• This topic has 23 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Does anyone else remember the Harmony Hairspray advert….

Had to drive out of Devon and went to Dorset today and there are quite a few Towns & villages to drive through and I found myself looking at women on the street and wondered to myself 2 things, A/ could I get away with wearing what they were wearing?

B/ Were they  “Real or one of us?

I find myself looking at women  differently now, not in the manly way but I wonder where she got that blouse from or those shoes don’t match that outfit.

I am not trying to be offensive so if this is offending anyone I shall remove it.

Hugs

Wilma

Anonymous

I’m the same way! I’m thinking nice dress, great shoes…not the same way I used to look at women😉

Haley😘

My Gf who by the way are always very feminine and chick dressed, often comments how I observe other womens makeup shoes or their way to dress.

Hi Wilma The skill you are developing is a skill that most GGs have and they do not even think about it. They are professional scanners.ha ha They can look at another woman and can tell if they are wearing a wig or if their breast are real all with a simple glance. They just do not say anything they just keep moving on to their busy day. They are just wired different to observe and determine friend or foe real quickly What looks right and what does not. My wife can smell another woman in the house within seconds I believe their five sensors are a lot more keener than ours. Maybe its a primal thing. What I do not understand that woman have all these skills and have to be told or find out after the fact that their man likes presenting himself as woman even if it is some times in private. Maybe it something they just are not looking for. I guess we are a bit unusual now that i think about it. Thank you for the post

Luv Stephanie

As far as women’s senses go this is more or less a scientific fact. A popular theory goes that in the olden days the females were the gatherer half of the hunter-gatherer way of life, and as such they needed to be able to determine if, for example, a berry looked or smelled off, since it could literally be a life-or-death decision not only for her but potentially for her entire tribe.

As far as how they fail to notice their men are dipping their feet in the feminine pond, I’d blame the longstanding human tendency to see what we want to see and ignore what we don’t. Not to say that the women in question won’t be accepting, but it’s a fundamental shift to their worldview that is not to be taken lightly. So the kneejerk response may just be “no that can’t be right” and move on as though nothing happened.

Anonymous

For me that ‘he or she’ question started when my Niece transitioned (MTF) a few years ago. I mean this from a pure “XY vs. XX genes” perspective, though it seems clear that there are many more genes involved in gender expression. Anyway, my eyes were opened as they say. Then I became far more observant and started playing that same game. Now that I’m fully dressing and going out it’s really ramped up. I’m also watching women for how they move and what they are wearing and trying to figure out if it’s something I want LOL. There are a lot of women, that I guess to be XX card carrying members that I initially thought could be XY which gives me hope.

Joining CDH opened my eyes further, a lot of women here would fool me. At least based on pictures, though I know from my own experience I only post the photos that I think are the most feminine and flattering. Most of my pics don’t get through my screening process. Having said all that, seeing people move and talk is the ultimate test.

Honestly, if we’re interested in getting better at what we do, I think we’d be crazy not to keep our eyes open and keep evaluating what we see and relate it to how we’re presenting ourselves. Just, you know, don’t let it get you down if the comparisons aren’t going in your favour one day. It’s nice to come here and get some positive reinforcement 🥰.

I don’t remember that ad though, I’m guessing it didn’t play here in Canada? Maybe I just missed it.

— Abbie 😘

Anonymous

Hi Abby I am continuously catching myself walking more feminine, even when in drab. My wife who doesn’t want to see me dressed has noticed, but hasn’t commented. At least not yet. 💃🏻💕💋 Katie

Anonymous

yep, I’m walking around the garden in a very different way now. My wife hasn’t noticed yet but I’m sure she will eventually. It’s got to be the more raised heels right? That and the skirt I guess. For some reason I find myself pointing my toe on the leading foot and keeping my feet very inline with my centre of gravity. Gives a nice sashay…

— Abbie 🥰

Anonymous

Hi Wilma I’ve recently commented on some of my wife’s outfits, mostly saying things like “that’s nice” and “pretty skirt”. Her response now is “no you can’t have it” Silly girl. Hugs Katie

Yes, this subject has been commented about before. It seems that once we have connected to our feminine self we start paying attention to fashion, hair, makeup and carriage. Not to say we don’t admire an attractive woman, under our feminine presentation we are still men and can still look at a woman with certain hormonal responses, but now we examine why she is attractive. Can I use that look, would that dress work on me,  do those shoes come in my size?

We now look at the package first picking out ideas and tips for ourselves then we see the woman. I still admire an attractive woman and still practice polite control and not whistle but before I see a sexy, stylish, frumpy or ugly woman I see the presentation.

About the question of “is she a he?” I have often wondered that myself. I know they are out there, but where? If they are so good we can’t tell then they have achieved the penultimate goal and if we know them they deserve praise. If we can tell that they are cd then we need to befriend them, encourage them and help them on their journey.

Beth

Leonara
        Ambassador

Beth,
        Your comments are right on… I couldn’t have said it any better… I am an observer of other woman..
        Always getting ideas whether fashion or observing demeanor to perfect my feminine presentation.
        Regards, Leonara

Anonymous

I’ve been looking at women differently as my dressing has progressed.  I notice outfits, shoes (always have to check out the shoes), hair, make-up and jewelry.  I think about how I might look in those things and get ideas about things I’d like to try.

Kelly Lee
        Duchess - Annual

Pretty much the same here.
        Shoes I been looking at as long as I remember but last few years it’s also the rest of the outfit, wondering if I would wear it if I had it and so on.

/kt

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Yes, I am spending a lot of time checking out the women pass by everyday and hope I don’t come across as a perv. I am checking out their shoes or their top or commenting to myself that is a nice pair of jeans or a nice skirt – wonder where she got them. Or looking at a younger girl who has colored her hair in one of those stand out colors, like pink or green or an unnatural red. Maybe sometimes I am admiring her earrings or her the color of her nails ( I have actually commented to a couple of women that I liked the color of their nails).
      . . Sandy

I look at outfits, does it work? Makeup, how well is it done, can I pull that off? Damn, I wish I had the curves to wear that! “Hey honey, (to my wife!) Isn’t that a cute top she’s got on?” But a part of me still says yep, that chick’s hot. And yes, I do look for…us… out there. Last weekend I was at the big box store, there were two other guys there with shaved legs, about my age. I thought, hmm…I wonder?

Bridgette

Not offensive at all Wilma, I do it all the time. Think some women think I am flirting when we chat, hanging on their every word, when in fact I’m intently studying their eye make up not gazing into their eyes🤣

I think it was Benny Hill who made a sketch relating to the Harmony hairspray ad. Woman in a skirt walks over an open manhole. Then Benny Hill pops his head out of the manhole with a big grin on his face, cue the announcer ‘Is she or isn’t she?’ 🤣Like so much from the 1970s Not very PC nowadays.

❤️Bianca

Anonymous

Bianca
        lol yes I think I remember that sketch, PC has ruined a lot of the old comedy.
        Loved watching Dick Emery…He was awful but I did like him….lol

Hugs
        Wilma x

Anonymous
      Lady

Yep we are great observers of women and I’m amazed at how fast my wife can glance at another female and see everything at once. It takes me longer to see what she sees in just a moment. Knowing that I dress and love ladies fashion she will sometimes comment to me on what another is wearing like, “Did you see those shoes she’s wearing?” or, “Don’t you think she shouldn’t be wearing that?”. I’m always a few moments behind her.

I try to observe the way a woman moves and holds herself. Sometimes its just a subtle movement like keeping an elbow crooked or keeping their knees together thats different.

I too wonder sometimes if someone is a CD or not but unless its obvious then I’m never sure. The voice is usually a dead giveaway.

You are not alone in that Wilma, I do it all the time. Out here in the Carolinas where it’s hot and humid at this time of year, there are a lot of shorts around. I’m not sure how I’d look in tight short shorts but I am always checking out tops and deciding if they would look good on me.

Anonymous

Hi Wilma that girl is wearing Harmony Hairspray how can you tell you can’t, her hair is so light and firmly held you can’t tell. Well ask her no you ask her and she walks by with a can in her bag. Your not being offensive with your post we all wonder that way at times.

Love Sarah

xx

This is quite timely, lol
      The other day we were driving home from my wife’s therapy, and there were two women walking on the sidewalk, and I checked them out, apparently quite obviously
      My wife said, there’s” him coming out”, and I asked what she meant. apparently they were both beautiful blondes, i couldnt say, I was looking at thee outfits, and shoes, which did them both no justice, I wouldnt wear either outfit.
      I had no idea, the colour of their hair, or how good their shapes, were.
      Definitely NOT a “him” moment ,lol
      Hugs,Regine👸💕

Marie Law
      Lady

I do the same thing. I look at the way they do their makeup, what clothes they are wearing and their shoes. I compare the way I dress to the way they are and I ask myself, could I pass wearing that.

Marie

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hardly offensive Wilma.  I can’t really be offended if it’s true, can I?  I find myself doing this far too often, like, all the time, and usually with a healthy dose of envy.  What’s happening more now is my habit of openly complimenting them on it.  “Gorgeous outfit”, “Beautiful nails”, or ” I love your hair!”  I try not to sound creepy since most of these people are considerably younger than I am, but I have always received nothing but a smile and thanks, sometimes they will even chat with me about it.   Nothing wrong with a sincere compliment, world might be a better place if we all did it more often.  But I admit, it’s mostly envy on how well they look.

Stevie

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Stevie. I’ve read that a guy shouldn’t comment on a womans appearance but I find myself complimenting women more and more. I’ve complimented them on their nails, hair, outfits and have gotten reactions from embarrassment to a big smile and a thank you. I try not to be creepy about it and usually give the compliment as I’m leaving their presence. I often wonder what they think of a random guy with a ponytail who appreciates their tastes. Do they guess I’m a CD or think I’m gay… idk. Some seem annoyed while others seem to enjoy it. In this day and age I hope its not taken as sexual harassment.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?