Viewing 27 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

In the excitement of being dressed as Denise I have had a number of occasions that a song has played on the radio or has started to play from my playlist that have brought a smile to my face and enhanced the experience of being en femme.

I remember being dressed in a long blonde wig, makeup, black short sleeve dress with sheer black stockings and shoes and on comes Shania Twain’s “I Feel Like a Woman”. Just summed up to a tee how I felt.

A bit more of a comical occasion I was dressed in a long blonde wig, makeup with a black top and a short bright pink skirt. I had those pantyhose that are skin like coloured but really shiny and bright pink high heels. Aqua’s song “I’m a Barbie Girl” starts playing and I couldn’t help but laugh as at the time I sure looked like one.

Has anyone else ever had a time where a song has lifted your dressing experience or just have a favourite song for when you are en femme.

I forgot to add in my original post that in these hard times I posted this as I thought to think of something that brought a smile to our face in the past just might bring another one to our face in the present.

Hi Denise you hit it with Shania Twains ” I feel like a woman ” that really does it for me wow what a lady and her song .

Stephanie

I don’t have a particular song in mind, but I love just about anything by Stevie Nicks.  That Lady dresses, and carries herself in such a feminine way.  I’ve never seen her try to dress or act or talk like a man.  Yes, she has had her problems in the past, but her music just lifts my feminine self when I hear her.

The Indigo Girls are another couple of ladies that can be pretty serious about societal problems in their music, but also how to have a good time with yourself in life and not take some things so darn serious.

My old desktop computer has 9.65 DAYS of non-stop music on it and easily half of it is composed of women artists giving us the gift of music.  Songs from China Kantner (Grace Slick and Paul Kantner’s daughter) singing in a bathtub as a young girl of 4 or 5, to Bette Midler telling Sofie Tucker stories.

PaulaF

I’ve been focusing on raising the pitch of my voice, so it sounds more feminine. I have a disk of the 80’s girl band “The Bangles” in my vehicle. I sing along to the lead singer, Susanna Hoff’s stanzas. This always puts me in a girly mind set, whether I’m dressed en fem or not.

Hi Denise

Dancing Queen (ABBA), I’m Coming Out (Diana Ross), I Will Survive(Gloria Gaynor),Higher Love(Whitney Houston), New Rules(Dua Lipa),Good as Hell(Lizzo),Pon de Replay(Rihanna),Taylor Swift(Me),Bang Bang(Jessie J),Hold my Hand(Jess Glynne),Lush Life(Zara Larrson)… I like to dance😊

❤️B

I suppose anything by the BGs.

Anonymous

I’m with you on Shania Twain feel like a woman  Van Halen beautiful girls too. Motley Crue girls girls girls  both make me smile too always love Ac/Dc whole lotta Rosie. (My kind of woman) the kinks Lola is a classic too among others

Dude Looks like a Lady works for me!

Hi Denise I love the topic ,

This is a fun one.

As you said my favorite is Shania “I feel like a woman”

I also like several Taylor swift songs my fav is “Delicate”

She is just the quintessential woman to me.

others  “wild women do” Natalie Cole

“single ladies” Beyonce

No specific song, but Jaz tends to listen to ” girly pop”, acts like Katy Perry, Pink, Fergie, and Lady Gaga, as opposed to the guitar driven classic rock or heavy metal that is Jay’s usual playlist.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Carole King’s, “You make me feel like a natural woman” has yet to get a mention.

Surprising?? or am I just showing my “maturity”.

Caty

Anonymous

How about (I want to break free) from Queen, i love the video when they are dressed up x

Terri
      Lady

Well mine is Teena Marie- Ooh La La in a YouTube video from Soul Train. The lady had some pipes and love her dress.

Anonymous

Songs from Frozen and the Little Mermaid.    I find  myself dancing to the songs from Frozen.

Boy George’s The Crying Game (from movie of the same name) – that song always puts me in a femme frame of mind 🙂

Isabel
      Lady

Hey girls,

I usually sing along with artists like Katy Perry, P!Nk when trying to feminise my voice.  Though not necessarily a favourite, I found one of Katy Perry’s songs (Part of Me) quite appropriate.

Hugs,

Isabel

Samantha Joan
      Hostess

Hi Denise

What a great topic, it’s nice to see so much feedback and a real mix of songs.

Samantha does have her own playlist, normally to get me in the dressing mood and also to time doing my makeup, 20/30 minutes is usually the average to get my face on.

Key tracks for me..

Taylor Swift – Style

Celine Dion – Courage

Lady Gaga – Born This Way

Madonna – Express Youself

It does get added to often…

Hugs,

Samantha x x

Without a shadow of doubt, Shania Twain.

Jessica

Hi Denise,

Great post!

For me…

Groove Is In the Heart – Deee-Lite

Are You Gonna Go My Way – Lenny Kravitz

Wicked Game – Chris Isaak

Give It Away – Red Hot Chili Peppers

and…  anything Latin 🙂  a girl’s gotta dance!

Patty Phose
      Duchess

The Bitch Is Back.

Love me some T-Swift!   The whole 1989 album…. Yum! Love it!

-SR-

Thanks so much to everyone who responded and suggested your favourite girl songs. After seeing your suggestions I have taken it a further step and started creating my en femme playlist. (I actually called it Dance Tunes as you girls are the only people who know about me being Denise) I have added all your suggestions plus these listed below.

Bananarama Venus

Stevie Nicks Rooms on Fire

Cyndy Lauper Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Chaka Khan I’m Every Woman

KAY Smith
      Lady

Girls just want to have FUN!!!!

Girl You’ll Be a Woman Soon –  Urge Overkill , used in the film Pulp Fiction

Anonymous

“I Enjoy Being a Girl”, from the 1960 film “Flower Drum Song”…vocal by Nancy Kwan

Anonymous

I don’t have any particular song that revs me up when enfemme, but your post brings one to my memory which might help you.  While listening to an “oldies” station on my car radio the other day they played a little ditty from perhaps the 1960’s or even ’50’s.  I don’t remember all the lyrics, but enough for you to google it or maybe look it up on Lyrics Freak or similar site.  Anyway, the part I remember went something like this:  “Denise scooby-do, I’m in love with you…….”  It was a cute little tune.  Happy hunting!

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

When doing the house-work in skimpy clothes………..”I See You Baby….” by Groove Armada…………………….When alone and thinking about my CD and the conflict and distance it creates with binary friends and relatives…………”Better Off Alone…” by Alice Deejay……..It saddens me…….but I am happier….………….traveling without them…………..karley

Almost anything by Madonna does it for me!

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?