• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi girls,

In the news today:

Gerry and the Pacemakers’ emotional melody You’ll Never Walk Alone has topped the annual music chart of the most popular songs at funerals.

According to the Co-op Funeralcare, the song has been played at an estimated 9,500 funerals over the past year, taking over from perennial favourite, Frank Sinatra’s My Way.

It spent four weeks at number one in 1963, and was covered by Michael Ball, Sir Captain Tom Moore and the NHS Voices of Care Choir last April to raise money for charity.

The anthem is also famously the team song for Liverpool Football Club.

– not a bad choice, I’m inclined to say. If you’ve never heard it – well tut, tut, sort it out!

Marti xxx

Prudence
      Ambassador

Hi Marti! You would think I would know this song, being Liverpool is my Favorite English FC. And I’m fond of a little band the started there. I hope you give a Girl from the states a break. giggle. I like the song. Just gave it a listen. Unfortunately I always walk  alone. Hugs!

Anonymous

Hi Pru,

Of course you get the break 😉

… and no, you’ll never walk alone while you’ve got this place to come to.

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Marti….

It’s one of those songs that has seemed to crop up….all through my life really….how fitting it’s now being used to see people off on their last journey too…

Personally I love sixties music and it’s always been on my playlists…somewhere…..

love Frank too!!!…..

I would love ” she did it her way” on my tombstone!!

Grace x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?