Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Many of the places I shop are frequent locations for me, meaning I shop there both as my male self and female self.  That in turn often requires me to use both toilets, male and female.

Over the years, I have noticed a distinct trend, at least here in the Atlanta metro area.  The female toilets always seem to be somewhat more decorated than the male toilets.  Maybe “decorated” is not a good word to use.  The female toilets seem to be better cared for or better looking.

For example, today I was my female self and shopped a local upscale strip mall.  The public toilet for women at this mall is beautiful and well maintained!  Inside, there are attractive artificial flowers, attractive paintings on the walls, a full-length mirror, several comfortable chairs for ladies to sit in, Kleenex boxes on a table, and the walls are painted in pastel colors.

I have also been in the male public toilet at this very same upscale strip mall.  We are talking night & day.  In the male toilet, the walls are bare, nothing on them, and they are painted a drab gray.  There are no seats, no chairs, no flowers, no paintings, no full-length mirrors, just bare walls, painted a drab gray!  Oh, and no Kleenex boxes either.

On one hand, I think how grateful I am to experience the female things in life and all the beautiful things and feelings that go with being a female.  OTOH, I think male drab really is drab, for sure!

For those of you that get out & about, have you noticed a different standard applied to the male and female toilet facilities in places that you frequent often?

I think the toilet decor is designed to mirror the clothes we wear. The male toilets being the equivalent of grey Y fronts.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I have noticed the difference too. I guess they don’t put much into men’s rooms because they just dont have to. Its strictly a utility for men. It’s unusual to ever see a man examining his face or hair in the mirrors.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I agree.  The difference is night and day.  Most guys would consider a nicely appointed restroom pointless.  In a way they’re probably right.  The knuckle draggers among the male population tend to trash restrooms.  Fortunately, I don’t spend much time in men’s restrooms these days.

/EA

This is years ago.   My wife and I went to orlando, and we stopped into a mcd’s.  She had to go into the bathroom and when she came back, she said that was the most beautiful washroom for a mcd’s she has ever seen.

Curious I went to the can to take a look.  I looked around, and it was nothing spectacular at all.  Just a normal humdrum washroom.   I went back and said there is nothing spectacular about the washroom.

She then took a pic of the girl’s bathroom, and it was exquisite.  Gold fancy trimed mirrors, very elegant looking.  The guy’s, nowhere near close.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

When I’m out femme, I really try not to use a restroom. In those times when I must, I’m looking to just get in and out without attracting to much attention. Focused on that, I never really noticed the decor.

I always use the women’s restrooms when out in femme . OMG what a difference indeed. The men’s rooms have toliet paper all over the floors as well as other fluids and the walls are written on with pathetic messages and phone numbers and paper towels from washing all over the floor. What a difference in cleanliness. It’s like night verses day and it is moments like that that make me glad I can be a woman.

Hi Peggy as i have only been out once for the week of Keystone last year and went to the ladies room there in the Sheraton in PA but it was a new girls dream ha ha first time in a ladies room of many trips while there and it really didnt get old as going to the mens room with the same old mess as some men are slobs when it comes to there room .. I feel so proud to be a lady ..

Stephanie Bass

Yes, many times. Wonder why? Maybe it is the cleaning staff or manager’s influence if female. Best, Marlene

Anonymous

Peggy Sue
      Whats the old saying, “if you sprinkle when you tinkle, plz be neat and wipe the seat”. Men are not well aimed with age. However have seen some pretty nasty womens toilets also.
      Hugs Ginger

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Municipal ladies restrooms can be a little sparse and not so nice. In general it is a womens space where a lot happens so it has be comfortable. Conversation is done in the area and even when ladies are in the cubicles, primping and preening in the mirrors along with discussions about womens things. Everything a mens room isn’t.

Anonymous

There has always been a difference between washrooms. Having done janitorial services and hubby’s comments, I know what the Men’s can look like. Women need more privacy and a place to maintain their feminine appearance. Men don’t care if there is running water or a hay bale to do their business. As for cleaning maintenance, it’s easier to act respectful in a place that looks respectful.

Julie
      Lady

I haven’t noticed the difference hun. I’m not far enough in my evolution from man to woman to use the women’s restroom yet. So I still use the men’s restroom sweetie.

Most of the time I don’t go into the same place as both male and female to be able to notice the difference in the restrooms. I have been at rest stops on the PA Turnpike and found both to be functional and pretty much the same.

One time I had an opportunity to go to another rest stop on Interstate 81 en femme, but ended up using the men’s room. I had to go real bad, entered, saw the sign and went in to use the cubicle. But thinking about it, I realized I was in the men’s room. Sure enough, upon leaving, I noticed the urinals. Don’t blame me, though, as my being there was legit. They had temporarily switched the men’s and ladies room so the male attendant could service the ladies room.

However, I do notice the better decor in my synagogue. I have had to close up the building on numerous occasions, which includes shutting the lights in the ladies room. There is no seating or lounge area, but the decor is definitely prettier than the simple functional men’s room.

Clara
      Lady

I use municipal ladies rooms, I have never been in to say a shopping Centre or store when in Clara mode.  So the ones that I use are very basic and nothing flash, just some stalls – some with napkin bins, sink and a mirror.  But a lot of the restrooms on Clara’s adventures are becoming unisex and when out as Clara particularly on the way home from an adventure at night I don’t really feel that safe using a unisex facility and will try to use a dedicated ladies bathroom where I can.  But you mention the difference’s between ladies rooms and men’s rooms, with mens being messy, graffiti etc I have also been into some public ladies restrooms as Clara I would never step foot in again, so not defending us ladies nor accusing the ladies and like wise with the men, sometime municipal ladies rooms can be just as bad regardless of which gender room we use.

In the UK recently, my local gym chain had to temporarily swap changing rooms around (something to do with air conditioning maintenance, although I’m not really sure what swapping them achieved). However, it was plain to see that the women’s changing areas were far more nicer than than the men’s.

Too often, the male toilet areas resemble something out of a post apocalyptic computer game (flooded floor, graffiti, flickering lights etc.) whereas these were pristine. The changing areas had far more comfortable seats and many more hair dryers, straighteners and mirrors with individual stools. Spread amongst the various spaces were bowls of pot pourri and some small toiletries. It resembled more a hair salon than a changing room if I’m being honest.

I have to admit I was somewhat gobsmacked, as I’d just assumed the changing areas were exactly the same (apart from not having any urinals). It felt quite disappointing to go back to the proper men’s area when they swapped them back.

Katie.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?