• This topic has 38 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 32 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Well Ladies….it’s just over 7 weeks until Christmas day, so it will be here quite quickly……so, down to the point….I LOVE SNOW!!!

I have clear memories as a child of my grandad clearing the path from the house out to the road of snow…we seemed to be snowed in every year in the south of England. It usually started early December and there was ice and snow about until at least the end of February…. sometimes longer….but these days we are lucky if we have a week’s worth each year, and NEVER on Christmas day!!…our snowmen used to die of old age, now we don’t even get to make one!!!!…..question… You girls are from everywhere!???  what’s it like where you live at Christmas.???..do you have a white one???…do tell, and make me jealous if you can!!!!

Hi Grace,

Even in the cold and isolated north of England I don’t think I have seen snow on Christmas Day for about 10 years and that was the year of weeks of snow and sub zero temperatures.

The way it is going Christmas will be bikinis,sun tan lotion and turkey on the barbecue.

Fingers crossed for snow this year.

Jessica x

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Grace, I live in north-west Canada and if you love snow, you need to come for a visit. We usually get about 2 metres (six feet) of the white stuff every year.  It can snow pretty much any month of the year except maybe July and August (well we did have a major snow storm in August one time, I remember it well because I was in a long distance running race and had to slog thru the stuff in my runners).  It has snowed here a couple of times already this fall (but we are experiencing a very odd week-long warm spell right now and it all melted – but the snow should be back again very soon).  I especially like the change of seasons, I think I’d go crazy living some where hot & humid all the time.  Stay healthy, stay safe, All the Very Best, Hugs, Krista

Anonymous

Well Grace, we had snow from October to February some years, gosh we had 8ft snow drifts, and spend weeks on toboggan ‘s around the hills. Can remember my father had to dig his way out the front door even. Fantastic white Christmas, with real  fires of logs and  coal, and hours of fun in the snow. The giant snowman stood for months rock solid. Don’t get that now Grace do we.

Anonymous

Well Grace, we had snow from October to February some years, gosh we had 8ft snow drifts, and spend weeks on toboggan ‘s around the hills. Can remember my father had to dig his way out the front door even. Fantastic white Christmas, with real  fires of logs and  coal, and hours of fun in the snow. The giant snowman stood for months rock solid. Don’t get  that now Grace do we.

It used to snow, when I was a kid – I recall one of the first times I drove, the snow was a foot deep, and my father was telling me how to start moving in 2nd, with plenty of gas to give more power to the front wheels.

But I don’t actually recall a white Christmas in the South of the UK ever, or when it last actually snowed and settled – 2005, perhaps?

A wet Christmas is more par for the course – and it fits the song…

Love Laura

Mandy Wife
      Baroness

I miss the white Christmases we used to have in Scotland.  We’ve been in this house 8yrs and have only really had 1 pretty decent year and all the men in the cul-de-sac built an igloo!!  Hibby has a snow blower as we did have a couple of really really had years where we were constantly digging the street out (and no-one else helped) so that’s great fun – I call it lawn-mowering the snow!

Anonymous

We have had 3 snow falls so far this fall… about 14 inches… it’s melted again now but snow can stay anytime after Halloween until mid April… it’s pretty rare to not have cold and snow for Christmas. I’m in NE BC in western Canada. We can and have had snow falls every month of the year.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Grace, I remember as a young kid snow drifts and piles of snow 12 to 15 ft high.  Having grown up only about an hour away form where I live now in central Ia. the weather is basically the same.  It has been a few years since we have had a heavy snow year.  For the sake of the kids I’ve always said  I wish we had a nice snow just before Christmas and then be gone and highs in about 50f.

For people in my work snow is a four letter word and the only thing worse is the other four letter word with the f-ing word before it ( you know freezing rain ).  I’m a letter carrier ( mail man) and some of us wish global warming would eliminate the cold nasty weather.

I live on the Mid-Atlantic coast in the US. We very rarely ever get snow. Weather here varies quite a bit day to day much less year to year. We have had Christmas days where we are in shorts at the beach other years cool or cold. The only white Christmas we have ever had was back in 1989. We had 1 1/2 feet of snow which around here is a blizzard. We do not have much in the way of snow equipment so the whole city was shut down for a couple of days. We were lucky as my cousin had a jacked up 4 wheel drive truck with the big tires to pick us up and take us to our family Christmas gathering. That was the only way to get around since there were no snow plows. As far as I know that was the only white Christmas that anyone could recall us having for at least 75-100 years.

Anonymous

Thanks Maria

“Shorts on the beach on Christmas day!!!!”….now even to us Brits….that is odd!!

huggs, grace x

Hi Grace
      As the other Canadian girls have said, we have already had snow, and it could stay at anytime from now until late April. I have seen it every month of the year, too.
      About 4 or 5 years ago, I could walk off my first floor roof onto the snowbank at christmastime, but I live in what we call the snowbelt, here.

Robin Snow
      Duchess

Hi Grace,

In my little piece of the Green Mountains (Vermont)  we had a white Halloween.

As far a Christmas goes …. I work in the hospitality industry at a major ski resort so my Christmas is almost always white but I do have to work.

Robin

Anonymous

Hi….”Robin Snow”…could you get any more Christmassy??….working in a ski resort….lucky you

grace x

The squirrels in my corner of New Jersey are the fattest I have ever seen them….Our neighborhood pumpkins didn’t  stand a chance this Halloween. I think the Farmers Almanac got it right when they predicted much snow and cold weather…… hoping for a White Christmas… we haven’t  had one in these parts for quite a while…..

I grew up in Tennessee, only saw a white Christmas in 76. The only year we had a white Christmas where I live now, coastal Virginia, I was deployed overseas. I’m not really fond of snow…

Hi Grace,

Alice brushed about three inches of snow of the car this morning.  Looks like a snowy autumn and winter ahead.

Alice

Winter on the Seacoast of New Hampshire can be quite a roller coaster ride.  Sometimes we get buried, other years not so much.  I love the snow – except when it’s on my driveway.  We had a small snowstorm already this year but it melted in a day leaving behind a yard full of pine needles and neighbors oak leaves.  Oh my raking back!

Anonymous

Hi Grace

I would love a white christmas the last time I remember one was before I reached my teenage years. My home  location is rustic, so our christmas’s tend to be very green & muddy. Anyway Grace to do you have Lady christmas outfit to wear.

Love Sarah

xx

Anonymous

Sarah

Mind-reader!!!….for some fun, I have just bought a lady Christmas outfit to wear in December….there will be pictures!!!…might even wear it shopping, we have a lot of people in fancy dress in our town at Christmas..watch this space.

Grace 💋

Penny Jay
      Lady

I love the snow too, my fingers are always crossed for a white Christmas. In Central Scotland its happening less and less every year.

Christmas outfit, need to work on that.

PennyJ

Leslie
      Lady

Here we haven’t had many white Christmases recently. I remember that when I was a kid we got lots of them. In fact I can remember the Mississippi River freezing so solid you could drive a car across it and the Coast Guard had to send ice breakers up to keep the channel open. But the last few years it has been cold and muddy. Snow would be nice but I can do without the ice, old bones and ice don’t mix well.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I’m in southern Ontario, and after many years in the City (Toronto) I am now in a country setting, and snow can be quite variable here. We had two fairly bad winters in a row, but last year wasn’t as tough, but they are predicting a lot of cold and snow fall for this year. We have often have had a non white Christmas, and then the snow comes later in Jan, Feb and March, but I do love to have a White Christmas.

Two years ago, and not long before Christmas I had the pleasure of baking a huge amount of shortbread cookies for the church, whilst outside it was snowing all day, and I had a fire going in the fireplace.  That felt so devine, even though it was a lot of work! I made about 20 dozen cookies that day.

So far we have had two small snowfalls this Fall! Less than 2 each time. Now it’s warmer and very sunny for the next few days. This is what used to be referred to by the now politically incorrect term, “Indian Summer”. We are not far from Lake Erie, one of the Great Lakes, and we get a certain amount of lake effect snow, where the wind picks up moisture as it blows across the open water. Not nearly as much as some areas a few hours drive north from here though.

I find I don’t like the snow as much as I used to, even though I’m not commuting like I used to either. Maybe I’m just getting old!

Amy

Anonymous

Great detail Amy, thank you so much….the only problem now is….I so want cookies!!!

smiles, grace ❤️

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Sorry, Grace all the cookies got sold in about a half hour! The church has for years, until now of course, done a cookie walk where one pays for a box and then you go around to the various tables and fill it up.

It has been a huge success for the church, with all of them selling out in an hour or so.

Too bad I couldn’t make a bunch for and send them to you, and the rest of the girls here!

Sorry for the digression!

Amy

ChloeC
      Duchess

I truly love snow falls in the winter and always hope for a White Christmas here in Southwestern Michigan but as the climate changes more and more Decembers are having less and less snowfalls 7 years ago when we first moved here we had 160 in. for the winter but it didnt start til after New Years. We now head south at Christmas to be with our young grandkids but somehow even with all the festivity and decorations, at 60-70F on Christmas Day just doesnt have the same feel.

I’m in central Manitoba, Canada.

Not one single year in the last 35 years I’ve lived here has there ever NOT been a White Christmas, there’s usually a foot or more on the ground by the end of November until Early- Mid April. I do love the snow, but the cold, the wind and months of grey days are not my cup of tea.
      I am jealous of your Christmas Grace, and your winter, wanna trade? Lol

Anonymous

Rei ….I would love to trade!!!…the only problem I can forsee is getting my clothes, shoes and makeup out to Manitoba, since they have decommissioned JUMBO JETS.

smiles, grace xx

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I love snow for the Christmas/Holidays.  Sadly snow in southern Ontario can be so variable with the lake effect flurries.  I hate to sound like my father did, but …. when I was a child ….the snowbanks were 6 ft. High!  Well, they seemed that way when you were a kid in the Kawarthas anyway. 😅

Like Bing, I’m always dreaming if a white Christmas.

Stevie

Anonymous

I live near Detroit, Michigan.  It is usually cold, below freezing, here around Christmas.  We don’t always have snow on the ground for Christmas, but there is normally some snowfall in December.

Peta Mari
      Lady

In our part of the world, on the border of the outback nsw, Christmas day is between 40 and 45 degrees Celsius. 104f -114f.

So. I’m with you. Dreaming of a white Christmas.

Anonymous

I’m a southern Ontario girl too. It used to be as Stevie says back when I was a kid that we would have snow at Christmas but the last 5 years we’ve been green. Three years ago I cut my lawn on December 15th. With global warming and changes in the jet streams the last few winters have been very mild which is fine by me, I’m not a snow lover. I used to commute 45 miles each way to work and the snow just made this even worse, I had a few 2 hour drives home. Now I’m retired I maintain the mailboxes for Canada Post so once again I love a green Christmas, my favourite line is I would have no problem decorating a palm tree.

Anonymous

Heather

I do agree snow is not so good for commuting and working….how about just a deluge on Christmas day and boxing day….then it’s gone???

smiles, grace x

Ps…I would love to reply to all of you beauties, but this post would be bottomless…love you all for taking the time to answer 💋💋

Anonymous

[postquote quote=403677]
      More a case of getting snowed under Grace 😂😂😂.

Yeah I know, sorry. 🤦

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Grace, that’s what my wife says too, let it snow for Christmas, then melt in a couple of days after.

Amy

No snow here in SoCal but it is raining. Thank god. Put on my 120D tights, heavy pink satin PJ’s and opened up all the windows. Let those negative ions flow in. Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Love and Peace,

Amber

Hi Grace here in Louisville Kentucky we don’t get many white Christmases but we have had a few.

As you said in Ky we have had more mild winters the last few years.

I will wish for you to have a white Christmas sweetie.

Every body deserves some snow on Christmas.

Hugs Patty

Hi Grace, we to in wales used to have massive snow drifts when I was little, many years we would get cut off from the nearest town and I would get a month or more holiday from school as no one could get there.  We used to build tunnels across the main road and build snow forts. Now we are lucky to get a inch of snow that lasts 2 days… I really do miss the days of watching big fat snow flakes as they lazily drift down to settle gently on the trees and ground. Ahhhh the memories.

Anonymous

Oh okay Grace one quick blast. It can start snowing at 4PM Christmas eve and must be gone by 8AM boxing day. lol

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?