Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Okay so I have a job interview with Torrid today. I’m going to present feminine for the interview. I got about 4 hours before I have to leave.

What should I wear? I was told business casual would be a good idea. I was thinking of wearing a nice top, a pencil skirt, hose, and heels with some makeup on.

Assuming that’s good, I’ll keep you all posted on the interview!

GOOD LUCK, sounds like it would be a great job!!!!!!!

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

The best of luck to you Holly. Torrid is a wonderful place to work. I have worked at Torrid now for a month and told the manager up front that I am trans. I interviewed dressed in a nice fem outfit including a top that I had purchased there a few months back.
      ONce again good luck, be yourself, and be honest.
      Cassie

Good luck Holly hope everything goes well for you,

That sounds just right what you are going to wear, I think the smarter you are the more chance you have of getting the Job X

Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀

Holly,

Good luck with the interview at Torrid.  They must be a tremendously lgbt friendly store chain if they’re willing  to hire trans girls.  I went into a local Torrid once en femme, but lost my nerve and left without talking to anyone.  Maybe I should try it again.

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

You should Kerri.  Torrid is among the most inclusive retailers out there.  One of our members is an employee.  My experiences have been 100% positive.

Anonymous

Hope the interview went well!

Good luck Holly on your interview.

Alice

Anonymous

[postquote quote=703232]
      Tell us more

Interview went well, I’ll hear from them in a couple of days.

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Holly,

I just saw this. How did the interview go today?

💕Lara

It went well! They told me they’d get back to me in a few days, hoping for the best!

Lara Muir
          Baroness - Annual

Yay! Best of luck!

Anonymous

A good friend is the Mgr of Torrid locally

Anonymous

Ok seriously

should I go ahead w my girly haircut?

I’ve let it grow3 months now

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Emily Alt.
      Angela Booth
      Hostess

I hope it goes well for you. I had that experience of an interview with a fashion retailer and like you I was up front on the application. I dressed conservatively for the interview which went very well and I got the job. One thing that made me feel good was at the end of the interview the manager said that at this point she asks candidates to go down to the shop floor and pick an outfit for a special occasion. She then said that I am not going to do that with you as I can see you have good dress sense and it would be pointless. We had a little chat after and she said you would be amazed at how poorly some candidates appear for an interview.

Fingers crossed for you.

Anonymous

I am known at Torrid and Lane Bryant as Suzanne Michaels

Anonymous

I could never work at Torrids. I would be bankrupt in a week w a bunch of cute clothes. Hehe

Cassie Jayson
        Duchess

I love working at Torrid and yes I have purchased a lot of clothes. So far in 2 shopping trips about $175 for 20 items. With a 50% employee discount you can get a lot of things. So far I have stayed mainly with the clearance items.

Cassie

I have often wondered how great it would be to work at a woman’s clothing store I’m very jealous. The Torrid stores in my area are great I have never had an issue trying on clothing dressed or in male mode. My favorite Crossdressing story if from a Torrid store I was shopping for dresses in male mode when I noticed a couple browsing the racks as I was checking out a dress in the mirrors by the dressing room the female half of the couple complimented the dress I was trying on after a few minutes of chit chat she asked how long have I been Crossdressing then told me she was there with her husband that is also a crossdresser and how she enjoys helping him shop for clothes wow what a lucky man!  Good luck with the job.

J J
      Lady

What did you end up wearing?  Was it well received?

I wore exactly as I said barring the shoes. My heels kept coming off my feet as I was walking so I had to wear sneakers. Aside from that, my outfit was well received. Guess I just need practice walking in them or they just don’t fit.

Holly,

Congrats on a successful interview with Torrid.  One question,  how would you take care of your beard over an eight hour shift?  After a close shave, I can’t go more than about 4 hours till my whiskers start to grow out again.

hugs,

Kerri

I don’t really have a beard and I’d only be working for 4-5 hours tops a day

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

Holly, congratulations on the interview I do hope you get the job but I must ask what is Torrid and were are they located, sounds very much like a store I would like to shop in.
      Sherri

It’s a women’s plus size clothing store and they have various locations around the US, not sure about other countries.

Trish White
      Baroness

That is so awesome, good luck Holly. I know you’ll do fine and I think what you’re going to wear is perfect. Go get them girl.💖

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?