Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Warm Australian summer afternoon ladies,

For the last four or five moths, I’ve been doing the complete head to toe body shave and loving the way smooth skin feels when I put on stockings or sleep in a lovely silk nightie.

But within a week the stubble hair is back. Muggins me tried Nair and Veet for men and sure, that’s nice and smooth and I wrongly assumed it will “kill off” my leg and arm hair. But of course it did not.

I’ve bought some wax strips to give them a try, but I’ve heard/read this can be quite painful. Now with a dodgy back, I can get as much pain as I like!!?? so I don’t need any more.

Anyone have any comments suggestions??

Happy Dressing ’22

Caty

Ashley
      Lady

The pain from waxing is pretty manageable for me. Take a deep breath or two and rip the strips off as hard and fast as you can… basically like a giant band-aid. Going too slow only hurts more and leaves hairs behind. The initial sting is not nice at all but that only lasts a second. There will be some soreness and tender skin for some time after, for me it lasts about 24-36 hours. Your favorite moisturizer will probably do a good job in reducing that. It does hurt, but for me the results are well worth it, keep in mind you will stay smooth for weeks instead of days! You bought the strips so you might as well try them!

I have been getting everything below the waist waxed for about 10 years. I have recently added getting my back and shoulders waxed as well. I think I’ve had the back and shoulders done 2 or 3 times now. Let me tell you, the first time the back was way more painful than even my first full Brazilian. I jumped into the deepend with waxing, a full Brazilian wax. It was not as bad as I expected it to be.

I do go to a salon, I don’t think I could wax myself, that would be to masochistic. Plus going to the salon and having girl talk with my aesthetician while she waxes away just makes it a real girly experience.

Alana

Prudence
      Ambassador

Hi Caty, I get waxed. I cant do myself though. It does hurt. But just for a second or 2. And the results are Amazing. I just had it done on the the 21st. But no stubble at all. And there wont be for at least a couple more weeks. P.S., I hate shaving.  Hugs

My wife waxes my back for me, and as the others have said, it does hurt but only lasts a second, and it is so worth it, and lasts for a few weeks.
      Hugs, Regi

I have never tried using a wax strip myself.  I have always gone to a salon.

I went twice to a place that uses soft wax.  Soft wax is spread over your skin, then becomes sticky like honey. A muslin strip is placed on top of the wax, and the strip is pulled off sharply.  I only had this done on my legs.  It wasn’t too bad on the lower legs, as others have said it is like removing a bandaid.  There is an initial sting that fades pretty quickly.  It hurt more as I got closer to the groin.  Partly because there are more nerve endings there.  And partly because the skin is looser there.  You want to keep the skin tight when removing the strip so it pulls at the hair and not at the skin.  If you pull the skin it will hurt.  The soft wax needs neutralizers to remove sticky residue.

The wax is applied in the direction the hair grows, then you pull against the growth direction.  A followup application is done the opposite way.

The last 7 years I have been going to a place that uses hard wax.  Hard wax is applied to your skin, but as it cools it becomes hard.  An edge is pulled up, and then the wax strip is removed.  It hardens enough to hold together.

The parts I found hurt the worst were the stomach and upper leg and waistline.  A little less were the chest and back, and the least were the leg and arms.  Where I go, they do not do under boxer briefs for men so I can’t compare there.

There is a quick sting, but a quick firm rub soothes the skin within seconds.  The hard wax comes off completely so does not leave any sticky residue.  After waxing they apply a lotion to moisturize and soothe the skin.

Waxing lasts about two to three weeks before regrowth is noticed.  Then there is a needed regrowth period before you can wax again.  Wax needs hair to grab on and stubble isn’t enough.  But you need to exfoliate to ensure the hairs don’t get covered by skin (trapped hairs).  These hairs will not get removed by waxing.  There are some places (around my knees mostly) where I have to scratch the hairs out of the skin before waxing.  When I started I was going every 4 weeks.  I now go 5 weeks in the summer and 6 in the winter.

Waxing has the benefit that if you continue to do it, the hairs grow back finer.  It also becomes easier (less painful) to remove the hairs.  But this takes a year or two to start to see benefit.  I now find many areas that used to be moderately hairy now have very little visible hair regrowth.

Going to a salon is expensive, but I like the results, especially after doing it for many years.  The pain is quite tolerable now, lasts only a few seconds, but for an hour’s work I remain smooth for weeks.

Lynda Jones
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Ashley
      I started off shaving, stubble and more stubble felt like the hair was coming back with revenge. Next I switched to Neet hated the smell and Neet did not slow regrowth.
      So next the Braun Silk Epilator a little pain when I first started using, after several months of use very little pain except when I did not pull skin tight around groin area and the epilator would grab hold (ouch) the back of my legs I found was the hardest part. Using the Epilator I have had less hair regrowth.
      Two week ago I had my first waxing at a salon, chest and full legs.
      Let me say if you have never had a professional waxing don’t wait make your appointment today. Laying on a warm couch in my bikini panties while a female aesthetician and I talk let’s just say I can’t wait for my next appointment legs, chest, and abdomen. The pleasure of the warm wax and conversion far out weights any pain.
      Lynda

Robin Snow
        Duchess

Hi Lynda,

Does your aesthetician know you CD? Did she comment about the panties?  How far up your leg does she go?

Thanks,

Robin

Lynda Jones
          Baroness - Annual

Robin, The subject of CD did not come up if she were to ask I would tell her the truth as she has let me know she has several male client’s. She made no comment about my Black Jockey microfiber panties and did my legs up to my panties.

Thanks for asking
          Lynda

I’ve had 3 different aestheticians over the years (the other 2 left the place).  There was curiosity as to why I get the legs done.  I have told each one that I dress and have even shown them pictures over the years.  I have had nothing but acceptance.

Robin Snow
      Duchess

Hi Caty,

I originally started with shaving.  That lasted 6 months before I switched to an epilator.  The epilator was time consuming, and I found I needed to do it every 7 to 10 days. The pain level varied, depending on where I was on my body.  I also felt the epilator was breaking more hairs than it was pulling.  After a year and a half, I decided to try home waxing and bought a starter kit.  The kit included a soft wax, melting pot, strips and the various lotions to enhance the waxing experience.

After watching several videos on DIY waxing, I gave it a shot.

• The pros:
        • superior to epilating
        • soft wax exfoliates as well as removes hair
        • lasts longer – able to go 6 weeks
        • easy to do
        • far less painful to epilating.   Again – depends on where you are on the body
      • The Cons:
        • very sticky mess, wax gets everywhere – floors, walls, countertops
        • difficult to remove from skin or items
        • you really need a dedicated space
        • you have to be a contortionist to get to those hard-to-reach places – wife doesn’t help
        • I don’t have a good place to wax. With my level of DADT, I have to set up, clean up, then put everything away.  Very time consuming … especially the clean-up part.
      • Conclusions:
        • I found waxing to be a great way to remove hair and I will happily pay someone to do it.  If you are in a DADT relationship then go get it done.  If you have a partner who is willing to help you then give the DIY a shot.

Naturally YMMV!!!  Happy waxing!!!

Robin

I use a combination as waxing leaves me black and blue in a couple areas due to being on blood thinners. My girlfriend loves doing it for (TO) me. The pain only lasts a couple seconds, gets easier over time and I find a good stiff drink before hand doesn’t hurt at all lol.

The lasting effects of waxing far outway any discomfort so Katy, if you can find an accepting salon, go for it

Olivia

Peta Mari
      Lady

Wax your beard. I guarantee you will only do it once. That causes the pain mecury to go through the roof. (But, the finished job, is really nice. )

I’ve only every waxed my eyebrows, once.

I Can’t stand the mess and preparation so I tweeze the brows and everything else gets the epilator.

I wax my torso. Yes, it is painful but it gets better the more you do it. Plus I found out I love the pain. I get such an endorphin rush when it’s over. I walk out of the salon not touching the floor. When I told one of the mistresses I know about it all she could do is grin.

Be safe. Love and Peace.

Amber

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?