- hoops earrings
- dangly earrings
- stud earrings
- i dont wear earrings
- other (explain)
- November 16, 2020 at 4:47 pm #407389Rachel CrossParticipantRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 154Has thanked: 909 timesBeen thanked: 793 times
i have alot of earrings. about 30+ pair. my favorite ones are the dangly ones. but since i have to wear a mask now i use the studs. i have a pair of dangly pink guitar earrings i like. a pair of rainbow colored heart studs i like and a pair of small gold hoops. what type do you like?
- November 21, 2020 at 10:18 am #409117Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 564Has thanked: 3216 timesBeen thanked: 2895 times
Hoops hoops hoops and more hoops.
I would love my ears pierced, but this moment in time, I can’t because of work….but believe me, they will be pierced!!? but I have some clip on diamante hoops in diff sizes …and i love them…..like shiny mirror balls.
Love grace 💋
- November 19, 2020 at 7:37 pm #408541Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1494Has thanked: 2514 timesBeen thanked: 4607 times
- November 19, 2020 at 3:03 pm #408458Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 70Replies: 670Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 2013 times
- November 18, 2020 at 6:00 pm #408153Paula FParticipantRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 650Has thanked: 1186 timesBeen thanked: 2306 times
I chose dangly as my favorite, but they have to be clip-on ones. I have been saved since finding the conversion kits to change pierced ones into clip-ons, and my collection has grown almost exponentially. Rachel, you say you have about 30 pair, if you would like some more, I have a nice big jewelry box with nothing but earrings in it, and I have NO idea how many are there. My absolute favorite ones though are kept on an earring board on my vanity, or in one of my roll-up travel kits, and I have the matching necklaces (or close) to about half of them.
A very good place I have found to get some of the prettiest are at the resale/thrift stores and consignment shops. You can find some of the prettiest antique costume jewelry at the consignment shops also. I only buy the brooches, pins and necklaces and only clip-on earrings, not pierced.
- November 18, 2020 at 1:56 pm #408030Caroline OBrienParticipantRegistered On: April 18, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 46Has thanked: 83 timesBeen thanked: 177 times
Awesome timing for this posting!!
I have 3 pairs of clip on hoop earrings which I absolutely love.
My bride has been encouraging me to get my ears pierced which I’m considering.
I’m not sure how earrings would work in my drab life.
Really enjoying this topic!!
- November 17, 2020 at 8:44 pm #407780Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 70Replies: 670Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 2013 times
- November 17, 2020 at 6:46 pm #407756Bobbi WattParticipantRegistered On: February 17, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 14Has thanked: 151 timesBeen thanked: 91 times
HI girls I like big hoop earrings but sometimes I put dangly ones into they hang in the middle of my hoop ones. Me and my wife went to get tattoos one day and there was only one tattoo artists and one piercing artist . While my wife was getting a tattoo I decided to get my ears pierced big holes 19 gauge cool right. I was thinking i could take them out and go to work wrong I had to keep them in for a year . I am a trade person and work with some real crude guys but really I didn’t get to hard of a time any ways when I am dressed up I look better then most of the women around here lol . I do but my wife still looks prettier then me and she is my best supporter . I try to do more and more to be who I am
- November 17, 2020 at 2:27 pm #407702JessParticipantRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 5Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 19 times
- November 17, 2020 at 2:11 pm #407699DeeAnn HopingsParticipantRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 671Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 1649 times
I can’t get my ears pierced. What is the best kit so I can still wear studs etc
thanks and kisses
Have a look at: cliponearrings.com
- November 17, 2020 at 2:00 pm #407692DeeAnn HopingsParticipantRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 671Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 1649 times
- November 17, 2020 at 8:12 am #407552Deborah SullivanParticipantRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 359Has thanked: 1436 timesBeen thanked: 1222 times
- November 17, 2020 at 7:48 am #407546
- November 17, 2020 at 6:15 am #407515Lucinda HawknsParticipantRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1177Has thanked: 74 timesBeen thanked: 1156 times
I buy nothing but dandle ear rings for it gives me that more female look and love to feel the dandle when I walk and also look really great on me when I am dressed up.
- November 17, 2020 at 5:55 am #407509Kathryn Lynn PetersParticipantRegistered On: October 10, 2016Topics: 5Replies: 79Has thanked: 441 timesBeen thanked: 307 times
I had my ears pierced last December after coming out to my wife…I wore studs for the first 6 weeks but love wearing dangly ones! My wife buys me beautiful danglers for my birthday and Christmas! Makes being femme more fun!
- November 17, 2020 at 5:50 am #407508Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 624Has thanked: 2851 timesBeen thanked: 3051 times
I will admit this has been going through my head for a few weeks now. At the moment I only have a few pairs of clip ons, but there are sooo many to choose from if you have pierced ears. And I love the delicate looking dangling ear rings – so feminine in my mind. I dont do rings ( boney knuckles ) and necklaces aren’t enough!! So I may need to do this. I’ve got pretty fleshy earlobes, this might sting a bit😮
- November 19, 2020 at 8:33 am #408339Mary FrancisParticipantRegistered On: April 29, 2016Topics: 1Replies: 15Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 68 times
I just pierced my ears 5 days ago. I got tired of wearing clip-on earrings. I could only stand the pressure on my ear lobes for about 90 minutes. Also, the availability of clip-ons are much more limited than the pierced variety. I bought ear piercing kits on line for less than $5.00 per kit. After reading the simple instructions, click, click and I was done. No pain. No bleeding. The only person to notice so far was my wife. Her only comment was, “Where did you get it done?” When I told her I did it myself, she was relieved I didn’t risk COVID exposure to get it done. I plan to leave the piercing studs in place for a week before I switch them out for my dangly ones.
Ear piercings are popular among male professional athletes. So what others don’t know, don’t hurt them.
- November 17, 2020 at 5:34 am #407502BigBangtheoryParticipantRegistered On: January 14, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 70Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 280 times
Currently I have a lot of clip on earrings that I have found at estate sales and on Ebay. I have some that only if you look closely, they appear to be for pierced ears. I recently have also found the magnetic type that very realistically appears to be for pierced ears and come in very small and demure styles. I love small hoops and the smaller dangling ones. I always worry about losing one while taking my mask off. In a recent conversation with my wife, she stated “ we need to get your ears pierced like a real girl”! I was both pleased and surprised and her acceptance of Stephanie always amazes me. Stephanie
- November 17, 2020 at 5:29 am #407499Kelli MarloweParticipantRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 18Has thanked: 167 timesBeen thanked: 121 times
- November 17, 2020 at 2:03 am #407462Carolyn KayParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 17Replies: 207Has thanked: 1010 timesBeen thanked: 936 times
I just love earrings, especially the dangly ones. I wish I could have my ears pierced but my wife, for now, is drawing the line there. If my ears were pierced I know I would wear studs all the time except for special times where the dangly ones would take their place.
- November 16, 2020 at 9:51 pm #407440LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 4Replies: 354Has thanked: 841 timesBeen thanked: 694 times
Rachel, thank you for an interesting topic.
For now pierce earrings are out of the question.
However, earrings are very essence of femininity.
I have embraced clip-ons. As the poll indicates, I too like dangly earrings and I have just purchased silver and gold hoops..I envy ladies who have the opportunity to pierce their ears.. You have so many for which to choose..xx Leonara
- November 16, 2020 at 8:21 pm #407422DeeAnn HopingsParticipantRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 671Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 1649 times
The wording seems to suggest earrings for pierced ears and mine are not. Due to arthritis I don’t have enough flexibility in my shoulders and elbows, so I have clip-ons. I do have some dangly earrings, but most are fixed rounds or squares, with the exception of my copper ones. They include a number of abstract designs. Many of those pieces go back to just after WW2 and possibly earlier. So, if I had to pick favorites, it wouldn’t be a particular style. It would be by material. The copper ones present some different accessorizing possibilities…
- November 16, 2020 at 7:12 pm #407416T.J. ByronParticipantRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 237Has thanked: 1917 timesBeen thanked: 865 times
I only wear vintage ” clip on s”.
Too many pairs to count, gold, silver, stones, you name it!! Love earrings!
Have a 4 draw small chest to keep separated.
- November 16, 2020 at 7:08 pm #407413Jill SweetParticipantRegistered On: November 2, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 65Has thanked: 69 timesBeen thanked: 279 times
- November 17, 2020 at 2:07 pm #407693
- November 16, 2020 at 6:15 pm #407405Sandy JaysonParticipantRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 232Has thanked: 547 timesBeen thanked: 966 times
So far I usually wear studs, but only having my ears pierced for less than 3 months I have not had a lot of chances to try other styles. As time goes on I will be trying hoops and dangling earrings. I’m excited to try them to see how they look on me.
- November 16, 2020 at 5:05 pm #407393Rei DurdenParticipantRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 451Has thanked: 2814 timesBeen thanked: 1678 times
I’ve been toying with the idea of piercing my ears, but have to check into the jewelry policy at work in that regard.
I know you have to leave studs in for a certain period of time so I have to time some upcoming holidays to make that work.
I’ve never worn any jewelry at all in my life (even my wedding ring) and pierced ears sounds incredibly feminine, it’s actually a little intimidating!
- November 17, 2020 at 4:38 am #407486Sally DrinkwaterParticipantRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 227Has thanked: 47 timesBeen thanked: 760 times
I had my left ear pierced on a whim while having a haircut in 1971, It was quite a fashion statement back then for a guy to wear a single earing. It was a couple of years before I had the courage to have the other ear done.
Since then I guess I have tried the whole range from studs, hoops and retro discs, I bought several different colours of discs to match different outfits.
I never regretted having them done and doubt whether anyone has ever noticed the tiny holes when I wasn’t wearing them.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.