Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

What jobs or businesses are likely to employ a passable crossdresser?

The most obvious is work from home. I bet in the fashion industry…that would be a strong shot, fashion and beauty.

Anonymous
      Lady

Many jobs now a days you can get working from home so that’s a huge plus! Or you could do like door dash or a food delivery service where you have very little interaction with your bosses.
      ❤️ Megan

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Since becoming full time after retirement nearly six years ago I have worked in retail and Social Care. After retirement, on the first tranche of applying, I applied for jobs in those sectors and also a driving job and catering. I gave them my background that I was a non op trans person and was invited for interviews for all the positions. I had very fair and proper interviews and failed one, one I didn’t want and three offers. I had no issues with any of the procedures and how I was treated within the companies I have worked. Had things been different I could have easily come out in my pre retirement role and know it wouldn’t have been an issue but I chose not to. I had an interesting conversation with the daughter of a friend who had started with an airline as flight crew. She was saying about the training she had done and the job itself. I mused with her that I would have loved to have been a hostess and she said, to my amazement, why didn’t I ! Obviously she knows I am Trans but her primary encouragement was about my age which she said wouldn’t be an issue as there were a few that were about the age I am and that I was a damn sight more qualified than most of her intake! In fact just the other day Virgin announced that flight crew and ground staff could wear whatever uniform they wished! So the world is really ours now!

To be honest there are few jobs that I wouldn’t apply for that I felt qualified for and would like to do. This is how it is to me in my corner of the U.K. There are Trans bus drivers, lorry drivers, politicians, medics, nurses and just about any job or profession you can think of so the world of work is quite open.

Ask the same question of me fifty years ago it would have been Drag Queen, Pantomime dame, actor or something more seedy….

Well, I’m not very passable, but I work at a university and dress up sometimes for work. I don’t know what other campuses are like, but I expect most universities would be pretty open to a wide variety of people.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Things have changed a lot in the last 10 years.  I think most sectors have become more accepting of diversity.  Since the start of the pandemic, many employers are experiencing chronic staff shortages, and will hire anyone that can do the job.  That opens a lot of possibilities that didn’t exist a few years ago.  However, any workplace that’s fueled on toxic masculinity would be off my list.  For example, building trades, public works/utilities, military contractors, public safety.  It pays to do your research.

Ster Eleo
      Lady

Find a temp agency.  They allocate applicants to many universal / skilless jobs.  Don’t use them – apply direct for better work conditions like probation and benefits. I used to work in a call center b2b bank. You have your own box (cubicle) . I’ve painted my toes at work… 2nd shift and no managers there to tell me about cover sheets on my tps reports.  I also messed up by not telling my new found gg friends to dress me up before taking me to a lesbian bar they wanted to go to so no jerk guys would hit on them. (WHY didn’t  I think! This opportunity was HANDED to me!).  With some embellishment, I could write short stories, and I may one day, from my experiences and opportunities dressing here.

on the flipside, this diversity inclusion equity can be thrown in an employers face to your benefit, because they will hire you to check a box.  This is my plan next advancement.  It is more resume points among all the other ones!  I’m in a highly skilled profession, and they NEED to check this box.

go get em!

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Ster Eleo.
      Anonymous

You can dress any way you want for work at home employment, or not dress at all if you have towel to sit on. That defeats the purpose of Samantha’s question for a ‘passable crossdresser’ employment.

Thet depends on your presentation and confidence. Unlike full time ladies, 8+ hours enfemme is a daunting task for a CD. Of course previous experience and skills have to be considered.

Many mid-level office jobs are available, only HR will know your true identity. Maybe I’m missing something here. Why would one want to be hired as a CD instead as a woman? Isn’t that that the point of dressing as a woman? Apply for jobs as a woman! Only your SS# or ID will ‘out’ you.

Thank you Eileen, you beat me to the punch! I was going to ask the question but I will quote you instead
        as you’ve put it so perfectly.

“Many mid-level office jobs are available, only HR will know your true identity. Maybe I’m missing something here. Why would one want to be hired as a CD instead as a woman? Isn’t that that the point of dressing as a woman? Apply for jobs as a woman! Only your SS# or ID will ‘out’ you.”

Why are you trying to get a job as a woman? If you want to be one or seen as one, I would consider you a trans woman, not a CD. As Eileen puts it, 8+ hours enfemme is a daunting task for a CD.
        How well do you pass, or present as a woman? If you don’t, and you’re trying to work where you’re seen by the public, it isn’t going to be very fun at all.

I am transgender/intersex, have known that for almost forever, I have many feminine physical attributes and facial features, and I speak with a feminine voice, so I pass and have transitioned and live and work legally as a woman. I know I am fortunate in that I do pass fairly easily, there are some other ladies here on CDH who easily pass and could probably be employed as a woman, Carmen Cruz comes to mind, along with Angela Booth who already lives and works as a woman.

Just some thoughts and observations regarding this topic.

Hugs girls,

Ms. Lauren M

I’ve been to Sephora and Ulta a few times and been told that they didn’t know i was a man until I opened my mouth. I’ve also just begun corresponding with Karen from Femme Fever. She’s a cd/transgender consultant on makeup, etc… improving the look.

Sorry for the confusion. Perhaps I should have said “employed en femme “.

Anonymous
      Lady

I think most of us would love a job in some lingerie dept or female clothing store. I’ve heard that Torrid will hire CD’s.

Anonymous

Don’t forget employee discounts!

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Retail?  Hell no!  The way some customers are?  I’d be fired on my 1st day!

Hi Samantha
      Hairdressers and Beauty parlours do, so does the Modelling agencies.
      Love Sarah
      xx

my friend works at lovers lane store.  he lets me come hang out while he works.  he cross dresses also.  I would always wear YOga leggings and a short t shirt.

he was wearing bras and skirts already and getting them at the store.

I would hang out all day with him…

in summer I wore white yoga pants and a white tanga panty from lu lu lemon.   and tight tank top….

my friend said when I got there wow nice panties.. I said yes today we show them.. he took pictures they were sexy.

we had many customers.

Gail Rich
      Lady

Radio DJ

In my workplace I don’t care what you wear as long as the job gets done

Hi Sam, I agree with you, when I made the reply we were talking about working as a CD, as unfortunate as it seems, a person who wanted to work while crossdressed may find there are some obstacles.

Hugs girlfriend,

Ms. Lauren M

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?