Viewing 24 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Chrissy Daniels
      Duchess - Annual

Ladies – nothing enhances a femme face better than a nicely arched brow.  Unfortunately, the reverse is also true.  A furry brow low on the brow bone will ruin even a perfectly lined and shadowed eye.  Question is how?

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I get mine waxed and shaped at a salon.

/EA

Comb up and trim, pluck a bit.

Carolyn Kay
        Baroness - Annual

I do the same, but remember to comb down to, makes them more even.

I have my brows waxed and shaped at a salon.

First, my eyes have never looked masculine.
      Therefore eyebrow tweezers to remove those two or three out of place hairs.
      Then I fill in the empty areas using a pencil of the same color as the brows or sometimes black and the brow look is completed.

XOXO from Italy 🇮🇹
      Greta ❤️💙❤️

Amazingly, I don’t have much in the way of eyebrows.  I always had a hard time drawing the brows freehand.  One time I looked at myself in the mirror and I could see Mr Spock from Star Trek.  Not the kind of look that I wanted.  So I read about eyebrow stencils and also about eyebrows and hooded eyes.  I went ahead and ordered the stencil in a kit that I could use with my hooded eyes to actually raise the eyes at the far sides.  I’ve been very happy with the eyebrow stencils and highly recommend them.  The kit comes with various stencils that you might want to consider before deciding on the ones that are best for your face.

I too have hooded eyes and so am interested in the kit you mentioned that raised them in the corners. Would you please give me a lead? PM if you wish to. Best, Marlene.

My eyebrows have always had a feminine arch and they sit high above my orbital bones, as a boy it wasn’t obvious as my brows are pale blonde. I use a brow stencil and color them in to match my current hair color. I have to do my brows every morning unless I cheat sometimes and go to bed with them still done, so I have considered getting them done permanently, still looking into the various options. I am a full time woman so I don’t have to be concerned about having to present in drab mode.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Luckily, old age means my eye brows are virtually non existent (think guinan, star trek).

I used to free hand draw with eye brow make up, and one eyebrow would look perfect but the other would look demented as it was impossible to draw freehand symmetrical brows.

I discovered eyebrow stencils on amazon.  Most were stencil for one brow, but I found one that was for 2.   The stencil for one would work but then you’d have to line it up perfectly for the other side.  The stencil I got attaches right across the face, so all you have to do is line it up horizontally, which is much easier.

I now have decent looking femme brows when I’m Wendy.   Makes a huge difference then free hand.

I voted for pluck my own eyebrows. But that’s really only part of the story. As I’ve aged, my brows have turned grey mostly. Between grey brows and the thinness of them, when you looked at my face you wouldn’t see any brows at all. I was bothered by that.

Then my wife decided to get her brows micro bladed. I went with her to the appointment and asked if there was something that would work for me (guy self). The answer was of course. So I made an appointment for myself. When I went to that first appointment the technician asked what kind of brows I wanted. Deep breath and I explained that I wanted something that looked good in guy mode but would also work when presenting as female. The tech (a guy) had no problem with that.

The tech first drew in a brow with eyebrow pencil. Gave them a nice arch. Showed how it would look without any enhancement. I liked the result and gave the go ahead. It took two sessions but I’ve now got brows that look just fine on my guy face and, with a little enhancement from an eyebrow pencil, also look good when presenting as female.

Emily
      Lady

I voted Glue stick to conceal brows and draw on free hand, although I have very light and thin natural brows so I really don’t have to conceal them with the glue stick. I use a stencil and draw them on.

J J
      Lady

I have a unibrow if I leave it alone. I have been getting them waxed now for over a year and the unibrow is greatly diminished. As time goes on my tech has been thinning and shaping them for a more feminine look, but they are, at best, pretty gender-neutral at this point.

Just reshaped mine. I pluck and also use an eyebrow razor to trim around the edges after thinning with a comb and trimmer. I don’t want those caterpillar looking eyebrows lol

Dee Frost
      Baroness - Annual

I’m with Michelle and Emily.
      I go to the salon every 3rd Friday and have my brows waxed and dyed, and I get a lash lift and tint.

It’s just plain fun, my cerologist is a hoot, and I don’t have to curl my lashes or wear mascara.

Kassie
      Lady

I mostly pluck, trim, and shape my own eyebrows, having watched many tutorials and tools during the years, but always find that it was one of my weaker areas when doing my makeup. That said, I did go to a salon a couple of months ago and had them professionally done which I really recommend if it’s an option for you, as it took all the guesswork out of what style or arch would suit me.

Since 2020 I have a lady at a salon to cut my “male” hair so that I can wear my female wigs. At the same time she feminizes my eyebrows: trims, waxes, and plucks them into a feminine arched shape and then colors/tints them.

After that I use a Flawless brand brow micro shaver to remove any in-coming hairs.

Tamiya
      Lady

There is definitely a level of innovation that comes with us being a cd. We take things to another level. Unfortunately, I’m incognito, and I can’t be as bold as I would like in terms of having brows waxed, shaped, etc. I make them as thin enough as it is and trim the bottom as high as I can.

I use a stencil and a brow pencil. I’ll touch up with a little mascara/detail brush if I want them to be bolder. The makeup kit I bought had some thin and flimsy plastic templates. Solution for those who are into this…I scanned it into a computer, traced it on CAD software and 3D printed a pair. They are thin thick enough where I can bend them into shape to match the contour of my face. I can improve the template as I go, but it was much easier for me to apply them this way for now.

I agree with Chrissy, what a show stopper a bad set of brows can be. Thanks for sharing.

Tamiya

I pluck mine for feminine looking eye. It’s so fun to pluck and shape.

My wife has gotten use to seeing me dressed as Joanne when she gets home from work every day but she was taken aback when she came home one day & seen that I had double pierced my ears & plucked my eyebrows into pencil thin, highly arched, feminine lines. She told me that there would be no hiding this look & every one who see’s me will notice my obviously feminine appearance, I finally told her the truth which, deep down I am sure she already knew, that I wanted every one to know that I wanted a sex change & I wanted to start living full time as Joanne. I told her that I had already placed all of my male clothes into bags that were ready to be dropped off to the goodwill store & that my closet & dresser drawers were already filled with all of my female clothes & shoes & I had all of my makeup, nail polishes & perfumes neatly placed on top of my dresser. My wife asked me if I wanted to start dating men, which I replied with a resounding, YES. 

Ashley
        Lady

Wow how did that go over with your wife?!

Julie
      Lady

I let a Nail Salon do them.

Anonymous

Just had mine done at a salon.

I tried having brow electrolysis at a recent CD convention and have kept up with it to gain more room under my brows and between them.  Then freehand with a brow pencil and brow mascara (or whatever it’s called lol).

Mysti, I do it as you wrote. Of all beautiful things womanly, brows are often my one true failure or at least really weak point. LuvNHugs, TERI

I have rather thick eyebrows and started out trying to shape them myself.
      I considered stamping, but never had the nerve to shave them completely. Eventually I went to Ulta and had them shaped by a very understanding consultant and have never looked back. In the first session, she gave them a moderate, subtle shape by waxing and plucking. The next session a month later she gave them more arch and shape. With brow wax, instructions and light trimming, she showed me how to keep their shape between monthly all-out waxing’s. I’m hooked on a professional salon.

Janie
      Lady

I pluck my eyebrows and keep them androgynous, meaning not too thin and arched. I use a eyebrow pencil to fill in the edges and with an eyebrow tool create texture and fill in any blanks with similar color eye-shadow. I’m glad I did so well in art class back in kindergarten as there was a practical use 🙂

Harriette
      Lady

Other: haven’t touched mine yet

However, I am getting closer. Need more info.

Melodee
      Ambassador

I selected ‘thin & tape’, but then I only wear wigs with bangs, so my brows aren’t as noticable.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?