Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have also struggled with a lack of a support network in real time. My parents aren’t thrilled I crossdress, my sister refuses to talk about it. I have one friend I can talk to, she has even offered to take me shopping. But I don’t want to dump everything on her. I wish I had more of a support network. How did all of you manage to find people who you can talk to about crossdressing and the struggles that come with it?

Hi Holly,

Everyday review the forum posts and send a private message to those who seem interesting. Jut see where things go.

Holly, you don’t need a fan base, just maybe 2 or 3 ladies who you can relate to.

Go for it, girl

Lee Ann

Seren
      Baroness

Hey Holly, until I started looking I was, like many girls, sure I was alone…. then I found this wonderful place, TGH and weirdly, IG… Reach out to me, or pretty much anyone else on here, look on the ‘social’ and see if there’s any girls local to you.
      The help and support of the girls here has been invaluable to me on my journey

Seraphina or Seren xx

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

This is the place Holly.  Every CD I’ve met online or in person has been thru CDH.  We’re all sisters here.  We got each other’s back.  Reach out to anyone of us.

Emily

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Emily Alt.
      Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

My entire life I never had anyone to talk to, and it was pure luck ( destiny? ) that brought me here to this specific site.  All those years I thought ” this is your issue, you must deal with it yourself! “.

What rubbish that was!!  It’s so much easier now.  🙂

Stevie

As Lee Ann says, review the forum posts regularly, reply to a few and look at the other people that reply or start topics. Read their profile, if you think they may share some common intreats send them a PM. The worst thing that can happen is you don’t get a reply, but I’m pretty sure you will/ I have found a number of girls that way and we are great friends, even going out  together. I might take a little tim but you will get there……………

Isabel
      Lady

Hey girls,

I find some support here on CDH, everyone is very nice, but circumstances are very different in NI than other parts of the world, so a lot of other peoples help, though kind of them to offer, is not relevant.

My family do not know, as I know they will disown me if I tell.

Though there is an LGBT centre near by, and I have attended numerous of their groups, but a woeful turn out, some evening I have sat on my own, at times even none of the LGBT centre staff turned up.  Once everything reopens again, hope to go to therapy to have someone to talk to.

If anyone has any other alternatives, I’d love some suggestions.

Hugs,

Isabel

K Swim
      Lady

I didn’t.

I keep this part of my life to myself and don’t tell anyone outside of this site. I know that if I started telling others, I would spend the rest of my life trying to convince them that I am not crazy.

I too have found trouble finding local support. It put me into therapy. It seems at times the only people out there are in the fetish community. That’s not bad as they are very open, welcoming and supportive but I need to be comfortable with myself before I can even consider pursuing this avenue of exploration. My therapist suggested reaching out to the local LGTBQ community. I reached out, via email, explaining my situation but never got a response. They, as a whole, seem to consider me a fetish. Especially when I say I identify as hetro. I like to say there is no CD in LGTBQ.  Be safe all.

Love and Peace,

Amber

Anonymous

Hi Holly,

As stated many time here, CDH can be a great help. Lots of friendly gals here who would love to help you out. There are a lot of articles on many interesting subjects in the Article section. If you find a good therapist, they can be a great help. And you also have to rely on yourself. I read a lot of self help books and I feel like working on myself helps bring self acceptance into my life for crossdressing. On Amazon there are a lot of good books on gender and crossdressing.

Kay

Josline
      Baroness

Dear Kay

Im living in the middle east in which it is a taboo to be a crossdresser , which means I cannot share this secret with anyone,,,yet finally after 25 years  marriage , I finally confessed to my wife in which she partially accepted and was supportive yet with no direct involvement ,,,,,,therefore you should keep testing the ground with one  whom you trust to share ,,,,it is not necessary to go public if you do not find enough support ,,,just one is enough

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Relationship Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?