• This topic has 43 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 32 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I’m at a point with my makeup where I feel like I’m not making myself look garish, but I want to go to the next level.  I guess I’m looking for advice on makeup artists/makeovers that are discreet enough that I’m not sitting in Macy’s for the whole city of Chicago to see.  What’s your experience and can you offer some tips?  Thanks!

Kendra
      Duchess

I highly recommend getting a professional makeover.   I am not from Chicago but here in Toronto there are makeup artists that specifically market to the trans community.   I would google “Chicago crossdresser makeup services” and see what you get.  I just did and quickly found two – TGMiss and Transformations by Rori.

I have gone to two different makeup artists and they are both wonderful.   They are better than I am at choosing foundation, eye shadow and lipstick colours that better match my skin tone.   They are better at applying false eyelashes and better at using contouring to emphasize my cheekbones and de-emphasize my nose.   They are also very nice, very charming and very supportive.

Good Luck!  And let us know how it goes!

Anonymous

Googling right now!  Not sure how that thought escaped me.  Thanks!

Hi Paige.       Do it girl….you owe it to yourself!

Dame Veronica

Donni
      Lady

Paige, you look amazing now. Can’t imagine it getting better.  So looking forward to pictures! 💕

Anonymous

Years ago I visited Chicago with a friend and we went to a transformations boutique, but can’t remember the name… wait, it was Rory’s I think. And I met a great lady who helped me with my hair, her name is Velma… if you meet her, say hi from me! 🙂

Gaby 💜

Ps. Transformations by Rori

Try Sephora, there are three stores all with in 20 miles of my house so same for SOMA INTIMATES stores where both my SOGGF and I get our bras etc.

Never had anyone say anything negative at either sephora(makeup make overs and basic Makeup classes) or soma INTIMATES, matter of fact SOGGF took to Soma To be PROFESSIONALLY FITTED for  my own bras a this was b4 SOGGF ordered me my own Bforms, fitter said she agreed with my SOGGF ghat to look most passible aa a Female I need AT minimum DDD forms  or possibly G forms but suggest that I  get use to having  boobs 24/7 for a year or two before going larger , kind of like a teenage girl going from no breast to having a well endowed chest.

That was a most frightening moment for me, I expected all kind of bad things. Little did I know until the Soma INTIMATES fitter told me that she had PROFESSIONALLY FITTED 20 full grown men and had just fitted 5 teenage boys that had just come out b4 9th grade as transgendered to parents, and there moms decided that it was time to getting them there own female undies and wardrobe. The fitting session turn out not to be bad, SOGGF had done a great job Feminizing me for the fitting.  Also the professional fitter said I make a better looking female than a man saving my physical statics r leaning more towards a ladies vs a mans other than 4 my bust without forms. So that made me rather comfortable with having Boobs.

Matter of fact Jan 2, I spent all afternoon at a nearby Sephora store, SOGGF gave me a Xmas gift of  new year’s makeover and a 4 hour makeup class. Then Thursday afternoon a hair makeover session with her hair stylist.  Thus my recent photo posted here.

Near to Washington DC is a great service that does from what I have seen via website great MTF transition in the service owner’s house.

https://makeoverswithelizabethtaylor.com

She has a news letter, last summer in one newsletter were pictures of  a man that was in a very nice tiny bikini, on a pool deck you would have thought that pictures were of a GG vs a Xding/TG man. Had not it was mentioned that pictures were of  a transgender man.

Anonymous

I made the call! (Holy crap!)  I’m going to Rori’s this weekend!  I’m nervous and excited, and I can’t wait to see the results.  Wish me luck!

Anonymous

Great Paige! Good luck!

Pretty pretty please… if Velma is still there, do tell her that I said hi! (I think she will still remember me… hope so!)

Gaby

Anonymous

@Gaby

I’ll make myself a note to say hello, if she’s still there!

Hi, Paige. Have fun at Rori’s! It’s always been an impossible dream of mine to have a professional makeover, sort of like at a MTF “transformation” studio, where they do the complete job and take photos. I’m soooo jealous.

Please update this topic and let us know all the juicy details of how it went.
      Camryn Occasionnel

Anonymous

Around 20 years ago, my Wife (I know, lucky beyond measure) surprised me with a booking for a dressing service. Discreet and privately run by a GG  in a secluded bungalow in Lincolnshire UK. Four hour session, unlimited lingerie, wigs and wardrobe, pro make-up. Unforgettable: I went a few times more!

I would highly recommend a professional makeover. I think they are worth the money and show what your potential is.

What’s wrong with sitting in an isle at Macy’s with a pro? I have done 5 or 6 and love it plus it’s a great way to try different looks.

Sandy

I’m right with you… I have a vacation coming up and thinking my first day at Janet’s closet in Detroit area for a professional makeover and wig advice. Anyone have any opinions of this place… I’m nervous but excited to see if they can show me a new “me”!

Billie
        Lady

Friendly and helpful staff.

I’ve purchased online an item or two from Janet. Couple of short hair wigs. Pair of foam forms (back when I wore that sort of thing). I wasn’t disappointed.

But her full transformation package, quite inexpensive in my humble opinion, would surely be something I would try at least once if I lived anywhere near the Detroit area. I would certainly be a challenge for Janet’s crew!! I wish there was such a place where I live.

If you do get to go, please come back and give us a detailed report. I wouldn’t ask you to share photos since that is so intensely personal, I know. But if you volunteered, I would love to see the results!!

Ok… (nervously letting a breath out), I made an appointment at Janet’s two weeks from now with a hotel fairly close for the night before and after!  They sent a great email that made the full transformation package sound exciting and fun… I’ll let everyone knows how it goes. They will have their work cut out for them to stay in the 2 hour appointment, lol.  Wish me luck!

Anonymous

As I’ve posted elsewhere, I recently purged everything! Already realised it was a big mistake! As I, and you all, knew all along. Rather than start to replace, I’m going to seek out a dressing service: I’m working away in the North of England currently so I’ll hopefully find somewhere in the York or Leeds area. Very strong urge to wear a pretty skirt and pantyhose! Aargh!!

Scarlett398
      Princess

Hi Paige, it’s Scarlett and the girls on here give me compliments on my makeup on a regular basis.

I learned every one of my makeup application skills by Googling all sorts of makeup application videos. I just put in the search block something like this – “eye shadow makeup application videos” and I get a pile of them to choose from on You Tube. Most of them are 6 to 8 minutes long and in less than a week, you can become a makeup pro in the privacy of your own home!

XOXOXO Scarlett

Glory
        Lady

Yep I have done the same over the years and now look to Instagram for inspiration 😍 teach a man to fish they say…

Anonymous

Go on Kijiji or Craigslist or a site like that and look for private, home based salons.

Most profiles will have photos of their work.

As your first enquiry ask if they are trans/CD friendly.

If they reply positively explain exactly what you are looking for.

You wil get care, privacy and a better price.

Hi Paige! You are beautiful! I am a 35 year veteran in the beauty business and I would love to help any way I can. I do private makeovers in my in-home studio and work with many of my clients by phone and email. I am in Central Texas so coming for a makeover in person might not work but I can certainly offer suggestions and answer any questions you have. I wish you the best of luck!

Pink hugs, Lisa

Anonymous

[quote quote=146505]Hi Paige! You are beautiful! I am a 35 year veteran in the beauty business and I would love to help any way I can. I do private makeovers in my in-home studio and work with many of my clients by phone and email. I am in Central Texas so coming for a makeover in person might not work but I can certainly offer suggestions and answer any questions you have. I wish you the best of luck!

Pink hugs, Lisa

[/quote]
      Lisa, thank you!  I’m a few weeks away from my session at Rori’s (had to reschedule from a previous appointment).  Sooo looking forward to it.  I would definitely be interested in any advice you can give, no matter where you’re located.  Thank you for you response!

I did it!  Just left Janet’s Closet.  The place was quite busy so it took a little longer than I thought, but Sky and the other staff (plus a couple of regular customers) made me feel at ease.  I ended up purchasing a wig, bra, breastforms, and of course another pair of boots.  I was feeling so good, I went out in public for the first time as Jamie (Boots), even if it was just from the store to car to hotel room.  What fun

Anonymous

That’s fantastic, Jaime (Boots)!  I’m thrilled for you!  I keep having to reschedule my appointment at Rori’s due to family and work obligations, but now I’m so excited to do this.  Thank you!

Well I took a trip to Denver and got mine done at the Studio Lites shop.  From my experience, its a once in a lifetime thrill.  I kept it on for 20 hours.  its expensive, I think 120 5 years ago.  first, go dressed up so its more fun.  Take 2 or 3 wigs for options when complete.  see if they will write down the colors and items used, or be prepared to buy it then.  See if they will let you see in the mirror as its happening, not likely.  And I didn’t but should have then went to a nail salon and got mani pedi.  Those Asian ladies don’t care….  I loved it….

Veronica
        Lady

Heidi-

I live near Denver myself and had a makeover done at Phyllis’ Fantasies just last month- what fun!

Veronica

Glory
      Lady

Not sure if you have it where you are but here is an app called LASHD that you can select makeup artists, nail artists and hair dresseser right to your door 😍 Best part is get them to use your products that way you know at least you can try to replicate it 🤗

Anonymous

Paige funny that you ask today I am getting a makeover had a beauty studio flash salon they book my appointment for the last one of the day because I told him I was nervous I’m a male and they said well besides the workers unless someone comes off the street be okay and they’re very gender friendly but this studio has a glass windows that people can look in and watch the makeover I asked the girl that I booked it with if I could bring my femme clothes and use the bathroom 10 minutes before my appointment to change he said that would be okay I can’t believe you I’m going to be coming out of that bathroom dressed as Jasmine in front of a bunch of strangers getting a makeover but I am going to do itsince I was young I dreamed of being at a salon and getting makeup put on me by professional so I’m scared and excited we will see how it goes jazz

Anonymous

And they did a nice job Jazz! You look really nice in your makeover pics!

Hi girls

I decided to do the same thing and take the plunge for a makeover. There is a salon in my city that caters to women, but they also advertise makeovers for cross dressers. I called and I now have an appointment for next week. She is even coming to my home to do the makeover. I’m excited and I’m nervous at the same time. I’ll be dressing for the makeover and she told me she thought it was a great idea. It will be a little frightening opening the door dressed up but without makeup or a wig on. Looking forward to it.

Veronica
      Lady

Hi, all I can say is one way or the other is…. do it, do it, do it!  I did one recently and saw the real me for the first time in my life.  With a little searching I’m sure you will find someone not just discreet but welcoming

Good luck and enjoy,

Veronica

Anonymous

The first thing is to make sure of the quality and experience of the artist(s) or salon you select. Price does not always indicate quality. You should see examples of their work in advance. Ask for customer referrals. There is no fun to be had throwing money around and getting a shabby job. Be totally up front about what you are doing and your what your expectations are. Ask if they are trans/CD friendly.If you want to see how feminine you can look, then be absolutely clear about that.

These artists are great, but they are not mind readers. It will save you real time and $$$ if you take along actual printed pictures of several looks you like from magazines, or makeup books from the public library. There’s those fabulous two books by the late 🙁  Kevin Acoyn that most libraries have in their catalogue. And don’t just focus on the transgender makovers in those books, although they are fabulous. An experienced MUA (makeup artist) will get an idea and advise you on what is most appropriate for your age, your face shape, hair and skin texture and colour. Be ready to take their advice. She/he may advise against a look you think would work….but they know and you don’t.

For discretion and privacy you have some options. Most of the major cosmetics stores in mall have stipulations that you buy a certain amount of product. Bear in mind that they are only losing the wholesale cost of their product…so it might not be the best deal you can have. Sephora offers free mini contouring, eye or lip makeovers, so I have done my shave and foundation here at home and visited three stores to get my look finished free.If you go to a mall make sure you know what potty you are going to use and where it is. Planning this is so important. Stay away from coffee and tea before you head out. If you’ve tucked well you have limited bladder space and if dressing gets you a little “happy”, well that can bring on the ntp (need to pee) sooner.

Option 1: Cosmetics trades schools. Many of these beauty schools operate a public salon with incredible prices. There you will find youthful, enthusiastic students ready to do their best for their teachers appraisal without much clock watching. Last time I did this the MU student looked like a famous movie star. I got my MU done by a Penelope Cruz lookalike! My hair ( an updo!) and makeup looked absolutely amazing and the price was under $30!

Option 2: Here in Ottawa, Canada I’ve used kijiji to find home based makeup artist studios. It’s a calmer atmosphere with someone who wants a second call from you. Again, but totally upfront and never say it’s a one time thing.  It’s also called Craig’s list elsewhere. There you will also find mobile MUA’s there which will cost a little more but also it will keep you at home if it doesn’t turn out so well.

Option Three: Go to a real ladies’ salon/spa in a different city or neighborhood. Again, be upfront with your wishes and they most likely will welcome you. I have crossdressed with ease and confidence in Kingston, Cornwall, and Montreal and I am certain that although some may have seen a beautiful man in a fabulous dress and shoes, no one in those cities would have connected the gorgeous crossdresser with my man self.

Big Deal:!!!!!!

INFECTIONS ALERT!!!!

There have been articles on CBC’s (Canada) show “Marketplace” about poor cleanliness regimes at the major MU stores. Very much worth checking out to avoid an infection. Ask in advance about how MUA’s protect their products from contamination. If you have the least bit of a concern step away. They’re your eyes, lips, skin after all. I have heard stories about infections passing through nicks and cuts from shaving so be extra careful preparing your face and use an antibacterial micelaire lotion after your shave and even an aloe based antibacterial lotion before you leave the house. Fix up any cuts or nicks with a styptik pencil you can get at any drug store. Do not allow unvetted foundations or shadows on broken skin. I would also recommend that you bring your own l,foundations, lipsticks/liners, eyeliners, applicators and brushes and false lashes to avert any risk.

Finally, take a long, long look at dedicated “transformation” studios and services. I have walked away from two well-known places that were scams. Wildside in Toronto was hard to get to, hard to park near and frankly dirty and more of a skank/dragshop than a classy crossdressing service. Their book of clients was old, worn and frankly tacky.

This all seems a bit hard-assed, but in the end it should give you more confidence about your final look. No makeup or eyeshadow can out perform a look of confidence that you wear.

Have fun and love it, but be smart about it.

Harietta

Anonymous

I hope it all works out for you. Unfortunately here in Virginia there doesn’t seem to be any full service makeover salon that could do makeup as well as photo shoots. The nearest one is in DC. If anyone out there knows of any in South East Virginia please let me know.
      Grace

Magik Fire
      Baroness

Hi there. I am new here. I am the fiancé to a cd man, we have been together 6 years and he only told me about his cd 4 weeks ago. I am also a professional makeup artist for over 10+ years and I have worked in retail cosmetics as well as film, music video, live stage, special events, stage shows, etc… I also live and work in Las Vegas so I grew up in a world where men dress as woman for a number of different reasons and to me, it’s just another Tuesday. It’s kinda the norm. I have always had a large number of male clients, (I guess they just feel comfortable with me).  Every time I have a male client in a retail setting that isn’t fully relaxed at the start, I just reassure them that the women that are shopping for makeup in the store around them are fully blinded by their own insecurities.

**The woman looking around as she looks at wrinkle cream is not judging you for getting your makeup done. She can’t even perceive your existence. why? She is way too worried that every person there is staring at her wrinkles!!! She is looking around to see if anyone is staring at her and is practically paralyzed by this fear!**

Even the most gorgeous, flawless, model-like women are carrying around their own personal baggage of not being good enough, or pretty enough. If working in beauty has taught me anything, it’s that no woman (however she came to be) knows she is pretty. It’s tragically sad, but very true, which is why COMPLIMENTS MATTER! So be kind, say ” nice smile” “your brows rock today!” “I love those shoes!” or whatever, be sincere, but look for the good that people can’t see in themselves and point it out. This is how we make the world a better place.

As for getting a make over…DO IT!!! Plenty of Mua’s are mobile and will come with their kit to your home, office, or wherever. If they are a true professional then a face is just another canvas and it’s fun for us to be able to express our art on different canvases. It’s not hard to take a perfect porcelain face and paint it a little prettier, anyone could do that. A true artist can start with a rough stone and paint it in to a beautiful diamond by simply knowing how to enhance the features that help it to shine best!

Love Always,

Magik

Just DO IT will be exciting , joy, fun. Find a person who does crossdresser makeovers, make sure they will do photo while dressed. I had my first makeover this wk. Why Why did I wait so long,  I had Patty at the Wildside Toronto do mine she is a blast to be around. Take your own camera, Patty shot over 200 images of me in different wigs and out fits. All I can say is don’t wait another day. I am posting different photos from the shoot.

Lynda

C

I’ve used a professional make-over in Holland. At the first session she concentrated on my skin type and color, pointing out that if the base layers are wrong everything else will be too. She had loads of experience with CDs and how to camouflage the male face, amazing! Even without the full make up I looked like…a woman without make-up!

She then focused on the right look, as I didn’t want drag queen (which she said is easier, slap it on thick!), I wanted a sophisticated lady wearing restrained make-up.

Well, when she was done I didn’t know what I saw. It was me but looking like a well made-up woman. Her own clear pleasure with what she had achieved shone through too! She had found ways to draw attention away from the Adam’s Apple and the slightly different lip structure of men vs women.

Long way of saying: do it after finding the right artist! Though it isn’t cheap you are paying for a professional service.

Anonymous

If you can make it up to the Bethlehem PA area, look up True Colors Makeup Artistry. The owner is Amanda Richards. She does amazing work.

Scarlett398
      Princess

You’re really pretty, Glory!

Anonymous

There is no need to go to male to female services. You pay a lot for tack. Modern MUA’s are fine helping men.

Unless Wildside has had a revolution in two decades I might suggest that a visit to a real non-tacky and cleaner studio will be a delight.

Dear anonymous,

The most important thing with make up is getting your skin right.  There are many make up counters who can match you with foundations and powders,  less is best as too much exagerates pores and wrinkles.

The sexiest part of dressing is putting your own make up on, if 13 year olds can do it so can you.

Sally xx

Anonymous

OMG I had my first professional makeover today at ULTA. No one gave me a second look and it was so wonderful. Had makeup and lashes!! Bought way to much but love the result!!  I love being feminine!!!!! I then wand shopping and will post pictures of my new outfits.

Anonymous

Hi, always a brave step, their are lots of places but go for one that says crossdressing or transgender. However not easy if you are sort of in the closet.

Anonymous

The only thing I found difficult about my first makeover (Ulta) was being in drab, walking up to a stranger and saying “I’m a crossdresser and I need help”. The actual experience was fun, and the lady who did me was very helpful. Their makeup counter is at the back of the store, so not too many prying eyes to see me, should anybody bother to look. And as a bonus, the experience has made me a bolder girl, for other shopping ventures.

Bettylou

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?