Tagged: ,

• This topic has 25 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 21 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I go out shopping and doing pretty much what ever I want as a girl but for me the biggest challenge is going out to eat by myself, well today I did it  , drove straight to the mall ,and walked into one of the breweries dressed and by my self. Granted it was 2:30 most of the lunch crowd was gone.  It went well. I ordered jumblia had water to drink and after I was done I used the ladies restroom. Every time I go out I gain confidence

Hi Vanessa, a win for you. Picking a later time too have lunch is a smart way to gain confidence. We ladies need to challenge ourselves as to where we go, time of day/night, what we dress in.
      After some time I found that some people were shocked and had grump wtitten on their face, other people just smiled.
      So hold your head up. When I buy clothing, makeup, I use my femme name. In shops they call me Jane.
      A confidence boost.
      SO Vanessa live your life. We deserve it.
      Jane

Hi Vanessa a great confidence builder you got this girlfriend and thanks for the update .. Now girl when is the next lunch date he he make it soon for a better build up ..

Stephanie

Anonymous

Ordering jambalaya with water at a brewery? Congrats on your confidence, wine or beer would have been a better choice.

Eileen

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Nice Vanessa! I have been out to eat 3 times now. I was a little nervous the first time but am very comfortable now.

Bravo Vanessa.

Anonymous

Way to go, Vanessa.

Vanessa:

That’s how it works…

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I do a lot by myself too. Being solo lends you to focus more on yourself. I think mostly because you don’t really have any other distractions. Going out alone is something that you rarely see a GG do. They almost always have someone else like a GF along. Giving you someone else to focus on, instead of yourself.

I don’t let any of this stop me, I just remind myself of it from time to time. I must admit that it would be so much more fun to have a GF to get together with some times.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Vanessa, you have it exactly right. try going out first when it is not busy., build your confidence. Step up to the line of your comfort zone, soon it become so much easier.

thats great

I am quite comfy eating out with a friend but still self conscious of doing it alone. I only do it at the fast food places like at the mall when alone. I have the need to feel busy and occupied and not a wallflower while out en femme

Deborah, I find that hard to believe of you.

Hi Deborah, great to see you out and about. Yes, we should tastefully chic, not timid when out enfemme. After aifelong struggle we should shows confidence and poise.
        Live life and enjoy
        Jane

it is an old prejudice in that I always saw women eating alone as one that was stood up for a date or appointment. Only time you see girls eating alone is in a hotel dining room

For most if my work life I traveled. I had some years where I had expense reports for 48 or 50 weeks out of 52. Sometimes I traveled with others, but most of the time I was by myself. I would always have a couple of magazines with me. Not the staple-in-the-center magazines, but ones that were bound and with color photos in heavy glossy paper. One of my all time favorites was (and still is) MOTORSPORT magazine from the UK. It’s a wonderful magazine as it has coverage of current racing, races from the past, road tests of current and past interesting or groundbreaking cars as well as articles about various companies (why they succeeded, why they failed, etc.). However, as time evolved, I would travel with various iPads that I have owned. Being a motorsports fans since childhood, reading about things that was interested in and didn’t have to cook was a Win/Win.

A very important thing is to act like you belong there.

No looking around to see who is looking at you.

No fidgeting.

No continual messing with your clothes or your hair.

Eye contact with the wait staff.

Say Thank You and Smile!

JOJO
      Lady

Vanessa, the last line in your post says it all: “ Every time I go out I gain confidence” So very true.

Terri
      Duchess

Big step. I’m so happy for you. The last time i ate out alone was at a nice diner I had been with a friend numerous times. The owner brought over a free piece of pie. It made my day
      Yours Terri

You go girl! It is always exciting to push the envelope a tiny bit. The more open we are with ourselves, the more the general population will become comfortable with us.

Vanessa –

What a wonderful experience for you.  Hope you get to enjoy more experiences like it in the future.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Anonymous

Congratulations on conquering another first! As all the other ladies said, big confidence boost.

Vanessa that’s amazing! So happy for you ❤️ xx

That’s fantastic to hear! Congratulations on taking that step and facing your challenge head-on. Going out to eat by yourself can indeed be a big step towards building self-confidence and independence. It’s like crafting an apple snicker salad – combining different elements to create a delightful outcome.

It sounds like you handled the situation with grace and ease, just like putting together the ingredients for a perfect apple snicker salad. You ordered your choice confidently, enjoyed your meal, and even utilized the ladies restroom comfortably.

Remember that every little step you take, whether it’s trying out new experiences or crafting something like an apple snicker salad, contributes to your personal growth and confidence. Keep pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone, and each positive experience will continue to reinforce your sense of accomplishment. Enjoy your journey of self-discovery and empowerment!

I have gone out to eat many times now while enfemme.  The first couple of times it was at a Denny’s and I was a bit self conscious about eating alone as most women will dine with a friend.  To get over this I brought along some work from the office to do while while sitting there.

When the waitress took my order she asked if she needed to rush my order since it looked like I was working.  I smiled and thanked her and told her that I was just catching up on some things for the next day.  She then made sure that set my order to the side of the table away from my work when she delivered it.

Now it more common to see a lone woman texting on her phone or personal tablet while having a coffee or lunch.  Dining alone though for dinner as a woman still is not that common (at least to me).  This might have some people take a second look just because one is alone.  That is why I usually take something that looks like work with me such as papers or a small tablet if I dining alone.

Anonymous

I have done this too and treated me like any normal woman.Plus no problems when I went into the women’s restroom.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?