- I carry it around from room to room
- I wear a fanny pack/pouch and put it in there
- I tuck it into a belt or the waistband of a skirt or pants
- I tuck it into my bra
- I leave it in one room and run after it if rings
- I leave it in one room and get messages later
- I wear clothing with pockets
- December 27, 2020 at 8:50 am #423726Alison AndersonParticipantRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 13Replies: 848Has thanked: 686 timesBeen thanked: 3569 times
I often struggle with what to do with my mobile phone when I am dressed at home. As I’m often wearing a skirt and top, I will sometimes tuck it into the waistband. But it isn’t very secure there. Occasionally I might tuck it into my bra, but it isn’t comfortable or sightly. Often I leave it in one room and just get messages later (or run after it if I hear it ringing).
Today I’m wearing a floor length velvet dress with a mock turtle neck. So I don’t have the ability to tuck it into a waistband, and reaching down the tight neckline is awkward. So I’m going to have to either remember to carry it with me from room to room, or wear a fanny pack.
I’m wondering how others deal with this. Since I have multiple strategies, I made this multiple choice. Pick up to 3 choices.
- July 9, 2022 at 10:13 am #661302Lauren MugnaiaDuchessRegistered On: November 1, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 350Has thanked: 3636 timesBeen thanked: 1875 times
I learned a while ago from watching the girls at work and my spouse, my iPhone is a small model and I tuck it into my bra. When I’m not at home it goes into my purse or handbag.
- July 9, 2022 at 6:01 am #661252Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 839Has thanked: 904 timesBeen thanked: 3769 times
I rarely turn on my cell when at home. I am still very old school so most of my communications are via email. Plus if I am expecting any calls it is via landline.
- July 8, 2022 at 5:24 pm #661176Trish WhiteBaronessRegistered On: December 2, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 357Has thanked: 1654 timesBeen thanked: 1351 times
Hi Alison, for me, I usually have it in my purse so it’s always with me. I don’t go anywhere with out my purse. I think it’s a good habit to get into.
- July 8, 2022 at 4:51 pm #661170Suzanne MartinHostessRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 233Has thanked: 1082 timesBeen thanked: 844 times
I carry mine with me from room to room. As I wear dresses and skirt/blouse combos that either don’t have pockets or the pockets are too small for a phone it is easier to carry it from room to room. As I only dress in the house I’ve never seen the need to carry a purse, but now I’m thinking that a purse would complete my outfit. Maybe I’ll try that next time I’m dressed.
- July 8, 2022 at 3:02 pm #661147JasmineRegistered On: June 8, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 119Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 315 times
Seeing as I came from the generation where we had pay phones I don’t really carry my phone that much around with me. If I’m at the house it depends on the outfit that I’m wearing like say maybe I’m wearing jeans or my shorts and I will slide it in my back pocket if I know there’s a call that I need to answer other than that I will just set it down and I don’t even think about it. If I’m out I usually will either have my purse or I’ll have my wrist clutch and I will stick my phone in there and even then it just depends on where I’m going
- January 18, 2021 at 11:36 pm #435205Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 766Has thanked: 51876 timesBeen thanked: 1888 times
I’d always carry it with me because I had to watch my time and change back to “male mode” before other family members returned home. I also needed it to take photos of my femme self.
- January 9, 2021 at 12:10 pm #430035Sandra JamesLadyRegistered On: December 27, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 24Has thanked: 434 timesBeen thanked: 172 times
- July 8, 2022 at 4:47 pm #661168Suzanne MartinHostessRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 233Has thanked: 1082 timesBeen thanked: 844 times
That’s an excellent idea. I was home alone one time and in the process of getting dressed when my wife called. I wasn’t paying attention and just answered the call only to find out it was a video call. She got upset to see that I was in the process of dressing and ended the call. We talked about it a couple days later and a few times after that and worked things out. Part of the problem was that she thought I no longer dressed because of a conversation we had previously. I won’t make that mistake again.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 8, 2021 at 12:54 pm #429485
- January 8, 2021 at 11:30 am #429448Terri JohnsonLadyRegistered On: April 28, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 39Has thanked: 368 timesBeen thanked: 214 times
- December 29, 2020 at 1:17 pm #424677June (Rei) DurdenLadyRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 1008Has thanked: 5926 timesBeen thanked: 4263 times
A fairly even split between carrying it room to room and just leaving it in another room and get messages later.
I will rarely run for it, but I’m getting pretty fast in my heels now……
- December 29, 2020 at 12:57 pm #424672HippieLadyRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 38Replies: 338Has thanked: 1354 timesBeen thanked: 1544 times
That’s an easy one for me. I never owned a cellphone to even worry about it.
So make things easy on yourself. Throw out the cellphone and get yourself a big rotary phone payphone. Then you can be like Superman, Superwoman or Supertrans depending on your case
- December 29, 2020 at 2:36 pm #424715Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 13Replies: 848Has thanked: 686 timesBeen thanked: 3569 times
- December 29, 2020 at 11:28 am #424636MartiDuchessRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 62Replies: 957Has thanked: 4975 timesBeen thanked: 4523 times
I guess I’m a bit of a luddite, so this may sound a little provocative.
I just don’t consider a mobile phone as a significant other. It lives wherever I last put it down, whether I’m dressed or not. I misplace it regularly, often forgetfully go out without it, and and so far the sky hasn’t fallen on my head. I can’t imagine stuffing it down bras or pants.
- December 29, 2020 at 9:25 am #424590Mary PriscillaDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: May 23, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 116Has thanked: 205 timesBeen thanked: 481 times
I replied “other.” I use a Bluetooth ear piece that allows me to leave my phone in one room but answer calls elsewhere in the house. You do need to make sure that you have ample router coverage. Otherwise, I am a bit stuck as most of my dresses do not have pockets.
- December 29, 2020 at 8:38 am #424579Rami LoveLadyRegistered On: November 30, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 86Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 269 times
- December 28, 2020 at 3:18 pm #424318Val’sheril StarsongLadyRegistered On: March 3, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 465Has thanked: 344 timesBeen thanked: 1166 times
A good deal of the time it’s actually on a tripod getting some good pics in… because I’m not going to go through all that effort with nothing to show for it! For the rest of the time it’s same as when I’m in drab, it sits on a charger in my living room (my place is very small so hearing/answering it isn’t much of a problem regardless where I happen to be).
- December 28, 2020 at 12:22 pm #424261KHeartLadyRegistered On: October 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 133Has thanked: 435 timesBeen thanked: 854 times
Well, It’s normally in my hand or close-by when I’m dressed at home as I’m normally taking pictures and selfies with it 😛
But when I’m not, I just leave it in my room to charge or whatever. I am fine not looking at it for a little while when I just want to relax in my feminine attire.
- December 28, 2020 at 10:09 am #424223Samantha RoarkeDuchessRegistered On: April 17, 2019Topics: 48Replies: 1713Has thanked: 6812 timesBeen thanked: 4012 times
- December 28, 2020 at 2:23 pm #424310AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Yip 😄 but our phones are our windows onto a beautiful world- need them close to the typing fingers.
EVERYONE here, has one if not two or three…
1 user thanked author for this post.
- December 28, 2020 at 11:59 am #424260AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I think you are answering my handbag issues… 🤔.
I think you may call it a continental shift to Africa 😄 but we carry money in a purse, a purse in a handbag… on a night out we may opt for limited cards and a few 100 Rand… then we would take a clutch (bag)… which is either held in the hand like a our money purses or on a light chain or thin belt over the shoulder…
Or maybe it is just a North South Hemisphere thing?… 😀🙃
- December 28, 2020 at 9:06 am #424184EmilyLadyRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 29Replies: 778Has thanked: 4773 timesBeen thanked: 2715 times
Mine is most always in the same place in my living room. When it’s not, it isn’t far away as we have a quite small house. I have done the tuck into bra thing occasionally as well. Since I’m retired, nobody calls except telemarketers anyway. My wife always sends text messages which give me the opportunity to respond later. Good question!
- December 28, 2020 at 8:22 am #424161AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Hi Alison and Gurlz.
Another option was not there…
My handbag which all good gurlz must have, moves from room to room with me – so I am one of the two that added fanny pouch… to include that option!
- December 28, 2020 at 7:57 am #424149
- December 28, 2020 at 7:49 am #424146Kelli MarloweLadyRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 167Has thanked: 2054 timesBeen thanked: 950 times
- December 27, 2020 at 4:16 pm #423922Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 921Has thanked: 821 timesBeen thanked: 4401 times
I refuse to let my mobile phone become an electronic leash. Too much of that these days. I managed just fine in the years before they were invented.
At home I set it down somewhere and check it once in a while. When I’m out and about, I carry it in a pocket or purse, depending on how I’m presenting. I leave my phone on silent or vibrate most times, with most app notifications disabled.
- December 27, 2020 at 2:18 pm #423840Regine KellyLadyRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 44Replies: 1451Has thanked: 20372 timesBeen thanked: 6877 times
- December 27, 2020 at 2:08 pm #423833Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 121Replies: 1088Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 4352 times
I’m “old school” enough and dont get that many calls, so my phone stays in the one spot when I’m in the house, whether in Caty or male mode.
If I’m out shopping as Caty, it stays in the car. Male me will carry it in my my pocket when out.
I also run two old “clunkers”, one for Caty and one for male me. Dont need a smart version and dont want one.
- December 27, 2020 at 12:55 pm #423810Peta MariLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 571Has thanked: 914 timesBeen thanked: 2878 times
I have a couple of denim skirts with pockets. I really enjoy wearing one particular skirt when I am working about on the property.
Its got glue, paint, and oil stains on it. Possibly some nail polish as well.
I find it frustrating that my dresses and other skirts don’t have pockets.
I wear ladies jeans a fair bit. But their tiny pockets frustrate me as well.
- December 27, 2020 at 10:01 am #423747Alexis TresseRegistered On: March 27, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 103Has thanked: 1400 timesBeen thanked: 373 times
When girly at home, I still carry my shoulder-strap purse for my mobile phone, eyeglasses, sunglasses, soft gloves for adjusting my nylons, comb, mirror, touch-up cosmetics, Bluetooth controller for selfies, tissues, sanitizer, … My phone also plays music, etc.
- December 27, 2020 at 9:41 am #423743Olivia LivinLadyRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 56Replies: 1673Has thanked: 9682 timesBeen thanked: 4792 times
My phone doesn’t rule my life, I lived quite fine for many years before they were even available and often even have the ringer turned off, especially if I’m enjoying myself. If I’m waiting for a particular txt or call I’ll move it with me.
- January 4, 2021 at 4:46 pm #427476Wendy MeLadyRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 73Has thanked: 19 timesBeen thanked: 329 times
It is simple for me, I only turn it on when I’m not home and I need to make a call. People learned not to call it because it might be weeks before I would see. Some have said I will text you, I tell them don’t bother for the same reason, also I don’t text anyway. If you want to call me use our house phone, I refuse to be a slave to a phone, if need to email someone I will use my PC. I find it really annoying when someones phone is constantly beeping and they have to see what it is, mute it and but the stupid thing down.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.