Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Someone commented a while (maybe a year or two) ago about how shallow the front pockets are on women’s jeans.  Some appreciated their depth, or lack of it, while others hoped for a deeper pocket.  This is probably old news to most but I just got my first pair of Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda jeans (from poor, struggling J.C. Penney) and discovered that the front pockets are at least twice the depth of my Lee or Levis jeans.  Not quite as huge as those on men’s jeans but quite adequate, I think, unless you like to carry a sandwich or bottle of soda in your front pockets.

Sorry to go off topic (I have no idea which forum this would go in), but I have to ask this.  While shopping online for those Amanda jeans, I noticed that there is a category of women’s jeans described as “boyfriend jeans.”  And I’m a little confused.   Would wearing “boyfriend jeans” make a woman a cross-dresser because they’re “boyfriend jeans”?  But they’re made for and  marketed to women (or girls), so they would be a women’s garment.  But what if, just for kicks, a gal’s boyfriend tried on and wore her “boyfriend jeans”?  Would the boyfriend wearing the “boyfriend jeans” then be the cross dresser because “boyfriend jeans” aren’t actually meant for boyfriends but for women?

Lea
      Lady

I have the same question on why those are named “boyfriend” jeans, and why aren’t there any “husband” jeans (faded, torn, waistline stretched)…lol

Now, they should make men’s jeans called “girlfriend” jeans 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Lea.
      • This reply was modified 2 years ago by Lea.

They also have “mom jeans” which, I assume, are like the “gentlemen’s jeans” of a few decades past, made to fit a bit “huskier” physique.  Seems like “mom jeans” are just a way for a size 10 girl to wear a size 8.  The lies we tell ourselves.

Nancy
        Lady

I had the same thought about “girlfriend” jeans. I’m afraid it would be a marketing disaster though, most men’s fragile masculinity couldn’t handle that. 🙂

Birel

Lea
      Lady

I have an idea for a CD line of jeans…

GF jeans, perfect fit, slighly snug

Wife jeans, perfect fit

Sister jeans, a little too tight, short

Aunt jeans, strange designs

add more..  coming soon, a similar lingerie line..lol

I had to google the term “boyfriend jeans”, and it comes down to how it fits :

Boyfriend jeans—a jean style that’s typically fitted at the hips and in the seat with a more generous, relaxed cut through the legs—are a fashion essential in many women’s denim wardrobes

Not quite sure why it is termed “boyfriend jeans”.

As to the gloria vanderbilt jeans, I have 3.  I think one of them is the Amanda.  I don’t wear womens pants often, but I do have to say I do like the gloria vanderbilt jeans.  For denim, it has some stretch to it, and it is surprisingly comfy.  All 3 are high rise, not a fan of mid or low rise as it feels like my pants are constantly falling down.

The pockets are nowhere near as deep as my drab levi’s, but as far as woman’s pants goes, it is pretty deep.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

The reason, as I see it, that womens pockets are smaller is they carry everything in the purse. Men carry as much as they can in the pockets.

I haven’t come across boyfriend jeans but do have boyfriend cardigans. They are very feminine and have deep pockets. They act as handwarmers in chilly weather. They also have a habit of catching onto things such as handrails ! Caution required as not to be catapaulted back with an undignified face plant!

Anonymous

Hi Angela,

I do so agree about men and their pockets. It’s a habit I’ve yet to get out of, so my female cut jeans soon appear as if mens simply because of the stretches and bulges when I wear them – and by bulges I’m talking about wallets, loose change, keys on a key ring, baccy, lighters, …

I’m wary of a handbag, or even a shoulder bag, because I don’t trust myself not to misplace it and its contents if I’m out and about. So now it’s winter, back to your idea of boyfriend cardi’s with pockets. I’ve got two cardis with pockets now, but all I do is overload them too, lol.

Another thing about jean pockets. Too deep, or too tight and it takes ages for me to gently insert my now long nails and fish for whatever it is – without catching my nails.

Crickey, life is sent to try us!

Marti xxx

Between the small pockets and tighter fit I desire nothing much could go in any jean pocket that I wear.  It would take to long to get out anyway.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I’ve noticed shallower pockets as well. But I’m okay with it, as long as I can put my lipstick in the pocket if I don’t have a purse at the time. A girl never knows when she may have to freshen up her lipstick.

Hugs, Liara

I have never even tried on ‘boyfriend jeans’ since I first saw them in my local Torrid.  If it has the word ‘boy’ in it, count me out.  I won’t even wear ‘boy shorts’ panties.

I don’t have much problem with the short pockets in my ladies jeans and slacks.  They are the perfect size for debit and credit cards, ID’S and such.  I usually put loose change in the bottom of my purse and clean it out occasionally.  I hook my key fob onto a belt loop or slip the cloth belt through the ring, leaving my keys hidden in the car.

PaulaF

Goodness, so many replies.  Hugs and thank yous to everyone who replied to my silly little post.  I thought I might finally have something useful to contribute — to someone.  (I forgot to mention that the GV jeans come in about 8-10 colors too.)

And I love wordplay and turns of phrase so I included the musing about “boyfriend jeans” as anyone I know would just look at me sideways if I asked that question of them.  I’m not inclined to ever try them either but I’m completely sold on women’s pants.  They just fit exactly like I like them to fit.  I sometimes wonder if I look stupid in them but, then again, I don’t really care.  At my advanced age, I’ve had to ask myself, “If it’s something you enjoy — and it’s certainly not harming anyone, (nor, I suspect, do I look any stupider than many others I see at the hardware or grocery stores with the back pockets of their baggy jeans hanging down at mid-thigh), when do you plan to just please yourself?”  So, with whatever time I have left, I decided to do just that.  At the very least, my wardrobe will give my cousins something to gossip about while throwing out my belongings when the end does come.

Thanks to everyone once again.  You’re very kind people.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?