Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

With the weather improving, the urge to get out dressed has been overwhelming. I still worry about the Rona but I am an avid mask wearer and finally got out again.

I went to a local drag show. Normally, I would head over to Kansas City where people are a little more open minded in general. But considering that it was a drag show, I felt like it was a safe environment to be Mika.

I have a new blonde wig which you all have probably noticed. I have been itching to try it out because it’s much more natural looking than my more expensive name brand wig (I may post more about that later). When my wife told me about the upcoming show, I knew exactly what I wanted to wear. I knew my makeup takes me almost two hours and I knew I would have several nicks from my razor after shaving so I planned accordingly.

On my first time out, I forgot a coat and it was near freezing. I did remember all of my planned outfit and accessories but I forgot a wig cap in the excitement. It didn’t seem to make any difference and all went well.

I thought I heard one person comment that they didn’t know if I was a woman or a man at first. It didn’t bother me at all. I realized that, being at a drag show, people in the crowd probably expected to see people like myself in attendance. So, being clocked was kinda good because it helps to show that we are here. I felt like it was a safe enough environment to be clocked in. I even chatted with a GG when I needed a light for my cigarette because that was the one other thing I left at home. I didn’t hide the fact that I was trans but she had probably already figured that out herself.

There were, at least, two others in the crowd like me. Hopefully, they won’t wait too long to have another drag show. I should be in a qualifying vaccine tier by then and I won’t have to overly stress about my mask next time. As such, I would be more inclined to socialize and try to find out more about a possible local trans/crossdresser scene.

I do have a couple pictures. One is just a plain ol’ selfie. But the other is me with the drag queens after the show. They are both posted in my Public Photos. You can see the outfit I picked out there.

Whatever you do, have fun!

Anonymous

Mika….

Sounded like a blast, love the pic with the drag queens…also I just wanted to say I love your profile pic…. there’s been a few wonderful profile pictures slowly appearing on this site….it’s lovely to see

Grace xx

Thank you, Grace. As always, you’re so sweet. By the way, partially inspired by you, I bought a pair of oversized cats eye sunglasses for my future public outings. They haven’t arrived yet. But I’m excited about them.

Anonymous

Mika…

I’m partially flattered… haha x

Sounds amazing hun! I’m super happy for you.

hugs

Ashley❤️

Thanks for sharing this story of your latest outing to a drag show, it sounds like an enjoyable event to attend. BTW, great new blonde wig and profile photo.

Thank you so much, Brittney. I’ve always wanted to be a blonde, lol. The photo is cropped hard but it was the only one I had but just loved the wig. I’ll get one with better resolution next time.

Sounds like you had an amazing time, Mika!

I love drag shows – as you say, the audience seems to expect some of their number to “dress up”, so it’s a great place for a CD.

Can’t wait to see the pictures of you with the queens!

Love Laura

Thanks, Laura. I would post the picture here but an admin messaged me on a previous post that it wasn’t allowed. However, if you haven’t checked already, it’s in my public photos.

BTW, love your new profile pic.

Mika-

I wanted to go to that show with you so bad, but I was on a plane coming back from Hawaii.  (Bummer, right?)  I am so happy you had a good time!  I’ll join you for the next one.

In other news, I visited several tourist sites wearing my floral & white one-piece swimsuit and a sarong… so at least I joined you in spirit by dressing too!

So sorry you had to miss the show for Hawaii, lol. Yes, it was fun. But I did feel uncomfortable only because of all the people not wearing a mask. Before I took a drink of my beer, I would take a deep breath, chug a lot of it, and exhale as I was putting my mask back on. I only removed the mask for the photo with the queens and outside when I was having a cigarette. But being crossdressed felt perfectly natural.

That must have been so incredible wearing that swimsuit and sarong. I can’t even imagine!

I really really wish it would get just a wee bit warmer so we can get out and take advantage of outside dining and drinking. One of my GG friends that I came out to wants to do a drag brunch at Hamburger Mary’s sometime. But again, my concern is more about covid than anything else. The vaccine is supposed to be available to me (and everyone else) on April 9. I sooooo much am ready for some normalcy. My closet is full and I need to get out more. Plus, trail building isn’t for heels and skirts and I am having some withdrawals from all day dressing. I have been underdressing for so long that it feels too normal and just doesn’t satisfy that need like a cute dress or skirt.

I agree, Mika.  I’ve been too busy to do any dressing at home in months.  Hawaii was great, and I added a couple pictures in my profile.

Let me know if you would like me to come on that brunch to Hamburger Mary’s.  I’d love to go, and maybe hit a couple breweries down in KC!

Take care, and we’ll get back out soon enough.  🙂

You are more than welcome to go to Hamburger Mary’s. I don’t know if you know my friend or not. If you do know her and you want her to keep your crossdressing a secret, you can trust her. We can discuss her and the details when the time comes. I plan to get my vaccine as soon as possible. April 9 is the earliest date but there’s the availability issue.

Anonymous

Hi Mika, so glad you had a lovely outing.

I had a look at your pics and I think the Queens were quite in your shadow, you looked gorgeous!

Admiringly envious

Diana 💋

Thank you so much, Diana. You are so sweet. They literally were in the shadows since the white spotlight was on me. But I’m very flattered by your kind words.

Hugs,

Mika

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I saw that picture, and you all looked great, it must have been a great night.

I would love to take in a drag show dressed en femme. For me it wouldn’t be nearly as much fun if I wasn’t. It was in the 70’s a female friend took me to a drag show one night, as she thought I needed a certain kind of education! I haven’t been to one since.

Amy

Things were so much different back then. I was just a wee lad at the time and didn’t even know what drag was. Much less the difference between drag and crossdressing or being transgender.

I felt like a drag show was the perfect place to expose my conservative townsfolk to a transgender. Drag shows have kinda become acceptable to some extent but crossdressers and transgenders are not as common here. It was a perfect opportunity to show them that we are here and we are proud of who we are.

Thanks, Laura. I’m really glad I got that picture.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?