to what’s commonly considered the macho stuff so no lifting junk to build muscles or challenge death by working under cars held up by a pile of bricks and wishful thinking.
      I guess my interests are normally male dominated since I am in to computers (daytime job) and electronics. I have a small workshop filled with small gadgets, 3d printer, CNC mill and stuff like that, just missing the time to play with it.
      Now I’m not afraid of replacing the timing chain drive snowmobile somewhere if needed, but I’m not going out of my way to do it. However if you want me to watch some sport or see who can drink most beer – count me out.

/kelly

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Whilst many, many, women enjoy fishing, in all my 40 years of owning my own boat, I doubt if I saw an all female crew at the boat ramps I frequented. And after all, it was my lovely Mum that got me into fishing from about age 6.

Thus I guess ownership is my only exclusive all male thing. Stands to reason, cos the preparation, fuelling cleaning, maintenance of both boat and trailer, ( I never had other than trailer boats) etc before a trip and all the “yucky clean ups” after a trip are typically male tasks.

In fact right now I should be out on someone else’s boat. But my “creaky old back” played up AGAIN!! and I had to cancel out.

Just one other “maybe” in relation to this post. Here in OZ we have Men’s Shed Social Groups, (over 1,000 of them nationwide).

https://mensshed.org/

I belong to a great all male “Shed” with over 100 members, with a long list of male oriented activities, wood and metal work, photography etc etc and a loong …  membership  waiting list.

Yes there are a few Women’s Sheds and some Sheds have women only days.But I certainly doubt Caty would ever front up  if ever they had a Women’s day and time at my Shed. LOL Our blokes are a bit too macho for that.

By far and away the majority are guys only. The concept was born here in OZ and has gone international in NZ, UK, Ireland and  Canada to name but a few other countries

Happy dressing one and all.

Caty.

The hobby I spend the most time and money on, besides Nancy, would be gardening.  While the idea of doing some gardening things like picking peppers or tomatoes while femme sounds wonderful; spreading compost and digging gives me no desire to be dressed while doing it.

Hi Fiona,  I still work part-time in the summer as a lumberjack and in winter as a woman’s costumer but I also do have the following interests or hobbies: blacksmith, welder, mechanic, pilot and plane builder, videographer, photographer, costume, model and studio props maker, carpenter, spray painter, programer, sewer and leather worker, motorcyclist, archer and heavy equipment operator.  I don’t know if you can really call all this masculine since I know women involved in each of this fields.  So, as far as I’m concerned, if it interests me and seems like fun, I’ll usually do it regardless of gender.  Thanks for the great question.  Marg

Anonymous

Hi Fiona-Ann, what a great question!

Gender lines have definitely been crossed for most things these days, as real women are now involved in woodworking, working on cars, doing projects around the home, and more. So I’m not sure how to specifically quantify if a hobby is masculine or feminine now…

That being said, I still enjoy doing all those things I mentioned above, along with working in my garage, doing yard work, playing my guitar, camping, riding bikes, and quite a few more. I’m more of a Renaissance woman than strictly limited to one thing, as I also love reading (many different genres), listening to music (everything except hard core rap), reading classic literature, watching plays, going to (some) operas, art, visiting museums, etc.

Hugs,

Holly

Michelle takes up a lot of time I would spend doing other things.
      As far as other passions go most are considered male oriented but women do do evertthing that I do and many do it better. My life on the farm is getting more like a hobby and I love operating everything from a semi or farm tractor to throwing dirt with the backhoe. Pretty much anything else I do has a motor in it except for hunting and shooting which I don’t seem to have much time for. I like driving things fast and have a few toys. But Girls do all of that also. Many on here do some of that stuff for a living. I prefer Bush Light. Does that make me a man?

Ha Ha,  that makes two of us Michelle.  I prefer Miller Lite cans (I have one with lunch and one with dinner each day) or Miller Lite tap when I’m out.     Hugs, Marg

AnnaBeth Black
      Duchess - Annual

I guess I have more than a few. Welding , driving trucks , repairing equipment. All of which are difficult to do in heels. I only know this because I have tried.

Robin Snow
      Duchess

These days it’s hard to classify my hobbies as either masculine or feminine because women can do anything a guy can do.  For me Robin is more of a lifestyle than a hobby.  So my hobbies include:

• Woodworking
      • Woodturning
      • DIY home repair
      • Tinker with mechanical things like cars, tractors, etc
      • Hiking
      • Cycling
      • Paddeling
      • Skiing
      Tracy Knoble
      Duchess

Yes, being a jerk!! Lol!!

Anonymous

Hi Allysa!

Great question, I am a big muscle car fanatic. I have long tube headers and a few more performances upgrades on my 700 HP Da my daily driver. I get all dolled up then get in my hot rod. Love the looks I get. I do all the maintenance out front in my shoes and a halter top. Love going fast and the sound of my exhaust
      Brooke

Hi Everyone. First of all i would like to thank you all for taking the time to reply. I have been fascinated reading through the responses. I am glad you enjoyed the topic and i am sure you will agree that its a great way to learn and take into account things you have not thought of because of the replies looking at it from every angle possible!!

Really i suppose nothing should be Gendered, after all, many women are now doing jobs that were previously a Male dominated Career such as Plumbing, Building, Electrical Etc. Perversely though, many ‘Female’ dominated jobs such as Nail Technicians or Beauty Parlours are still rarely involving Men. I figured this might be more of a macho image and some men or most would find it decreases their image. Maybe i’m wrong but just a thought.

Love Fiona xx

Anonymous

You bring up a great point Fiona.  Many “female” jobs are still dominated by women.  One thing is, how comfortable are women today going to a man to their nails or other more feminine activities?  I don’t know the answer but I can understand that some women would feel uncomfortable….right, wrong or indifferent.

just a though to go along with your rationale.  😁

Hugs…. Dana

Hello Fiona-Ann,

My main hobby is reading which is hardly a masculine hobby. But I do have interests that seem to appeal more to men than to women. Some of those interests include: classic or high performance cars, especially classic Mustangs (I have a 1965 coupe), blade smithing, hunting (I’m still terrible at it 🤣) and restoring old hand tools to nearly new condition.

My Jill-time is more about relaxing and calming myself down while feeling very feminine and pretty. So, I wouldn’t call cross dressing a hobby, at least for me.

Hugs, Jill

P.S. I love your profile photo!

JOJO
      Lady

It appears that many of us crossdressers are into cars with an emphasis on performance cars. I have a mustang convertible and have been a long-time mustang fan. I particularly enjoy going to car shows and races.

I’m not sure if it’s that much masculine but i enjoy handicapping thoroughbred horse races, following horse racing, and of course betting on them. Horses never have a contract dispute, hold out, and don’t care who rides them.

Then of course i’m a lifetime rock and really all music fan .

Bunny
      Lady

I am a hobbyist woodworker.

Kassie
      Lady

I’m not sure I’d admit that my hobbies are masculine, as I’m sure there’s a few of my female friends that would argue that that’s not the case. I like to do computer programming and in particular a hobbyist videogame programmer. A long time ago I’d imagine these were predominantly male hobbies, but not so sure nowadays =P

I was thinking back and forth realizing that I simply do not have any typical male hobbies, to the contrary. I love gardening, traveling, sightseeing and enjoy visiting art galleries, museums, enjoying the opera and dance performances, and listening to music. I also like reading biographies, going for extended nature and city walks, watching movies and documentaries, riding my bicycle, and food / wine tasting.

I love to golf and work out. Want to golf in my new skorts and feminine tops, also I work out in leggings and cute girl tops, so I say the best of both worlds. It is OK to do masculine things while being dressed in a feminine manner. Love to all, God Bless

Yes , i did an apprentiship in the automotive trade .
      Some times that ment lifting heavy metal objects .
      Dirt stuck under my finger nails .
      I have a intrest in tractors , engines trucks etc .
      Rhonda

Jess
      Lady

my phones acting up on this post, sorry

Jess
      Lady

I don’t know if sculpting is really masculine, but I like horror monsters and have made some with various materials like clay and foam. I also have a fascination with video game swords and weapons, and have made various miniatures. Recently though before I found out I like to cross dress, it started for me by making some rings for myself with my other crafting techniques from braided wires to simple bands. I’ve since bought some nicer metal rings that tend to be too small, so I have to technically break them and repair to fit my hands. Takes a bit of practice and they don’t always look super nice, but from far away they look really pretty.

Hi, my main hobby is reading and writing fantasy (magic and swordmen) which isn’t really gender specific, I think the only hobby that might get classed as masculine is my flying of drones which I try to do once a week weather permitting, apart from that I guess its the usual of computers and cooking

[postquote quote=708890]

I too am a hobbyist wood worker / furniture maker. I make small tables, chairs, benches etc. preferably out of recycled wood. Often working with power tools… plenty of splinters and cuts (maybe I’m not so handy 😉 )

And sometimes I arc weld some metal, for example to make a lamp.

[EDIT: Oh yes, I too collect whiskies as a hobby]

Emily
      Lady

I enjoy hunting, fishing, camping, boating, riding motorcycles, and shopping for girly things.

Have many hobbies, some are a bit more feminine than others.  I do a lot of woodworking, gardening, camping,  baking and cooking (often times I underdress or dress for these activities   Love to hike and bike, read. I also spend some hobby time working becoming a bit more fem and have some  full on stephanie time

My masculine hobbies are being a lazy beer drinking womanizer, taking care of my 5,5 acre park and doing some archery. Years ago I was into medieval reenactment.

Reading a lot, mostly biography, science and nature. And of course CDing  and hanging out on crossdresser heaven.

Natalie Dane
      Duchess

Hi Fiona-Ann,

My hobbies mostly revolve around raising my kids.
      Video gaming
      Board games
      Hiking/Camping
      Hockey – watching mostly, but I do love playing as well!
      Playing music – I’ve owned many guitars since I picked up during high school. I mostly play electric bass.

Interests of mine that I’d like to delve into include:
      Blade-smithing
      Blacksmithing
      Woodworking
      Ceramics/pottery

-Natalie

Harriette
      Lady

My main male oriented hobby, right now, has to be virtual car racing. I started learning how in 2003 and have found only a handful of females play, even though some of them can be really competitive. I recently met one who claims to be intersex, although I haven’t discussed that with her yet.

I also have dabbled in electronics and I am currently trying to learn how to put together an off-grid data collection station. Not sure how many females are into that kind of thing.

Recently, I also am trying to get a specific cable adapter designed and manufactured, for using normal headsets with cordless phone handsets, for better hands free usage. There doesn’t seem to be one available and the usual call-centre headsets suck.

I also do the usual non-gender specific hobbies, such as reading and gardening, etc.

And, of course, I am experimenting with crossdressing. How male focused is that?

Viewing 54 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?