• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi girls

My “Mark 1” post on this subject covered the contrast between my SO getting all frosty after she found an oldish photo of Caty, (Dressing Service London UK, mid 90’s), whilst all the while being on her sewing machine altering a man’s shirt for her daughter to wear as part of a work uniform!!

That was bad enough, but here’s a link to a very detailed article on women (OK tailored for them)…. suits with pants and on top of that, someone is marketing “female boiler suits”.

https://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/suit-yourself-re-thinking-the-power-suit-for-modern-women-20190410-p51cwb.html

It is my fervent hope that the “CDH powers that be” wont consider this link to be “commercial” cos without it this post is meaningless.

And just like last time…. all together now.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When are we ever gunna see a similar article that goes into the same detail about tailoring a stunning ball gown/summer dress/(insert favorite female garment here) etc etc for men….

Happy dressing, (well I will be happy again once I’ve cooled down from this lot)

Caty

Jane Doe
      Lady

Time to commandeer that sewing machine and learn how to do alterations for yourself. Then you can start writing articles!

Anonymous

Total agreement with Stephanie. Dresses for men, heels for men, no, thank you.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

Lets see now, during WWII women did wear pants/trousers while in factory but soon changed when they left. Some did dare to keep them on outside factory also but they where few. It wasn’t until 60s and 70s that wearing pants became acceptable to wear for women. That means 70-40=30 years.
      Given that changes in mens fashion to me seems to be way slower I would guess about 60 years from now at best before it would be somewhat acceptable for a man to wear a dress.

And regarding double standard, if a man come to a costume party as a women superstar/superhero (wonderwomen, cat woman, disney pricess, lady gaga…) he is of course weird, gay and someone to stay away from. A women coming as robin hood, spiderman or so – sexy and cool.

Anonymous

BOOM, the head of the nail was just hammered. bitchen post Melissa.

Anonymous

I bought a slip over tight fit dress in maroon dark, added hose and heels and looked like a charming hostess, the simple can work every time. give me a reason for something  more and I will look hard at it.

Caty.

Like you said ‘AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!’

Also, female boilersuits – just why????

I bet we never ever ever see ads for fem clothing altered to male proportions, mores the pitty.

Take care Caty.

Anne-Marie.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I agree with those who posted about not wanting to wear women’s clothes tailored for men. I was just making the age old point that in this case, society has allowed “the goose” to have far more latitude in her “finery” than the “gander”.

Caty

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?