- July 29, 2021 at 1:04 pm #524642WilmaParticipantRegistered On: July 24, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 142Has thanked: 761 timesBeen thanked: 545 times
Does anyone else remember the Harmony Hairspray advert….
Had to drive out of Devon and went to Dorset today and there are quite a few Towns & villages to drive through and I found myself looking at women on the street and wondered to myself 2 things, A/ could I get away with wearing what they were wearing?
B/ Were they “Real or one of us?
I find myself looking at women differently now, not in the manly way but I wonder where she got that blouse from or those shoes don’t match that outfit.
I am not trying to be offensive so if this is offending anyone I shall remove it.
Total of 32 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- July 31, 2021 at 7:39 am #525373GenevïēveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1712Has thanked: 13555 timesBeen thanked: 7106 times
‘I find myself looking at women differently now, not in the manly way but I wonder where she got that blouse from or those shoes don’t match that outfit.’
I’m the same way now Wilma… no more ogling. Rather, I see a GG and think… ‘what a pretty dress’.
- July 31, 2021 at 7:16 am #525363stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 176Replies: 2412Has thanked: 3813 timesBeen thanked: 11508 times
Of course I am an avid “woman watcher.” Always on the lookout for new ideas and styles that I find attractive. And the other side of the coin too …. what doesn’t suit some women! Alas there are many out there who do not present themselves as well as they could. I’m being polite here. Some actually look truly awful in baggy mismatched clothes, awful colour combinations, ratty hair, bad shoes etc.
They make me feel good about how I look!
- July 31, 2021 at 4:29 am #525320Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 57Replies: 1566Has thanked: 6622 timesBeen thanked: 7898 times
Hardly offensive Wilma. I can’t really be offended if it’s true, can I? I find myself doing this far too often, like, all the time, and usually with a healthy dose of envy. What’s happening more now is my habit of openly complimenting them on it. “Gorgeous outfit”, “Beautiful nails”, or ” I love your hair!” I try not to sound creepy since most of these people are considerably younger than I am, but I have always received nothing but a smile and thanks, sometimes they will even chat with me about it. Nothing wrong with a sincere compliment, world might be a better place if we all did it more often. But I admit, it’s mostly envy on how well they look.
- July 31, 2021 at 8:01 am #525385Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 404Has thanked: 1511 timesBeen thanked: 1963 times
Hi Stevie. I’ve read that a guy shouldn’t comment on a womans appearance but I find myself complimenting women more and more. I’ve complimented them on their nails, hair, outfits and have gotten reactions from embarrassment to a big smile and a thank you. I try not to be creepy about it and usually give the compliment as I’m leaving their presence. I often wonder what they think of a random guy with a ponytail who appreciates their tastes. Do they guess I’m a CD or think I’m gay… idk. Some seem annoyed while others seem to enjoy it. In this day and age I hope its not taken as sexual harassment.
- July 31, 2021 at 4:05 am #525314Marie LawDuchessRegistered On: June 27, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 42Has thanked: 104 timesBeen thanked: 196 times
- July 31, 2021 at 3:47 am #525312Regine KellyPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 40Replies: 1314Has thanked: 15618 timesBeen thanked: 5883 times
This is quite timely, lol
The other day we were driving home from my wife’s therapy, and there were two women walking on the sidewalk, and I checked them out, apparently quite obviously
My wife said, there’s” him coming out”, and I asked what she meant. apparently they were both beautiful blondes, i couldnt say, I was looking at thee outfits, and shoes, which did them both no justice, I wouldnt wear either outfit.
I had no idea, the colour of their hair, or how good their shapes, were.
Definitely NOT a “him” moment ,lol
- July 30, 2021 at 12:09 pm #525018Sarah Du HessisseLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 743Has thanked: 4920 timesBeen thanked: 2819 times
Hi Wilma that girl is wearing Harmony Hairspray how can you tell you can’t, her hair is so light and firmly held you can’t tell. Well ask her no you ask her and she walks by with a can in her bag. Your not being offensive with your post we all wonder that way at times.
- July 30, 2021 at 9:00 am #524961Michaela JaneLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2016Topics: 25Replies: 373Has thanked: 389 timesBeen thanked: 996 times
You are not alone in that Wilma, I do it all the time. Out here in the Carolinas where it’s hot and humid at this time of year, there are a lot of shorts around. I’m not sure how I’d look in tight short shorts but I am always checking out tops and deciding if they would look good on me.
- July 30, 2021 at 7:30 am #524925LadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 404Has thanked: 1511 timesBeen thanked: 1963 times
Yep we are great observers of women and I’m amazed at how fast my wife can glance at another female and see everything at once. It takes me longer to see what she sees in just a moment. Knowing that I dress and love ladies fashion she will sometimes comment to me on what another is wearing like, “Did you see those shoes she’s wearing?” or, “Don’t you think she shouldn’t be wearing that?”. I’m always a few moments behind her.
I try to observe the way a woman moves and holds herself. Sometimes its just a subtle movement like keeping an elbow crooked or keeping their knees together thats different.
I too wonder sometimes if someone is a CD or not but unless its obvious then I’m never sure. The voice is usually a dead giveaway.
- July 30, 2021 at 6:29 am #524918Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 27Replies: 873Has thanked: 3539 timesBeen thanked: 3648 times
Not offensive at all Wilma, I do it all the time. Think some women think I am flirting when we chat, hanging on their every word, when in fact I’m intently studying their eye make up not gazing into their eyes🤣
I think it was Benny Hill who made a sketch relating to the Harmony hairspray ad. Woman in a skirt walks over an open manhole. Then Benny Hill pops his head out of the manhole with a big grin on his face, cue the announcer ‘Is she or isn’t she?’ 🤣Like so much from the 1970s Not very PC nowadays.
- July 30, 2021 at 9:01 am #524962WilmaLadyRegistered On: July 24, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 142Has thanked: 761 timesBeen thanked: 545 times
lol yes I think I remember that sketch, PC has ruined a lot of the old comedy.
Loved watching Dick Emery…He was awful but I did like him….lol
1 user thanked author for this post.
- July 29, 2021 at 11:42 pm #524856LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 92Replies: 1177Has thanked: 1162 timesBeen thanked: 5789 times
I’m not sure why anyone here would be offended. I think it’s an aspect of our crossdressing that worries our gg partners. Every now and then someone says it’s only clothes when talking about the reaction of partners but we all know for most of us it’s not. Allowing our femme selves out changes many of our behaviours and this is a common example.
Many would say being less shallow and less sexually fixated on female form can only be a good thing. And in many ways it is but it’s different and change is scary.
I’m the same, the only downside is I’m very judgemental and just as likely to say “ she really shouldn’t wear that”. To which “She who must be obeyed is likely to respond “meow”
- July 29, 2021 at 6:44 pm #524773Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 39Replies: 1311Has thanked: 17374 timesBeen thanked: 4965 times
I look at outfits, does it work? Makeup, how well is it done, can I pull that off? Damn, I wish I had the curves to wear that! “Hey honey, (to my wife!) Isn’t that a cute top she’s got on?” But a part of me still says yep, that chick’s hot. And yes, I do look for…us… out there. Last weekend I was at the big box store, there were two other guys there with shaved legs, about my age. I thought, hmm…I wonder?
- July 29, 2021 at 6:24 pm #524761Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 27Replies: 647Has thanked: 1316 timesBeen thanked: 2973 times
Yes, I am spending a lot of time checking out the women pass by everyday and hope I don’t come across as a perv. I am checking out their shoes or their top or commenting to myself that is a nice pair of jeans or a nice skirt – wonder where she got them. Or looking at a younger girl who has colored her hair in one of those stand out colors, like pink or green or an unnatural red. Maybe sometimes I am admiring her earrings or her the color of her nails ( I have actually commented to a couple of women that I liked the color of their nails).
. . Sandy
- July 29, 2021 at 5:45 pm #524740Stephanie GreenLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 112Has thanked: 75 timesBeen thanked: 383 times
I’ve been looking at women differently as my dressing has progressed. I notice outfits, shoes (always have to check out the shoes), hair, make-up and jewelry. I think about how I might look in those things and get ideas about things I’d like to try.
- July 29, 2021 at 3:32 pm #524680Beth GreenLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 27Replies: 455Has thanked: 2406 timesBeen thanked: 2357 times
Yes, this subject has been commented about before. It seems that once we have connected to our feminine self we start paying attention to fashion, hair, makeup and carriage. Not to say we don’t admire an attractive woman, under our feminine presentation we are still men and can still look at a woman with certain hormonal responses, but now we examine why she is attractive. Can I use that look, would that dress work on me, do those shoes come in my size?
We now look at the package first picking out ideas and tips for ourselves then we see the woman. I still admire an attractive woman and still practice polite control and not whistle but before I see a sexy, stylish, frumpy or ugly woman I see the presentation.
About the question of “is she a he?” I have often wondered that myself. I know they are out there, but where? If they are so good we can’t tell then they have achieved the penultimate goal and if we know them they deserve praise. If we can tell that they are cd then we need to befriend them, encourage them and help them on their journey.
- July 29, 2021 at 3:59 pm #524689LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 7Replies: 577Has thanked: 1921 timesBeen thanked: 1454 times
Your comments are right on… I couldn’t have said it any better… I am an observer of other woman..
Always getting ideas whether fashion or observing demeanor to perfect my feminine presentation.
- July 29, 2021 at 2:01 pm #524661Katie TimeDuchessRegistered On: April 3, 2021Topics: 33Replies: 265Has thanked: 1771 timesBeen thanked: 1523 times
Hi Wilma I’ve recently commented on some of my wife’s outfits, mostly saying things like “that’s nice” and “pretty skirt”. Her response now is “no you can’t have it” Silly girl. Hugs Katie
- July 29, 2021 at 1:57 pm #524659Abbie NormalDuchessRegistered On: June 13, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 472Has thanked: 835 timesBeen thanked: 1687 times
For me that ‘he or she’ question started when my Niece transitioned (MTF) a few years ago. I mean this from a pure “XY vs. XX genes” perspective, though it seems clear that there are many more genes involved in gender expression. Anyway, my eyes were opened as they say. Then I became far more observant and started playing that same game. Now that I’m fully dressing and going out it’s really ramped up. I’m also watching women for how they move and what they are wearing and trying to figure out if it’s something I want LOL. There are a lot of women, that I guess to be XX card carrying members that I initially thought could be XY which gives me hope.
Joining CDH opened my eyes further, a lot of women here would fool me. At least based on pictures, though I know from my own experience I only post the photos that I think are the most feminine and flattering. Most of my pics don’t get through my screening process. Having said all that, seeing people move and talk is the ultimate test.
Honestly, if we’re interested in getting better at what we do, I think we’d be crazy not to keep our eyes open and keep evaluating what we see and relate it to how we’re presenting ourselves. Just, you know, don’t let it get you down if the comparisons aren’t going in your favour one day. It’s nice to come here and get some positive reinforcement 🥰.
I don’t remember that ad though, I’m guessing it didn’t play here in Canada? Maybe I just missed it.
— Abbie 😘
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Abbie Normal.
- July 29, 2021 at 2:09 pm #524663Katie TimeDuchessRegistered On: April 3, 2021Topics: 33Replies: 265Has thanked: 1771 timesBeen thanked: 1523 times
Hi Abby I am continuously catching myself walking more feminine, even when in drab. My wife who doesn’t want to see me dressed has noticed, but hasn’t commented. At least not yet. 💃🏻💕💋 Katie
- July 29, 2021 at 2:15 pm #524664Abbie NormalDuchessRegistered On: June 13, 2021Topics: 10Replies: 472Has thanked: 835 timesBeen thanked: 1687 times
yep, I’m walking around the garden in a very different way now. My wife hasn’t noticed yet but I’m sure she will eventually. It’s got to be the more raised heels right? That and the skirt I guess. For some reason I find myself pointing my toe on the leading foot and keeping my feet very inline with my centre of gravity. Gives a nice sashay…
— Abbie 🥰
- July 29, 2021 at 1:54 pm #524658Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 1112Has thanked: 7847 timesBeen thanked: 4661 times
Hi Wilma The skill you are developing is a skill that most GGs have and they do not even think about it. They are professional scanners.ha ha They can look at another woman and can tell if they are wearing a wig or if their breast are real all with a simple glance. They just do not say anything they just keep moving on to their busy day. They are just wired different to observe and determine friend or foe real quickly What looks right and what does not. My wife can smell another woman in the house within seconds I believe their five sensors are a lot more keener than ours. Maybe its a primal thing. What I do not understand that woman have all these skills and have to be told or find out after the fact that their man likes presenting himself as woman even if it is some times in private. Maybe it something they just are not looking for. I guess we are a bit unusual now that i think about it. Thank you for the post
- July 30, 2021 at 12:23 am #524862Val’sheril StarsongLadyRegistered On: March 3, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 383Has thanked: 264 timesBeen thanked: 866 times
As far as women’s senses go this is more or less a scientific fact. A popular theory goes that in the olden days the females were the gatherer half of the hunter-gatherer way of life, and as such they needed to be able to determine if, for example, a berry looked or smelled off, since it could literally be a life-or-death decision not only for her but potentially for her entire tribe.
As far as how they fail to notice their men are dipping their feet in the feminine pond, I’d blame the longstanding human tendency to see what we want to see and ignore what we don’t. Not to say that the women in question won’t be accepting, but it’s a fundamental shift to their worldview that is not to be taken lightly. So the kneejerk response may just be “no that can’t be right” and move on as though nothing happened.
- July 29, 2021 at 1:44 pm #524654Holly GoodrichDuchessRegistered On: April 19, 2021Topics: 113Replies: 417Has thanked: 1542 timesBeen thanked: 2272 times
- July 29, 2021 at 1:23 pm #524647Clarissa CrossLadyRegistered On: July 17, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 10Has thanked: 52 timesBeen thanked: 38 times
- July 29, 2021 at 1:08 pm #524644Haley AnnLadyRegistered On: October 12, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 171Has thanked: 136 timesBeen thanked: 789 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.