Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

The past three times that I have gone out, I wore a Trans Pride pin (or even more Trans Pride clothes) I don’t think I pass upon close inspection so I was curious if my openness about being transgender made a difference in the number of compliments that I get.

That being said, I was at a drag show, I was 6’ 5” tall with my heels on, and had one of the shortest skirts on in the crowd. The 5 inch (4 1/2 net) stiletto boots were the biggest attention getter of the night for me.

I seemed to get just as many compliments as when I was advertising I am transgender. So I think that I probably wasn’t fooling anyone (again, the context may have been a factor). On a previous outing, just shopping, I got only one compliment and it was from a salesperson that had obviously clocked us. So, I have started wondering if there is a correlation between people’s willingness to compliment me if I don’t pass or make it obvious that I am trans.

I find it very interesting. And I have not been in stealth mode for a while (except my hight and the context last night made stealth mode kinda hard).

The exceptions came at the end of the night. I was smoking a cigarette by my car parked out on the street. I was noticing that I was turning heads as guys were driving by. I think that under the streetlights at night, driving by at 30 mph, those guys probably didn’t know what the glamazon was packing.

The experiment is ongoing. I continue to do nail art on my long nails, manicure my eyebrows pencil thin, and wearing earrings when in drab. I’m stepping up to more feminine earrings in drab, as well. Women love the nails and it’s quite a conversation starter. I should probably go out shopping again sometime en femme to change the context of the outing and wear a bit more modest skirt with lower heels (I have no flats other than white tennis shoes) and see how everything goes.

Pictures from last night are posted in my private gallery here:

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/members/trailgirl/mediapress/july-17th-drag-show/

“Glamazon was packing!”

LMAO

Great adventures you are having Mika!

LOL. Living the dream! Thanks, Rei.

Anonymous
        Lady

I loved that as well!! Hilarious!

Anonymous

Awesome post Mika, will steal ‘glamazon’, too good.

— Abbie 🥰

I stole that from someone, too. It was months ago and I don’t even remember who I stole it from.

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

Sounds like you are having the time of your  life Mika. I think the shirts you are wearing make people feel more comfortable because it leaves less mystery. It gets them past wondering what this beautiful glamazon is and gets them to the point where they are at ease and want to talk to you . Have fun with the experiment, let us know how it goes.

Thanks, Melanie. I have recently decided to take my shirts to the next level. I bought a bunch of crop tops. Sure, they show my larger rib cage and my broad shoulders. But I am beyond worrying about passing. It’s situational of course. I’m just having so much fun seeing what works despite early hesitation into more revealing styles.

I think it is always great for Trans people to be out whether we are clocked or not. I do think if you dressed to blend you would pass but glad you are out there just like you are.

Thank you, Trish. This is one reason I enjoy the drag shows so much. I can stand out and not have to give a F about passing. It would be different just going to the mall. But it’s just so much fun getting all that attention.

Next week is the Fetish Ball Helloween. I may not stand out so much but I’m gonna try.

Great post Mika and very thought-provoking, I haven’t been out yet but I imagine the answer to that question is if a CD passes there would be a lack of compliments given people would assume the person is a GG. Whether the CD who doesn’t pass gets a compliment would probably most likely depend on the type of people who are in that area. The more progressive and CD/trans friendly the town is obviously, the more likely the CD would get complimented especially all dolled up.

Totally, Jess. I don’t really like dressing, in general, in my hometown. The exception being the drag shows I have been going to. It’s definitely a more progressive crowd. For just going to the mall, I prefer to go to a larger city where people are more accepting.

Thank you, Lisa. I am truly enjoying being myself. If I am passing, it isn’t doing a lot to help us gain acceptance. Plus, I would rather not pass and keep getting all the compliments and attention from genetic girls than pass and just be another face in the crowd.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?