- December 17, 2022 at 7:39 am #701995Denise TanoParticipantRegistered On: December 17, 2022Topics: 4Replies: 26Has thanked: 144 timesBeen thanked: 184 times
Have any of you had experiance with strapless bras? I can’t seem to keep mine from slipping down making my breasts (forms) appear lower
- December 18, 2022 at 10:13 am #702298Denise TanoLadyRegistered On: December 17, 2022Topics: 4Replies: 26Has thanked: 144 timesBeen thanked: 184 times
I think I hit upon a solution. I tried this and it seems to work very well. I glued my breast forms on. I used medical adhesive. It really held my forms in place firmly. Because this keeps my girls from sliding down, my strapless bra pretty much stays where it belongs and the girls look high and proud! Only problem was I had to run back out to get medical adhesive remover. Without that, I am sure my breast forms would stay in place for several days.
- December 17, 2022 at 8:41 pm #702180Kari JohnsonDuchessRegistered On: November 17, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 27Has thanked: 67 timesBeen thanked: 116 times
- December 17, 2022 at 5:34 pm #702140Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 98Replies: 5776Has thanked: 7783 timesBeen thanked: 15192 times
Welcome to CDH.
You might try a convertible bra with straps that can adjust around you neck or be removed (Strapless). If you have a Lane Bryant nearby they are CD friendly and carry the style. Just ask for a bra fitting and tell the fitter what you need. Be sure to bring your forms with you.
As suggested clear bra straps might work too.
- December 17, 2022 at 3:40 pm #702126Christina IsmeLadyRegistered On: April 8, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 709Has thanked: 764 timesBeen thanked: 2200 times
- December 17, 2022 at 8:59 pm #702184
- December 17, 2022 at 11:56 am #702066Emily AltHostessRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 1263Has thanked: 1403 timesBeen thanked: 6481 times
- December 17, 2022 at 11:35 am #702062Holly MarieLadyRegistered On: August 8, 2022Topics: 11Replies: 148Has thanked: 162 timesBeen thanked: 678 times
Hiya, Denise; from my own viewpoint, it’s not a question I can even come close to answer; I love breasts, but whether that means for myself or for a cute GG, my view is “the smaller, the better.” I note, however, that you don’t mention what size forms you are using (and having a problem with.) Are you maybe just being a touch too “optimistic” (and as you’ll have guessed, anything that could be labelled in that way is too much for me.) I can see that strapless could always be a problem – but have you tried going a cup size or two down – it may solve the problem and you’ll find that a surprisingly large portion of the population will more than appreciate the change… Holly XXX
- December 17, 2022 at 11:05 am #702049Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 334Has thanked: 1409 timesBeen thanked: 1284 times
Hi Denise, I’m a woman’s costumer and this is a problem that some dancers and performers deal with if they have larger breasts. Commonly, most dancers have much smaller or minimal breast tissue so this usually isn’t a problem but there are work arounds for the more endowed dancers. April is right to suggest a smaller and tighter approach. Barring this, full busted performers will usually opt for a clear silicone bra strap or a beige fabric or lingerie strap that matches their body coloration. The beige strap or string elastic is the most common fix and once a performer finds the correct color to blend into their body you will see them repeat the fix and sew it in all their costumes. When done correctly, it becomes almost invisible. Otherwise you will just have to turn to a corner and hike your sides up from time to time. I wear strapless bras occasionally with my outfits but sometimes I just need straps to hold everything together and then I just try to get the straps to blend in and not be so obvious. I’ve cut bra straps out of bras that will match the color of my dress and sewed them in with great success. Some of the VS bras have the absolute best strap designs and great colors to steal from. I’m currently working on solving a similar problem with a Jessica Rabbit dress that I’m altering but I know that it won’t be done in time for New Years. Another approach would be to remove your regular weighted forms and replace them with shaped dense foam. You would need to cut the foam yourself to pack the dress cup cavity until it was tight enough to stand up by itself but then you would not have the weight problem that causes sag. Drag performers sometimes use this approach. So I hope that this info provides you with some structure. Happy Holiday Party ! Marg
- December 17, 2022 at 7:48 am #702001April SinclairDuchessRegistered On: April 29, 2022Topics: 8Replies: 371Has thanked: 4658 timesBeen thanked: 1791 times
Yes when I use a strapless I had to find one that was a little smaller and has a kind of rubbery adhesive attached in a woven crisscross pattern on the band. Also go a size smaller on the band for me and will use a slightly smaller breastform since then it holds just fine dose not slide down. I wear a bra band 44C or 46B normally depends if I have been working out or not so I go with a strapless size 42C the rubbery gel on the bands jeeps it from sliding down.i never have any discomfort issues at all with it.
- December 17, 2022 at 8:09 am #702008Denise TanoLadyRegistered On: December 17, 2022Topics: 4Replies: 26Has thanked: 144 timesBeen thanked: 184 times
Hi April, my problem seems to be if I reach my arm over my head. When I put it back down, my bra is a little bit lower. I am a 44c. I really want to get a couple of halter or off the shoulder tops or dresses and I really do not want my bra straps to show. I guess I will try a 42d to see how that works.
I really love wearing lingerie especially and love the feel of the straps on my shoulders. I adore wearing a bra and if I could, I would wear one 24/7. I even thought about trying out those “vacation boobs” but they are so expensive for something that only lady a few days. I woukd really love to have real breasts. Lol. But I guess most of us feel that way.
- December 17, 2022 at 7:49 am #702002April SinclairDuchessRegistered On: April 29, 2022Topics: 8Replies: 371Has thanked: 4658 timesBeen thanked: 1791 times
Hello Denise welcome to CDH I am glad you have shared a part of who you are and found us and made the step to become part of a family that is welcoming, understanding, compassionate, and supportive. While we are all similar and have many of the same desires we all differ on our goals or public expression and or level of personal experiences. I encourage you to explore the many forums, topics, polls and member biographies found here as there are a wide range of members all over the spectrum of feminine expression or those on the path to transition and those that have. There are also links to websites that have products and services that may help you on your own personal path of acceptance and self expression. Ultimately it is a place, home, or world were you can feel feel comfortable and confident in who you are; as being who you truly are as your authentic self of you being a man, a woman, or expressing your feminine desires feelings and or qualities. I am happy you are here and have made a choice to accept this part of yourself as self acceptance is the most important thing you can do for yourself and others. You can’t expect others to accept you if you don’t accept yourself all of you. As you are sharing a part of your authentic self here on CDH it ultimately lifts some of the burden that you may be feeling which many of us have carried for what seems like a lifetime you are not alone. I am happy you have made the step to be here. Welcome!
- December 17, 2022 at 7:46 am #701999Rozalyn RichardsLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 682Has thanked: 696 timesBeen thanked: 2662 times
Hi Denise welcome to CDH it’s nice to meet you,no I’ve not tried a strapless bra so I’ve no idea what sort of problem you seem to be having with them, I’m a mature crossdresser too I’ve been dressing most of my life since i was about 8 or 9 years old when i tried my older sister’s lingerie on, I’m sorry i can’t meet up with you for a coffee ☕ I’m on the other side of the pond in the UK, like you I’m still in the closet to my wife and family,
Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.