• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hey everybody, what’s your opinion on the new Joker movie?  Haven’t seen it but am interested in checking it out.  Not to many spoilers but what do you have?

Give me that judgement!

Stacy Ann May
      Duchess

Interesting that no one has seen the film yet!

“Joker” was derivative of “Taxi Driver” and “The King Of Comedy” and a little overlong, but overall I thought “Joker” was a very good film with an excellent lead performance by Joaquin Phoenix. “Joker” certainly made me think a lot more than most of these recent superhero movies have and has stuck with me longer.

Anonymous

The movie was a little slow to start but it was to me a mentally disturbing film. How he became Joker is brought out really well during the film. I don’t think you can compare this Joker to Heath Ledger’s Joker. But I do think Joaquin Phoenix played the role better as far as acting. I don’t want to give anything away, the script made Ledger’s Joker and Phoenix made this Joker’s script. If Phoenix doesn’t get the Oscar for his role as Joker then no one should get an Oscar this season.

Anonymous

Although this was the first Joker movie I’ve seen (I don’t care for the superhero stuff), I enjoyed the movie. It was cringy at times, and I often felt bad for Joker during some of the scenes (you’ll see why). I hope you enjoy it!

I’ve got to agree.  It’s difficult to top such a top notch performance.  You’re either stuck trying to top it or trying to change it, both which will be challenged by fans. :/

Anonymous

By the sounds of it he has done a better job. That said I consider Cesar Romero and Mark Hamill to have created better representations of the Joker than Heath Ledger. I’ve always said that Christopher Nolan should not have made a batman trilogy and instead used his ideas for a vigilante of his own creation as that is almost exactly what he did.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?